Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Season 1 of True Detective is definitely in GOAT category for me. I’ve got

Sopranos
G.O.T. (Final season aside, I gotta keep it in)
Breaking Bad
TD SSN 1
The Wire

that’s my top 5 in no order.
4 of those 5 are my top 5, with the only exclusion I have being the one I haven't seen (True Detective). Why just S:1, though? The show is over, right? So as a whole, did it fall off significantly from S:1? Also, are Billy Hoyle and 'Alright, alright, alright' in every season?

4 of those 5 are my top 5, with the only exclusion I have being the one I haven't seen (True Detective). Why just S:1, though? The show is over, right? So as a whole, did it fall off significantly from S:1? Also, are Billy Hoyle and 'Alright, alright, alright' in every season?
Different cast and story every season. Season 2 was trash. Season 3 was good with Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff. Season 1 was best of all.

Different cast and story every season. Season 2 was trash. Season 3 was good with Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff. Season 1 was best of all.

Season 2 > Season 3.

Season 3 was a HUGE let down.

I watched season 2 before I watched season 1 of TD and I think that helped my viewing tremendously.

Season 2 > Season 3.

Season 3 was a HUGE let down.

I watched season 2 before I watched season 1 of TD and I think that helped my viewing tremendously.
giphy (3).gif

I honestly didn't even watch S2. S3 was aight. Nothing special. Good performances, but the story was a letdown.

S1 is legendary.

I actually never watched the other seasons. Once I found out that Woody and Alright Alright Alright weren’t gonna be in the other seasons, I wasn’t interested. I can’t even explain how amazing that combo is.

every episode is nonstop :wow: :wow: :wow: edge of seat exhilaration plus the psychology and philosophy of it all is :wow: :wow:

Not to mention, mistress game is on point
68F278A6-1499-45F9-8159-EF473C219236.gif

8B2F72AF-D0AF-4E3E-8656-D7A733117870.gif

72551285-75BC-4745-B7B1-EBC49FEAB9FE.gif
Matter fact, I’m starting a rewatch. Idgaf

I actually never watched the other seasons. Once I found out that Woody and Alright Alright Alright weren’t gonna be in the other seasons, I wasn’t interested. I can’t even explain how amazing that combo is.

every episode is nonstop :wow: :wow: :wow: edge of seat exhilaration plus the psychology and philosophy of it all is :wow: :wow:

Not to mention, mistress game is on point
68F278A6-1499-45F9-8159-EF473C219236.gif

8B2F72AF-D0AF-4E3E-8656-D7A733117870.gif

72551285-75BC-4745-B7B1-EBC49FEAB9FE.gif
Matter fact, I’m starting a rewatch. Idgaf
Watchmen is now the single season HBO GOAT to me (band of brothers up there too)

I thought the first 5 episodes of TD1 were pretty great and then it drops in quality a bit after that and ends with a whimper. I tend to think Nic Pizzacitlyto is a hack. Especially after season 2 and 3. He won’t be missed.

So apparently the director of this movie got some heat on social media for whitewashing Shia’s role. His response is that the character actually is a white guy who grew up in the barrio and adopted that culture.

In case anyone was wondering...

danger style danger style I thought TD1 ended with a bang. Saw the world differently when the credits rolled.

also, shame on me for not mentioning Band. Thats very tough for me to leave out. With Watchmen, I didn’t want my recency bias to affect my ranking. It COULD get in, but it needs to be at least 2 years from retirement to be eligible for my HOF.

Motherless Brooklyn 6.1/8

Interesting. LA Confidential vibes. Got lost with some of the intricate details though. A little bit to unpack. Gonna have to read up. Visual style was dope.

9 to 5 (1980)

6.5/8

Sensitivity training in theatrical form. The only part I didn't like was the dream sequence in the middle, which was kind of loopy imo. Also a reminder of how much we owe women for many of the workplace privileges we enjoy today.

Oh yeah, and this featured another original song that found it's way into popular culture.

Alienist? Worth peeping?
If you're in to really dark period piece murder mysteries with solid acting then yeah it's worth a watch.

S1 was pretty good given all the moving parts. S2 is cool, about to wrap up since they've been airing 2 episodes weekly.

Starting E:4 of Leftovers.

Very complex, but I'm'a need for some of these crucial questions to be answered.

Love the characters, love the idea.

Back
Top Bottom