Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Idris Elba Confirms He Won’t Be the Next James Bond Hours After Danny Boyle Steps Down As Director
The Luther star has long been considered a frontrunner to become the new 007
JAMES-BOND-IDRIS-ELBA-807605.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...le-daniel-craig-replacement-who-a8502391.html

Idris Elba has denied rumours he will be replacing Daniel Craig as James Bond.

The actor has long been considered a frontrunner to replace the 007 star when he steps down from the franchise, however, he has put an end to the rumours.

Elba was asked by Good Morning Britain reporter Divya Kohli at the premiere of his directorial debut Yardie whether she was looking at the next 007 to which he simply replied: “No”.

The actor, whose credits include hit TV shows The Wireand Luther, recently fueled speculation following reports that producer Barbara Broccoli said the "door is open" for a black Bond in a future film. Elba later tweeted out a photo of himself captioned “My name’s Elba, Idris Elba”.

Filmmaker Danny Boyle – who was set to direct the first Bond film since Sam Mendes’Spectre – has stepped down from the project citing “creative differences” with MGM. It is unknown who’ll replace him.

Danny Boyle quits as James Bond director
Other actors in the running to succeed Craig in the role include Aidan Turner, James Norton and Jamie Bell.

Yardie is in cinemas on 31 August. Luther is expected to return to the BBC later this year.

Saw Mile 22 last night. 3.5/8
Decent action scenes but weak story overall. The camera work was weak and nauseating with them switching scene to scene constantly. Also Ronda Rousey is a terrible actress but most of you probably already knew that lol. Dude from The Raid was best thing about the movie.

I love movies/docs of all kinds, RomComs included. I love Nora Ephron’s When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, & You’ve Got Mail so seeing CRA was no big deal for me.

Doesn’t make me a better person or anything like that. Just a fan of movies.

Speaking of which, although not a RomCom, I gotta watch Love Jones again. Haven’t seent that in a while now...

word

its just a shame that most of them are formulaic dreck

good ones (clueless, whms, high fidelity, grosse point blank, what if, beginners, sarah marshall etc.) are appreciated

5.7/8 Been wanting to watch Tully with Charlize Theron for the longest time. I really liked Juno when it first came out so I wanted to catch Jason Reitman directing another Diablo Cody script.

Decent movie. It's amazing how frumpy Charlize can look in movies. They made her look so wide in this flick especially in a jogging scene. Sad that so many women suffer from post postpartum depression, even sadder is that it's severely under-treated or even recognized. One of my wife's friends went through it. It was really really sad.

I liked the plot twist alot. Nicely cast & nicely done movie. Good VOD rental.

Separately, the new movie argument among my inlaws is who would you rather be cast with in a movie if you were an actor, Brendna Gleeson or Ray Winstone. Our last argument was Equalizer vs John Wick...

It's a good argument, but I chose Gleeson bcs this is one of my favorite movies scenes ever... :lol:

Last edited:
Man, he's lucky to have Garner in his life. The problem is rehab will only work if he's really ready to be sober/clean... He obviously wasn't ready when Garner took him before.

which is the sicker movie hereditary or devils rejects?
Hereditary was more shocking than sick. Devil's Rejects was just uncomfortable in that hotel scene. On the DVD features Bill Moseley talks about how that scene was hard to do multiple takes and he could feel himself getting grossed out.

I dont think hereditary was a great movie. More like a above avg movie. It wasnt a horror or scary movie to me. And I felt I needed something more at the end.

Just finished s1 of Yellowstone. Real good.

Did not want it to end once it started getting even better the last 4 eps or so.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi
One thing I may have missed somehow in 2eps is what led Kaycee's wife to leave him like that. To me it appears she woke up in the hospital after that serious blow to the head and was like nah I'm goint to stay with my grandfather.

I was lost on that.

The rest of the family interactions were great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom