Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

New layout throwin me for a loop.

8C51CB8F-6964-4BE6-80DB-4C5B263BE8F3.gif

Gonna check out The King of Comedy tonight. Read an interesting article on Polygon and want to compare with Joker come Thursday night.

Am I trippin or is "Watched Threads" gone and I'm constantly having to jump to the latest page...

I don’t think it’s gone completely, but that feature doesn’t work very well anymore. I get notices about some threads, but not others. And even the ones I do get notices about, it’s not consistent.

Stranger Things Season 4 is a go and Netflix has given the Duffer Brothers a larger production deal.

As previously mentioned, The NYFF festival premiered "The Irishman" over the weekend and I was lucky enough to get a ticket. As well as a post screening discussion with Martin Scorsese.

2d20ee492e765aa1dcc1c35495ebea832d0fc45d.jpg

ec0b0f462bf96784e4923ac9438426a969af6e76.jpg

801f4d174875a7fac296e83bc02350b7ea0b98f6.jpg

Okay, now on the to the film. Personally, I think it's an epic masterpiece. In NT terms, it's an 8/8. If you loved Goodfellas, you're going to LOVE this film. It's cut from the same cloth. Deniro carries the film since everything is through his POV but Pesci, who has a significant amount of screen time, holds his own as well. Pacino is laugh out loud comedy in every scene he's in and I'm sure he'll be brought up around Award season for best supporting actor. He's integral to the story since a lot of the events evolve around Hoffa. The de-aging wasn't even a thought honestly and when watching the film, it's so flawless that you think the flashbacks are real. This might be Marty's most violent film, which shouldn't be a surprise since Deniro's character is a famed hit man and they do show a slew of his hits. For those worried about it's "long" runtime, those 3 hours and 15 minutes breezed by. I'm being vague on purpose because I want everyone to see this film as soon as it comes out IN the theater. It'll be criminal to watch this epic via your laptop on Netflix. It definitely deserves to be seen on the silver screen.

8/8

Side note: The discussion post screening with Marty was just him showing random film clips that he loved recently. Showed the dinner table scene from Hereditary and said that scene stayed with him for a while. Showed 3 clips from older films that has slipped my mind. He wanted to show more clips and talk about them but he had to go. I literally could sit and listen to Marty talk about movies for hours. His passion for the film is so inspiring and he even got me to start working on my screenplays again.

Crazy Rich Asians is a film I properly enjoy/ed, but it feels like a Garry Marshall movie in the Valentines Day or New Years Eve kind of way. It's too Pretty and Perfect and it's, shot too well almost.

I don't know, I wish it were more raw. Like super Rated R

As previously mentioned, The NYFF festival premiered "The Irishman" over the weekend and I was lucky enough to get a ticket. As well as a post screening discussion with Martin Scorsese.

2d20ee492e765aa1dcc1c35495ebea832d0fc45d.jpg

ec0b0f462bf96784e4923ac9438426a969af6e76.jpg

801f4d174875a7fac296e83bc02350b7ea0b98f6.jpg

Okay, now on the to the film. Personally, I think it's an epic masterpiece. In NT terms, it's an 8/8. If you loved Goodfellas, you're going to LOVE this film. It's cut from the same cloth. Deniro carries the film since everything is through his POV but Pesci, who has a significant amount of screen time, holds his own as well. Pacino is laugh out loud comedy in every scene he's in and I'm sure he'll be brought up around Award season for best supporting actor. He's integral to the story since a lot of the events evolve around Hoffa. The de-aging wasn't even a thought honestly and when watching the film, it's so flawless that you think the flashbacks are real. This might be Marty's most violent film, which shouldn't be a surprise since Deniro's character is a famed hit man and they do show a slew of his hits. For those worried about it's "long" runtime, those 3 hours and 15 minutes breezed by. I'm being vague on purpose because I want everyone to see this film as soon as it comes out IN the theater. It'll be criminal to watch this epic via your laptop on Netflix. It definitely deserves to be seen on the silver screen.

8/8

Side note: The discussion post screening with Marty was just him showing random film clips that he loved recently. Showed the dinner table scene from Hereditary and said that scene stayed with him for a while. Showed 3 clips from older films that has slipped my mind. He wanted to show more clips and talk about them but he had to go. I literally could sit and listen to Marty talk about movies for hours. His passion for the film is so inspiring and he even got me to start working on my screenplays again.

Cannot ******* wait. Every day I search if select theaters are listed yet.

Back
Top Bottom