Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Win It All (2017)

6.5/8

As mentioned earlier, I am always down for a good gambling movie. Good story with solid performances by the cast. Although I am beginning to notice that Netflix originals all kind of seem the same :lol:

Mississippi Grind (2016) 6.4/8
(currently on Showtime)

2 gamblers try to scrape up money at every poker table as they travel south on a journey towards a big poker game.

I enjoyed this movie. Movies about gambling are always entertaining for me especially if there's a character who's a degenerate gambler like in Uncut Gems. Dude from "The Outsider" did a great job in this film. There were moments where I felt like I was the one putting everything on the line. It's a solid movie and worth the watch.

Ben Mendelsohn plays the PERFECT scumbag. :lol:

Check out S1 of Bloodline if you get a chance. He's great in it. Can't vouch for the other seasons though, as I still haven't gotten around to them.

That movie sucks. But DDL was awesome.
tenor.gif

The Tax Collector 3/8 - Had my interest for 45 minutes and then it just tanks. All that marketing for Shia's character Creeper that ultimately goes nowhere.

American Pickle 5/8 - I have to give it a decent rating because its not a poorly done movie but I didn't like it. I didn't laugh and the pickled premise is ridiculous.

The Big Ugly 3.5/8 - Vinnie Jones always gets me to watch his low budget movies. Poor Man's Scott Eastwood was wack.

The Tax Collector 3/8 - Had my interest for 45 minutes and then it just tanks. All that marketing for Shia's character Creeper that ultimately goes nowhere.

American Pickle 5/8 - I have to give it a decent rating because its not a poorly done movie but I didn't like it. I didn't laugh and the pickled premise is ridiculous.

The Big Ugly 3.5/8 - Vinnie Jones always gets me to watch his low budget movies. Poor Man's Scott Eastwood was wack.

Vinnie Jones was my ex's mom's ex, she said he is exactly as advertised :lol:

I promise, if I say I'm'a watch it, I'm'a watch it. 😂 And I promise that if a person's campaign for a movie left me just as disinterested as I was before their campaign and shock that I haven't seen it, I'm'a tell them that it doesn't sound remotely enjoyable to me so I'm still out. 🤷‍♂️

And I promise I have a list. 😂😂😂 Things I've said I've added on HBO in here:

Screenshot_20200810-094519_AT&T TV.jpg

An American Pickle 5.5/8

Not really a comedy. Had its funny moments. It's more of a light humorous sci-fi pre.ise to kick off a story that's about family, legacy, the American dream, and making your dreams come true all through a Seth Rogan lens and filter.

Mississippi Grind 6/8

This was good. Liked the way these gambling losers were depicted and how this lifestyle was handled realistically and grounded.

Obvious Child 4.6/8

Thought this would be better. I remember when it came out it was some good word of mouth. Came in this having no idea what it was about.

I liked her extra personal standup sets though :lol:

The End of Tour 5.7/8

Was a good conversation about some serious personal and mental issues that didn't get too dark but the kickoff and surrounding premise of the story is depressing. Eisenberg and Segel were real good.

Gonna give Lean on Pete a go tonight. Saw this dude Charlie Plummer in King Jack (2015)(Netflix) and heard this was also really good.

Looks like an adult take on Free Willy :lol:

Gonna give Lean on Pete a go tonight. Saw this dude Charlie Plummer in King Jack (2015)(Netflix) and heard this was also really good.

Looks like an adult take on Free Willy :lol:

I'm halfway through it. It's pretty good. I like the story. Steve Buscemi's acting is effortless. Kid can act too. Adult Free Willy 😂

Back
Top Bottom