Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man, HUSTLERS finally ended up on my TV at a time I have nothing going on.
This film isn’t bad.
Story seemed canned at first, but early on its showing a little promise.
Story seems decently new.
JLo ain’t about to show them tittays though.....
WU might

Tax Collector looks like a cross between Training Day and Harsh Times. Reviews aren't good right now but for some reason I just want to see for myself lol.

Just got done watching The Tax Collector. What an awful, stupid, unnecessary movie. Got me hyped to see Shia in this kind of role and he's barely in it. And the scenes he are in he does nothing. What a complete waste. That trailer hoodwinked all of us.

You know how I knew this was gonna happen?

In the trailer credits Shia was listed 3rd and they added the "AND" before his name.

The further back they are in the credits the less screen time they have.

Hmm never noticed that before. Well definitely going to be checking on that more.

But yeah save yourselves the time and disappointment and stay away from this one.

Just got done watching The Tax Collector. What an awful, stupid, unnecessary movie. Got me hyped to see Shia in this kind of role and he's barely in it. And the scenes he are in he does nothing. What a complete waste. That trailer hoodwinked all of us.
Confused.gif

You still watched a movie with Shia and thought it was going to be good. I saw the premise and would need tons of alcohol to convince me he is controlling the streets like that.

Dude has had a LONG string of terrible movies, I mean the only difference between him and Nick Cage is his movies mainly go straight to DVD off the bat.

Confused.gif

You still watched a movie with Shia and thought it was going to be good. I saw the premise and would need tons of alcohol to convince me he is controlling the streets like that.

Dude has had a LONG string of terrible movies, I mean the only difference between him and Nick Cage is his movies mainly go straight to DVD off the bat.

He's been actually doing some pretty good films as of late

Cage got so much garbage out the it's a landfill. But he still has movies that I enjoyed either when I was young or a bit older. But everything after early 2000's is pretty trashy. Here's my like list.

Leaving Las Vegas
Raising Arizona
Matchstick Men
Adaptation
Bringing Out The Dead
Lord Of War
World Trade Center
It Coupd Happen To You
Nationap Treasure
The Rock
Con Air
Face Off
Gone In 60 Seconds

P.S. I never saw Moonstruck. Has anyone here seen it? Would it be worth a watch even now after all these years?

Cage got so much garbage out the it's a landfill. But he still has movies that I enjoyed either when I was young or a bit older. But everything after early 2000's is pretty trashy. Here's my like list.

Leaving Las Vegas
Raising Arizona
Matchstick Men
Adaptation
Bringing Out The Dead
Lord Of War
World Trade Center
It Coupd Happen To You
Nationap Treasure
The Rock
Con Air
Face Off
Gone In 60 Seconds

P.S. I never saw Moonstruck. Has anyone here seen it? Would it be worth a watch even now after all these years?

City of Angels
The Family Man
Lord of War

all good Cage movies as well.

but then the 2010’s happened......

Nic Cage starred in 29 straight to DVD films in the 2010’s

- City of Angels is dope AF
- Con Air is dope, but I love Malkovich
- Family Man is dope AF
- It Could Happen to You is decent

/list

Worth noting: never seen Gone in 60 Seconds.

As far as getting listed in credits I usually notice its based on who is the lead and who is the supporting actor. If not its based on who is the most famous.

Also if it got a bunch of stars, whoever gets the last billing is usually one of the older more famous actors.

Confused.gif

You bugging.

CageGod makes his movies above average just by appearing in them.

Not counting Tax Collector, Shia has been on a string of good movies as of late.

Last edited:
NTMT, pls

Ok.

*breath*

Here's the thing... if I end up seeing movies you guys are vouching for like Lord of War and Gone in 60 Seconds... look, man... I already listed 4 Cage movies I really like... and there are a ton of REALLY POPULAR Cage movies I've passed on BECAUSE IT'S EFFING HIM. Leaving Las Vegas, Face Off, Matchstick Men, I've heard good things, but I can't stand him!

Y'all not hearing me.

I have friends from back in the day that I haven't talked to in years that would CALL THE FBI TO INITIATE A NATIONAL SEARCH FOR MY WHEREABOUTS IF I TELL THEM THAT I LIKE LEO AND CAGE. I've already completely changed my take on Leo. Used to couldn't stand him; now he's on my 'If he's in it, that's all I need to know. I'm in' list. I already have 4 Cage movies I really like. If I add more, if this becomes ANOTHER part of my identity that changes...

... alright, another thing to add to this: these friends that knew me from my days of wanting to punch Leo in the face and hating on Cage, I was also really religious back then. Like big time. Assistant pastor, youth leadership team, started seminary and bible college, the whole 9.

So that factors in when I say that if we fast forward to NOW and I love Leo, hate religion, staunch atheist... AND I have a healthy respect for... don't make me even say it... NICOL... I can't even type it.

As long as I only discuss it in here, if that happens, we should be good. No nationwide FBI search, no 'unsolved mysteries' on 'The Disappearance of DarthSka: Was it Aliens?'

I cannot STAND him, but there are those 4 I like. You guys have been on a REALLY good roll with your suggestions I've taken up lately. If that continues with these Cage movies... if 5 years from now I'm like "Actually, Cage was really underrated"...

*sigh*

I'm'a end up peeping Lord of War and 60 Seconds as soon as I get caught up on the HBO things I added the other day. I BETTER HATE THEM.

NTMT, pls

Ok.

*breath*

Here's the thing... if I end up seeing movies you guys are vouching for like Lord of War and Gone in 60 Seconds... look, man... I already listed 4 Cage movies I really like... and there are a ton of REALLY POPULAR Cage movies I've passed on BECAUSE IT'S EFFING HIM. Leaving Las Vegas, Face Off, Matchstick Men, I've heard good things, but I can't stand him!

Y'all not hearing me.

I have friends from back in the day that I haven't talked to in years that would CALL THE FBI TO INITIATE A NATIONAL SEARCH FOR MY WHEREABOUTS IF I TELL THEM THAT I LIKE LEO AND CAGE. I've already completely changed my take on Leo. Used to couldn't stand him; now he's on my 'If he's in it, that's all I need to know. I'm in' list. I already have 4 Cage movies I really like. If I add more, if this becomes ANOTHER part of my identity that changes...

... alright, another thing to add to this: these friends that knew me from my days of wanting to punch Leo in the face and hating on Cage, I was also really religious back then. Like big time. Assistant pastor, youth leadership team, started seminary and bible college, the whole 9.

So that factors in when I say that if we fast forward to NOW and I love Leo, hate religion, staunch atheist... AND I have a healthy respect for... don't make me even say it... NICOL... I can't even type it.

As long as I only discuss it in here, if that happens, we should be good. No nationwide FBI search, no 'unsolved mysteries' on 'The Disappearance of DarthSka: Was it Aliens?'

I cannot STAND him, but there are those 4 I like. You guys have been on a REALLY good roll with your suggestions I've taken up lately. If that continues with these Cage movies... if 5 years from now I'm like "Actually, Cage was really underrated"...

*sigh*

I'm'a end up peeping Lord of War and 60 Seconds as soon as I get caught up on the HBO things I added the other day. I BETTER HATE THEM.
We all know you watch your movies with a cup of tea 😁. To be honest, I wouldn't really recommend Gone in 60 for you. It's ok when you're young, but it's like a fast and furious type. Lord Of War is pretty good tho. Based on a real guy named Viktor Bout.

Back
Top Bottom