Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finished watching Bad Samaritan, I must say I enjoyed it very much. Probably more than what my score reflects.

6/8

Caught mother the other day on TV.

What.

The.

Every time I see it airing on tv on the guide I'm like why would I ever rewatch this? :lol: All of the details are fresh in my mind and as an atheist the movie did nothing for me in regards to Aaronfonsky's message/theme w/e.

I pretty sure Aronofsky made Mother just to smash Jennifer Lawrence.

I like most of his movies but Mother was just a bunch of pretentious BS.

I rarely if ever, follow dudes because a movie they produce. However, for Aronofsky, besides black swan, what other great movie has he worked?

calibeebee calibeebee I know you like scifi weird movies, or am I wrong?

I don't know what the hell did I just watch, but thought you might share some information if you watch it. Not really complex, but weird as ****.

A movie for the few that pride themselves in quirky masterful minds.

How to talk to girls at parties, that's the movies name.

Bro that sounds right up my alley, I’ll check it out thanks!!

I rarely if ever, follow dudes because a movie they produce. However, for Aronofsky, besides black swan, what other great movie has he worked?

Requiem for a dream is what put me on him. It’s extremely grim and depressing but it’s one of my favorite movies. He did the wrestler with Mickey rourke, which is good. And Noah, but that wasn’t received very well

I been meaning to ask if any of you guys like Foreign movies?

I watched "The Invisible Guest" and thought it was dope.

If you guys dont mind reading and/or know spanish, I highly recommend the movie.

Last edited:
What channel was it on? Been meaning to catch it. I like aronofskys work

It aired on one of the FOX movie channels we have over in the Bahamas.

Saw The Meg.

Actually not bad. Better than Deep Blue Sea.

Thinking about catching The Meg this weekend.

The idea of a shark the size of a Megalodon once roaming the ocean waters is fascinating and terrifying to me.

Yo Woody Harrelson is a great actor.
Yeah he’s a good one. He made some suspect movie choices in the 90s/early 00s but it seems like he got with a great agent after that & got some great roles. He’s even been great in mediocre movies like Triple 9.

Even in War For The Planet Of Apes, that scene where he tells Caeser how he killed his own son to stop the virus.

Edit - it was a crap 90s movie but why do I find it so satisfying when Bruce Willis shoots jack black dead in the Jackel? :evil::lol:

Last edited:
Requiem for a Dream?

The Wrestler?

I think he only has like 6 or 7 feature films he's directed though. Also has been producing which also takes him time.

3 great movies ain't bad.

Last edited:
Require for a Dream?

The Wrestler?

I think he only has like 6 or 7 feature films he's directed though. Also has been producing which also takes him time.

I thought black swan was great also. Got bae the Oscar

watched some of american animals. lost interest about 20 minutes in. i'll probably get back to it in a few days or a week.

watched upgrade. i think it could have been much better with a bigger budget. most of the acting and car chase scene were both not very good. lead actor was pretty good. still kind of enjoyable. 5.7/8.

Require for a Dream?

The Wrestler?

He did the Fighter and Pi too. Never saw Pi, but it's pretty well reviewed.

Also, his most recent :pimp:

The fighter with Bale and Mark? If so that's another that I consider great. Everything else you guys mentioning, not.

More gear to specific and limited audience I suppose.

I been meaning to ask if any of you guys like Foreign movies?

I watched "The Invisible Guest" and thought it was dope.

If you guys dont mind reading and/or know spanish, I highly recommend the movie.
I love foreign films. Korean films are what I spend most of my foreign-film-watching time on, since I love suspenseful and mysterious stories. Most recent watch was the Wailing and that film really ****ed my mind at the end. If you enjoy mystery/horror films, check it out.

He didn't direct The Fighter or White Boy Rick. That's Aaronfonsky on his producer grind.

I got Pi but didn't like it much.

Oh okay. This looks good.

It's like driving Mr. Benson in the deep South. I dig.

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching A Quiet Place.

Definitely in my top 10 movies for this year. They nailed the suspense in this movie. I felt like I was there with them.

Back
Top Bottom