Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tenet was good from the beginning to the middle. Everything past the protagonist meeting Priya in Oslo seemed rushed and ruined how great the movie could've been.

JDW could have done better with his acting IMO. Pattinson killed his role, then again he's more of a veteran actor.

Just finished 1917. I thought it was a good movie. Visuals were well executed. Score was on point.

Some moments made me cringe like when they helped the German pilot after he crashed only to have him stab them. The sniper in the bridge crossing was dumb af. Could've waited till he had a clear line of sight and popped the guy. Also the protagonist tryna be a good guy like my guy you are at war you are supposed to kill the Germans. Didn't learn when his buddy got killed. Him not killing the German after he choked the other guy allowed the guy to scream out Englander to alert the other Germans to start shooting at him.

Last edited:
Just finished 1917. I thought it was a good movie. Visuals were well executed. Score was on point.

Some moments made me cringe like when they helped the German pilot after he crashed only to have him stab them. The sniper in the bridge crossing was dumb af. Could've waited till he had a clear line of sight and popped the guy. Also the protagonist tryna be a good guy like my guy you are at war you are supposed to kill the Germans. Didn't learn when his buddy got killed. Him not killing the German after he choked the other guy allowed the guy to scream out Englander to alert the other Germans to start shooting at him.
You're one of those guys when you watch movies :lol:
I'm 100% the same way😁🤷‍♂️
200.gif

C CP1708

I know you’re BIG on clone wars series, but what is your ranking looking like after 2 seasons of Mando?
I’ve got

1: OG trilogy (New hope, ESB, RoTJ)
2: The Mandalorian
3: Knights of the Old Republic

I’ve never seen clone wars or read any graphic novels. But yeah I’ve seen all the films like Solo, Rogue One, prequels, sequels, etc.

Outside of my top 3 and MAYBE Rogue, everything else is about as enjoyable as Space Balls to me.

C CP1708

I know you’re BIG on clone wars series, but what is your ranking looking like after 2 seasons of Mando?
I’ve got

1: OG trilogy (New hope, ESB, RoTJ)
2: The Mandalorian
3: Knights of the Old Republic

I’ve never seen clone wars or read any graphic novels. But yeah I’ve seen all the films like Solo, Rogue One, prequels, sequels, etc.

Outside of my top 3 and MAYBE Rogue, everything else is about as enjoyable as Space Balls to me.

Empire
The EU (books and such)
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Mandalorian
Revenge of the Sith
The Clone Wars
The Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
Rebels
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Solo
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Somethin like this would be my current rankings.
I don't care how many movies/shows release, the EU was 20+ years of elite content. True growth of multiple characters/storylines that are far better than any other stories so far.

All that were mentioned for sure. Just rematched Die Hard last night. I think other than Christmas Vacation I've seen all my favorites this year so far.

Actually saw Its a Wonderful Life for the first time ever this year.

What do people think of Almost Famous? Watched for the first time expecting greatness but was a little underwhelmed. I don't know if it's simply because I'm way too late.

What do people think of Almost Famous? Watched for the first time expecting greatness but was a little underwhelmed. I don't know if it's simply because I'm way too late.

I really liked it the first time I saw it. Still think it’s a good movie, but I haven’t gotten all the way through it the last couple of times I’ve tried to re-watch it. I can see not everyone loving it.

I really like it but that era of music and stuff is something I've always been into and I'm a huge music nerd so a lot of what happens in it connects with me.

Back
Top Bottom