Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I couldn't tell what they were going for before but I see now Natalie Dormer is putting on an acting clinic in Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.

Her character is everywhere scheming and plotting like Lucifer. In the ear of the Nazis, in the ear of the mayor, in the ear of chicanos, probably also in the air of the starting a race war.

Nathan Lane is more than solid in this as a Jewish pulp noir detective.

:lol: Still though, common ppl just knowing swing dancing routines is crazy to me.

doing a Seinfeld rewatch and in "The Masseuse" episode, Elaine wants the guy she is dating who has the same name as a serial killer to change his name. she flips through a football mag and suggests OJ :lol: had to check the year of the episode and it was just before the OJ incident

doing a Seinfeld rewatch and in "The Masseuse" episode, Elaine wants the guy she is dating who has the same name as a serial killer to change his name. she flips through a football mag and suggests OJ :lol: had to check the year of the episode and it was just before the OJ incident
Comedy gold that show was.

Comedy gold that show was.
giphy.gif

Am I overreacting when I say Star Trek revamp is 10x better then Star Wars?

The first new Star Trek was EPIC!

Underrated if you ask me.

9.2/10

The space jump :wow:

The second was just as good.

Have yet to watch the third but even if its TLJ bad the trilogy still would be better then SWs.

Just watched ‘The Goods’ with Jeremy Piven. I’m not gonna lie. I had no idea this existed until last night. :lol:

What an absolute waste of a stellar cast. It definitely got some laughs out of me, though.

2.5/8

Last edited:
Am I overreacting when I say Star Trek revamp is 10x better then Star Wars?

The first new Star Trek was EPIC!

Underrated if you ask me.

9.2/10

The space jump :wow:

The second was just as good.

Have yet to watch the third but even if its TLJ bad the trilogy still would be better then SWs.
A million times better than this sequel trilogy.

Some of the best things about Star Trek are represented in Discovery. The innovating, character choices, the story, etc.

They managed to seamlessly integrate a whole new set of adventures right before the OG in continuity and do so much new **** that can still be explained away for not changing the timeline.

I wouldn't even bother saying how much better Picard is than anything recent from Star Wars.

Star Trek (2009) was basically a Star Wars film.
Well I do remember thinking, JJ doesn't get Star Trek, and in tye end all he did was rehash old storylines.

Thing is, at that time there wasn't a Star Wars film that looked as good as that alt timeline Star Trek movie. Then he goes on to actually do Star Wars and they're worse story wise than that Star Trek movie.

Watched Friday Night Lights (2004) for the first time. Really solid sports flick. Wasn't prepared for the feels. Need to read the book now.

I've heard the show is also pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom