Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bad Boys For Life 4.95/8 - Enjoyed the first 2 acts but that ending kind of went off the rails for me. Glad to see this two back together. Martin stole the show.

The Oscars situation definitely seems to have precipitated a bit of a Joker backlash...read an article that was an interview with 3 women-of-color directors/screenwriters about the underrepresentation of minorities in the Oscar nominations and they all said Joker is not deserving of all the noms it got.

So I'm not invited?

My Pain and Gain selection still got yall mad?

tenor-35.gif

Last edited:
Just Mercy was such a well done movie. great actors telling a powerful and painful story.
older lady next to me was balling her eyes out the whole movie
theater wanted to strangle some guy who phone kept going off. this was in a small theater and after the fifth time someone confronted him :lol:

1917 is :pimp:

The pilot stabbing him scene lasted so long, and was so powerful, I just wanted it to end.

This movie... just edge of your seat stuff from start to finish, the trench warfare like an ant colony, then past that—just one hellscape to another.

I LOVED the acting performance from the actor that survived, the main character, he was terrific throughout. This will be great for his career, what a performance./SPOILER]

Watching Jojo Rabbit. I’m seeing the academy went full white supremacist by nominating this movie. Movie is trash and offensive so far.

A lot of my white friends get a kick out of making fun of Jewish people. I’m not seeing how Jojo rabbit is funny or Good. I can imagine all the MAGAs were at the theatres laughing in this racist movie.

A lot of my white friends get a kick out of making fun of Jewish people. I’m not seeing how Jojo rabbit is funny or Good. I can imagine all the MAGAs were at the theatres laughing in this racist movie.
You sure you saw the right movie?

JoJo was some harmless child coming of age/growing pains movie that had a childish outlook on the war since the Nazis actually did indoctrinate and brainwash the youth to irrationally hate Jewish ppl.

If you're actually offended gotta say you're too sensitive

Last edited:
You sure you saw the right movie?

JoJo was some harmless child coming of age/growing pains movie that had a childish outlook on the war since the Nazis actually did indoctrinate and brainwash the youth to irrationally hate Jewish ppl.

If you're actually offended gotta say you're too sensitive
Finished it. Not offended, but the movie was trash. Took way too long for something meaningful to happen.

1917 is :pimp:

The pilot stabbing him scene lasted so long, and was so powerful, I just wanted it to end.

This movie... just edge of your seat stuff from start to finish, the trench warfare like an ant colony, then past that—just one hellscape to another.

I LOVED the acting performance from the actor that survived, the main character, he was terrific throughout. This will be great for his career, what a performance./SPOILER]
I was bored. I guess it was cool that it seemed like everything it was shot in one shot, but the actual story was boring and I didn’t feel any connection with the character. Ish was mad predictable and i didn’t cared about the main character when it got towards the end. Movie is overrated in my opinion.

^^^ Fictionalized, even comedic portrayals of horrible people from history has been going on forever in film and TV. But I don’t really remember the kind of “you-just-can’t-do-that” reactions I’ve seen about JoJo Rabbit with prior works. I’ve generally been resistant to the idea that people are getting offended more easily as time goes on, but maybe there is something to that idea...

Back
Top Bottom