Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I saw this in the theater when I was real young but for some reason I remember nothing about it.
Gibson (Maverick) is a poker player trying to get to a riverboat poker tournament. He needs $25,000 cash to enter. So on his journey he plays poker and runs into a bunch of different characters. He has all sorts of little scams and tricks up his sleeve to try & raise money for his entrance fee. Seems like everyone in the old west has a con and a scheme of some sorts and is trying to outsmart each other :lol: Movie gets me everytime.

"I'm getting too old for this s***"😂

Last edited:
Gibson (Maverick) is a poker player trying to get to a riverboat poker tournament. He needs $25,000 cash to enter. So on his journey he plays poker and runs into a bunch of different characters. He has all sorts of little scams and tricks up his sleeve to try & raise money for his entrance fee. Seems like everyone in the old west has a con and a scheme of some sorts and is trying to outsmart each other :lol: Movie gets me everytime.

I'd be interested in checking in out again, will see if it's streaming somewhere. I like scam artist movies.

The only thing I can vaguely recall is Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster getting it in.

The Before movies are incredible.

The car scene towards the end in Before Sunset is one of my all-time favorite scenes in a movie. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in that scene are incredible. It hits so hard, man.

Thought I saw these mentioned past couple of pages. Two I really liked growing up in the 90's. Was surprised to see Double Jeoprady was only 27% on RT. It was good for what it was. Popcorn thriller.

20200804_180127.jpg

Maverick is DOOOOOOPE.

and JUST like that, you redeem yourself!!
Maverick sure is dope. RIP James Garner. Only 2 movies I remember him from, was maverick and space cowboys. But I’ll always remember him. He had that unmistakable star quality. Like a Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, etc.

I can’t remember who all was talking about it, but I’m in agreement that the classic western genre is the one I know LEAST about. Seen maybe 1 John Wayne movie. Only 1 Eastwood movie older than the 90’s (Good Bad Ugly.) Add in maybe the magnificent seven and that pretty much is my extent of classic westerns. Gonna have to do some research. There’s so many.

Last edited:
and JUST like that, you redeem yourself!!
Maverick sure is dope. RIP James Garner. Only 2 movies I remember him from, was maverick and space cowboys. But I’ll always remember him. He had that unmistakable star quality. Like a Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, etc.

I can’t remember who all was talking about it, but I’m in agreement that the classic western genre is the one I know LEAST about. Seen maybe 1 John Wayne movie. Only 1 Eastwood movie older than the 90’s (Good Bad Ugly.) Add in maybe the magnificent seven and that pretty much is my extent of classic westerns. Gonna have to do some research. There’s so many.

Might have been me... it's the biggest hole in my film knowledge... but I do remember liking Maverick a lot as a kid :lol:

my g.m. use to work in the publicist department at paramount & she didn't say anything bad about susan sarandon b/c she's not that type of person, but she clearly didn't like her :lol:

anyway, this is a very good movie.
1596602750318.png

i ain't watching that **** or any of the other live actions. put more effort into making new movies. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is the goat disney song, I'm not trying to see it redone & especially not in some damn live action remake.

No Mushu either :stoneface:

$30 gets your the 4k disc with digital code so you own it forever. They can miss me with that.

No Mushu either :stoneface:

$30 gets your the 4k disc with digital code so you own it forever. They can miss me with that.
For what? Instead of removing the deuteragonist, why not just make whole new story? JustBlaze. JustBlaze. please don't ever spread the word about this bull**** again.

Shang ain't in it either. Shang sang "I'll Make a Man Out of You". That's the best Disney song... Who remakes a movie just to remove 2 of the 3 most important characters from the og film. It doesn't make sense.

"Ratched" - Netflix series (Sept. 18th)

Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over The ****oo's Nest" is back. One Flew is top 10 70's movies for me. Took home every Oscar in 76. Saw it in a film class in high school. That film class introduced me to One Flew, 12 Angry men, and Do The Right Thing. Easiest h.s credit ever 😁 Sarah Paulson is playing Nurse Ratched. The series is looking American Horror Storyish, but I hope it's a lot better. American Horror Story has good premises, but always fall too short for me. I look forward to this.

Tumblr_kw542eF7mN1qz80pso1_r1_500.jpg

Batman (1966)

7/8

Inspired to re-watch as an adult by a pic in this thread. I came up in the era where Batman basically ruled pop culture as far as super heroes are concerned, and this has pretty much everything you would want in a TV-show adaptation x10: Bat-Gadgets, Robin quips, and plenty of other campiness. They slipped in some "adult themes" as well, which is hilarious considering when this movie came out :lol:

Only issue is no BOOM! POW! WAP! until the final fight.

"Ratched" - Netflix series (Sept. 18th)

Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over The ****oo's Nest" is back. One Flew is top 10 70's movies for me. Took home every Oscar in 76. Saw it in a film class in high school. That film class introduced me to One Flew, 12 Angry men, and Do The Right Thing. Easiest h.s credit ever 😁 Sarah Paulson is playing Nurse Ratched. The series is looking American Horror Storyish, but I hope it's a lot better. American Horror Story has good premises, but always fall too short for me. I look forward to this.

Tumblr_kw542eF7mN1qz80pso1_r1_500.jpg

I have hope. Not as much as before watching the trailer. Looks like the AHS people are trying to put a AHS twist on the story when they dont need to. Getting a lot of Kubrick/Shining/Clockwork vibes, which could work, but it'll be interesting to see how they play out this story over multiple seasons.

I have hope. Not as much as before watching the trailer. Looks like the AHS people are trying to put a AHS twist on the story when they dont need to. Getting a lot of Kubrick/Shining/Clockwork vibes, which could work, but it'll be interesting to see how they play out this story over multiple seasons.
I agree. Really hope it's not like AHS. Kinna lookin like it tho. Every season I try AHS and everytime I can't get passed 1 or 2 episodes. Too cheesy.

Back
Top Bottom