Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

CP1708
Sports--Molly's Game
Drama--Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Comedy--Ted
Horror/Thriller--A Quiet Place
Crime--Sicario
Sci-Fi--Star Wars: Rogue One
Action--Drive
Western--The Magnificent 7
Comics--Joker
Utility--Spotlight

I wanted Inception, but am fine with Sicario.

Western is my only weakness, and I debated between Ted and Bridesmaids hard. I went with Seth.

I'm very happy with how my roster turned out.

To fully speak on Comic film's being weak or limited this decade.......

No.

Avengers wasn't even taken. The first time everyone was onscreen together, OFF the 12 rosters.
Wonder Woman wasn't chosen.
Days of Futures Past, not taken.
Ragnarok wasn't taken.
The first film to put Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on screen together was not selected.

These film's DIDN'T make the 13 films that joined our draft. (JRS added Deadpool for Action along with an Avengers sequel for his Comic)

This category was deep AF. Winter Soldier and Civil War went around round 9 or so.

Fishing with dynamite.

Oh we doing this? Aight.

Sports--Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs The Knicks
Drama--Straight Outta Compton
Comedy--Sorry to Bother You
Horror/Thriller--Hereditary
Crime--Nightcrawler
Sci-Fi--Get Out
Action--John Wick
Western--Wind River
Comics--Guardians of the Galaxy
Utility--Toy Story 3

I love every movie on this list, except John Wick...cuz everytime they add another, it's a marathon. I wanted the trilogy, not just one :lol:

I was ready to **** the game up though. Trade Wind River and Wick, move Guardians to (Space) Western, and kick my feet up with a prejudice.

It was tough not picking Lady Bird...maybe my favorite movie of the decade (she is SO my HS gf, ppl from HS hit me up after seeing it). But I committed myself to an animated and a doc, so...

Avengers wasn't even taken. The first time everyone was onscreen together, OFF the 12 rosters.
Ragnarok wasn't taken.

7CCC83D8-7C15-49FF-A43A-B504F9EA55B3.jpeg

The first film to put Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on screen together was not selected.

6D35C956-FDC2-42C8-80D2-B84E5AFCF2C0.jpeg

BvS was TRASH

CP1708
Sports--Molly's Game
Comedy--Ted
Crime--Sicario
Action--Drive
Comics--Joker
Utility--Spotlight

Western is my only weakness, and I debated between Ted and Bridesmaids hard. I went with Seth.

I didn't have the heart to tell you...

Bruh...you drafted 3 westerns BEFORE your Western :lol:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Sicario
Rogue One

Those are westerns imo.

Oh we doing this? Aight.

Crime--Nightcrawler
Sci-Fi--Get Out
Action--John Wick
Western--Wind River
Utility--Toy Story 3

I love every movie on this list, except John Wick...cuz everytime they add another, it's a marathon. I wanted the trilogy, not just one :lol:

I was ready to **** the game up though. Trade Wind River and Wick, move Guardians to (Space) Western, and kick my feet up with a prejudice.

It was tough not picking Lady Bird...maybe my favorite movie of the decade (she is SO my HS gf, ppl from HS hit me up after seeing it). But I committed myself to an animated and a doc, so...

s/o for the Lady Bird love. My favorite from 2017, don't know why I didnt find a spot for it on my list. Probably could have put it for my Comedy pick.

Yeah I wanted to say OUATIH is more of a Western than Molly's Game is a damn Sports movie :lol:

I was dying when C CP1708 said "AND Molly is a former olympics skier!" :rofl:

Rounders was Sports in 90's Draft. Point is Poker forever on Sports channels. The skiing part was a bonus. :lol:

I don't consider the others Westerns. I suppose Once Upon is close, he played a Western actor, yeah I could have stretched that but wasn't tryin to do that.

Oh we doing this? Aight.

Crime--Nightcrawler
Sci-Fi--Get Out
Action--John Wick
Western--Wind River
Utility--Toy Story 3

Definitely a top 3 list in my opinion.

The only thing I would change is Winning Time. I thought the best 30 for 30 documentary was The Two Escobars. But you're a Knicks fan so picking what you did makes sense.

s/o for the Lady Bird love. My favorite from 2017, don't know why I didnt find a spot for it on my list. Probably could have put it for my Comedy pick.

Also had Lady Bird on my list, but opted for Manchester by the Sea. Either one could be better than the other depending on my mood that day.

My other top rated films from this decade(7.5/8+) that didn't get drafted:

Blue Valentine
The Immigrant
The Tree of Life
Phantom Thread
Silence
Lost City of Z
Carol
You Were Never Really Here

International:
Shoplifters (Japanese)
Our Little Sister (Japanese)
Toni Erdmann (German)
Mommy ( French Canadian)
The Grandmaster (Hong Kong/China)

Last edited:
To fully speak on Comic film's being weak or limited this decade.......

No.

Ragnarok wasn't taken.

These film's DIDN'T make the 13 films that joined our draft. (JRS added Deadpool for Action along with an Avengers sequel for his Comic)

This category was deep AF. Winter Soldier and Civil War went around round 9 or so.

Fishing with dynamite.
I think a few ppl's strategies were the same, comics was so deep might as well save it for later rounds. I thought it was a mistake a few ppl took certain comic movies on the first two rounds cuz it was too early.

Until everybody stsrted snatching up Fab movies and then that went out the window.

CP1708
Sports--Molly's Game
Comedy--Ted
Crime--Sicario
Action--Drive
Comics--Joker
Utility--Spotlight

Ted and the Magnificent 7 threw me off. Had you picked Bridesmaid you would've been top 5.

Cant believe Sicario wasnt your first choice. I was so mad you took that and plus it was simply cuz mronegative mronegative wasnt around to make his pick :smh:

I didn't have the heart to tell you...

Bruh...you drafted 3 westerns BEFORE your Western :lol:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Sicario
Rogue One

Those are westerns imo.
I can see the angle/interpretation for the first two but Rogue One? Nah.

Ted and the Magnificent 7 threw me off. Had you picked Bridesmaid you would've been top 5.

Cant believe Sicario wasnt your first choice. I was so mad you took that and plus it was simply cuz mronegative mronegative wasnt around to make his pick :smh:

No I did take Sicario first round, after MrO already picked. It was his 2nd round pick he got Wick, after I took Drive.

No I did take Sicario first round, after MrO already picked. It was his 2nd round pick he got Wick, after I took Drive.
I see now.

I confused that with macbk macbk stealing Inception from you in the 1st round after making everybody wait 4 days. Then you chose Sicario :lol:

Its macbk macbk that created the domino effect.

I don’t think there’s a bad pick/Magnificent 7 on my board...
Its no M7 but you lost me with Hunger Games.

Also I'm not fond of American Hustle. Especially given the high caliber of films being chosen.

Last edited:
Come now let us all bask in perfection. A true tour de force.

Greatness, sleepers, creative, depth, etc. An example of exquisite selection and display of flawless adaption in a chaotic cutthroat draft:

Master Zik Master Zik
Sports--Creed 2
Drama--Beasts of no Nation
Comedy--The Wolf of Wall Street
Horror/Thriller--Argo
Crime--Good Time
Sci-Fi--Ex-Machina
Action--The Raid 2
Western--Hateful 8
Comics--Avengers: Infinity War
Utility--If Beale Street Could Talk

OUATIH isn't technically a Western

BUT since half the movie is about making an episode of a TV western and another quarter of it takes place on a ranch, i say why the hell not

I mean we got Fences and Silver Linings Playbook as sports movie

Back
Top Bottom