Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can’t remember the last Viggo movie I watched. Eastern Promises? What else has he done since then? He’s got some hits under his belt for sure

Viggo proly chillin’ on the LoR royalties... He’s a great actor. Loved loved loved Eastern Promises.

I don’t care what it is... Viggo & Majershala?!?! I’m in....

viggo!
744549DF-E533-4F74-BDF4-CF98940FDF13.gif

The Loft 5.7/8

I liked this. Intereting and made me laugh. Wasnt as engaged to the murder mystery but it was good of a bit predictable but that final twist wasn't at all.

Miller, Madsen, Stonestreet, Urban, and the other guy I dont know did their thing as best with the script.

These were some pretty cold Basterds

The Whole Truth 6/8

Love me a trial lawyer case drama. Had a good murder mystery to it. Liked how it all unraveled. Did not see that ending coming. I thought the mom did it and the son's "reveal" was a wild twist.

What made you just realize this now? :lol:
Not a realization. Just restating a fact.

Dude is a bit too underrated and kinda slips under the radar.

I'm watching the Glass Castle today and son put on an acting clinic. Granted the role just seem made for him (crazy cuz its based off a real person) and he ran away with it even though the movie wasnt that great.

Brie Larson was the only other bright spot but damn Woody just had me mid movie like he's going in.

Slenderman 3/8
Might as well call this movie struggleman. This movie was bad. The villain wasn’t scary and the way he killed characters was cheesy. People were laughing at how corny this movie was lol.

Yo Woody Harrelson is a great actor.

I can’t think of a more underrated actor. Honestly. He’s one of the greatest of all time in my opinion. Whoever you think is the greatest, you could name 10 roles played by Woody that the other actor couldn’t play.

I love the portrayal of Saladin in Kingdom of Heaven & how the templers for the savages they were. Love this flick. Saladin is actually one of my historical heros... Lazy Sunday & watching the rest of this on cable before the Barcelona game. Wife wasn’t up to seeing Spike’s new movie so we’re going to see it sometime during the week after dinner...

Last edited:
Bruhhhhh.......

Slow West 7.2/8

Never heard of it before it popped up in my recommendations. Fassbender kills it obviously. Joint starts out a little slow for about the first 30 minutes, then starts getting lit and doesn’t turn back.

KP_267277_crop_1200x720.jpg

Part had me :rofl: :rofl: and :wow: at the same time :lol:

Simp of the century though for real. Fassbender kept it 100 from beginning to end too. Kid still wouldn’t listen.
You lies to me ... :frown:

I waited for it to get going, and it just kept the same pace.

I be agreeing with most of the time, but this time, I was left dissapointed.

Acting and stuff was good though ....

Bro low-key "Waiting..." is a classic for me.
Just watched it again for the first time in a long time and i was laughing all morning.

Binged Deep State today

7/8 Soooo good ghat Mark Strong doing his thing.

A well crafted spy thriller.
Was meaning to start this when it first aired but missed it. Almost done ep 1. Starting very slowly... Very Brit feel to it... Big fan of Mark Strong & as much as he’s been in, it’s not enough. Wish they’d do a follow-up to RockNRolla like it was promised.

Beatriz at Dinner 5.5/8

That fakeout :lol: Movie was ok.

Was meaning to start this when it first aired but missed it. Almost done ep 1. Starting very slowly... Very Brit feel to it... Big fan of Mark Strong & as much as he’s been in, it’s not enough. Wish they’d do a follow-up to RockNRolla like it was promised.
Yeah slow start but it hooked me at the end. From then on it progressed nicely and had a good pace.

Been meaning to catch Berlin Station next. I'm 2 seasons behind on that :lol:

Last edited:
James Bond Producers Are Reportedly Leaning Toward Idris Elba as the Next 007
Dreams maybe do come true.

idris-elba-james-bond-daniel-craig-1533821774.jpg

Getty Images, Shutterstock
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22685301/james-bond-producers-idris-elba/

There are a lot of actors who could play 007 once Daniel Craig retires from the role he despises: Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender (even though he's Irish), Tom Hiddleston (of Hiddleswift fame), David Oyelowo (who actually voices the character in the audiobooks). Hell, even controversially-mustached human man Henry Cavill thinks he has what it takes.

But there's only one actor who should be the next James Bond, and that's Idris Elba.

There's been some back and forth on the subject of Elba as Bond. It began back in 2014, when emails released during the massive Sony hack revealed that then-studio co-chair Amy Pascal told a colleague, "Idris should be the next Bond." And for the last few years, Elba has very strictly maintained that he is NOT going to play James Bond. In fact, he thinks the next Bond should be a woman (might we suggest Thandie Newton or Naomie Harris?).

Now, new reports indicate that James Bond producers are starting to lean toward the idea of Elba taking the role. As the Independent reports:

Director Antoine Fuqua revealed the details of a conversation with Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, in which she said "it is time" for a non-white actor to take on the iconic role. Fuqua discussed who might be next in the running with Broccoli, who's certain the progressive move "will happen eventually", with Idris Elba a reported frontrunner for the role.
It's not much, but it's a good sign that Bond producers are at least leaning in the right direction. (Esquire has reached out to the producers for comment and will post an update if we hear back.) What's interesting though, is that when it comes to the topic of Bond, Elba's response is often that no one is really considering him for the role. This certainly changes things.

Nothing but respect for my James Bond.

14 yr old son said Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L Jackson were his favorite actors.... introducing him to Pulp Fiction.

calibeebee calibeebee I know you like scifi weird movies, or am I wrong?

I don't know what the hell did I just watch, but thought you might share some information if you watch it. Not really complex, but weird as ****.

A movie for the few that pride themselves in quirky masterful minds.

How to talk to girls at parties, that's the movies name.

i know i'm way late to the game (not intended) because you guys talked about tag in here before, but man...i really, really enjoyed the ending. everything in the hospital including the music. plus when they showed the actual old dudes, i choked up a bit. movie was ok but the payout was great.

Back
Top Bottom