Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You wont find Sports under Mollys Game either. And you can for damn sure see more Western-based elements in Hollywood than Poker games in Mollys Game :lol:

Screenshot_20191023-211136.png

What channel can I find Poker on?

Or Olympic skiing?

If we just stretch Armstrong stretching for genres then I can say when Cliff Booth hit Bruce Lee in to that car he committed felony vandalism.

Now Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is a crime movie.

My biggest surprise that didn't make it would probably Gravity and Arrival

big j 33 big j 33 big j 33 big j 33
Sports--Creed
Drama--Before Midnight
Comedy--Bridesmaids
Horror/Thriller--Gone Girl
Crime--OJ: Made in America
Sci-Fi--War for the Planet of the Apes
Action--Mission Impossible 5
Western--Django Unchained
Comics--Captain America: Winter Soldier
Utility--Fast Five

Django was my clear overall not only because it lead a weak genre but it checks so many boxes for me.

OJ was my backup sports choice if the few I felt strongly about were gone. Warrior was a sleeper that I was hoping but for Creed was a top choice for me.

Gone Girl was another pick I could have pivoted if I wanted to snatch up a better horror pick like Hereditary. Very happy with that one, a masterpiece of suspension and intrigue.

Pure drama and story with tremendous acting in Before Midnight, I love that franchise and the emotion they create and demonstrate made it a deep sleeper that I was happy to nab.

War for Planet of apes wraps up a great trilogy, emotion, CGI, acting

Fallout might be the best action movie ever. Bottom line. So damn good.

Fast Five is a personal favorite and is perfect for utility. Action, drama, comedy, it's got it all.

Bridesmaids was a choice I was surprised to be there but I figured a lot of dark comedies or off beat comedies would be nabbed. I was debating between that and Chef.

Winter Soldier was another one I was thrilled to get and a deep category it was still a top choice.

I went for deeper categories in later rounds and pivoted a a bit when Warrior got taken. Gone Girl is the only choice that I'm not in love with despite liking it a lot as a movie. My other top picks were nabbed but it's such a good movie and for a couple categories..

Very happy with my team, every pick was one I had as a top choice for myself.

My biggest surprise that didn't make it would probably Gravity and Arrival

big j 33 big j 33 big j 33 big j 33
Sports--Creed
Drama--Before Midnight
Comedy--Bridesmaids
Horror/Thriller--Gone Girl
Crime--OJ: Made in America
Sci-Fi--War for the Planet of the Apes
Action--Mission Impossible 5
Western--Django Unchained
Comics--Captain America: Winter Soldier
Utility--Fast Five

Django was my clear overall not only because it lead a weak genre but it checks so many boxes for me.

OJ was my backup sports choice if the few I felt strongly about were gone. Warrior was a sleeper that I was hoping but for Creed was a top choice for me.

Gone Girl was another pick I could have pivoted if I wanted to snatch up a better horror pick like Hereditary. Very happy with that one, a masterpiece of suspension and intrigue.

Pure drama and story with tremendous acting in Before Midnight, I love that franchise and the emotion they create and demonstrate made it a deep sleeper that I was happy to nab.

War for Planet of apes wraps up a great trilogy, emotion, CGI, acting

Fallout might be the best action movie ever. Bottom line. So damn good.

Fast Five is a personal favorite and is perfect for utility. Action, drama, comedy, it's got it all.

Bridesmaids was a choice I was surprised to be there but I figured a lot of dark comedies or off beat comedies would be nabbed. I was debating between that and Chef.

Winter Soldier was another one I was thrilled to get and a deep category it was still a top choice.

I went for deeper categories in later rounds and pivoted a a bit when Warrior got taken. Gone Girl is the only choice that I'm not in love with despite liking it a lot as a movie. My other top picks were nabbed but it's such a good movie and for a couple categories..

Very happy with my team, every pick was one I had as a top choice for myself.

I was debating between Interstellar and Arrival for my sci-fi pick. Little did I know, I could have waited till the last pick to get Arrival :smh:

Would have definitely been able to snag Fallout the round before you then. I was about to take it.

Lost me @ Fast Five big j 33 big j 33 :smh: :lol: :stoneface:

Inwas considering The Accountant for crime but Good Time was jist better and more of a steal. If we could double up on genres I would've nabbed it

12 Sci-Fi's better than The Force Awakens? No.
Easily:

Split
Rogue One
The Lobster
Ex-Machina
Edge of Tomorrow
Inception
Arrival
Snowpiercer
Annihilation
Brightburn
Oblivion
Mad Max: Fury Road
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness (that would be a nice battle of rehashed by JJ)
Star Trek: Beyond

Then there's two GotG movies and Thor: Ragnarok

Anyway bask in greatness once again. Its like drafting the 96 Bulls
Sports--Creed 2
Drama--Beasts of no Nation
Comedy--The Wolf of Wall Street
Horror/Thriller--Argo
Crime--Good Time
Sci-Fi--Ex-Machina
Action--The Raid 2
Western--Hateful 8
Comics--Avengers: Infinity War
Utility--If Beale Street Could Talk

Last edited:
I see now.

I confused that with macbk macbk stealing Inception from you in the 1st round after making everybody wait 4 days. Then you chose Sicario :lol:

Its macbk macbk that created the domino effect.

giphy.gif

jville819 jville819 appreciate the praise! I really think I had a strong draft.

I might have 'reached' on The Place Beyond the Pines, but I'm not mad. I ******* love that movie. It's in my Top 10 for sure. Whiplash in my Utility spot :pimp: .

Oh we doin this? :lol:

Troy Maxson (Denzel Washington) makes his living as a sanitation worker in 1950s Pittsburgh. Maxson once dreamed of becoming a professional baseball player, but was deemed too old when the major leagues began admitting black athletes. Bitter over his missed opportunity, Troy creates further tension in his family when he squashes his son's (Jovan Adepo) chance to meet a college football recruiter.

Back
Top Bottom