Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

"Nobody" :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:
John Wick vibes. Fight and action scenes were surprising. Surpassed what I imagined. Bus scene was flames. Saul Goodman delivered. Can't believe he's an action star now :lol: He plays his Character so convincingly. Comedy was on point and on time. Worth the watch.

I guess MK is up next :nerd:

The way Cole could have been better would be if he wasn’t in the movie at all. Last time MK needed was some audience surrogate when there’s so many characters to focus on already.

mans power was literal plot armor :smh:
:lol: I'm saying if they wanted a "new" character as their focus that the fans didn't know who he was they could really do their own thing continuity wise and make Cole (change name obviously) Kung Jin, Fujin (a god reincarnated), or something. Something that would surprise fans like oh he was that guy the entire time?

So I was at work earlier when you guys were talking about thinking that Raiden was Cole's father, that whole conversation. I knew there was something very early in the movie that didn't allow me to even think that, and it turns out it's literally the opening scene:

20210424_194014.jpg

- foe
It wasn't thinking Raiden was the father. It was thinking Hanzo/Scorpion was his father but he is Cole's ancestor. I just thought Raiden directly took his son and somehow time traveled to the present.

It wasn't thinking Raiden was the father. It was thinking Hanzo/Scorpion was his father but he is Cole's ancestor. I just thought Raiden directly took his son and somehow time traveled to the present.
I definitely mistyped Raiden. I knew you guys were talking about Scorpion, hence the opening screen capture. I knew there was something that prevented me from thinking that, and it was the 1617.

-foe

I definitely mistyped Raiden. I knew you guys were talking about Scorpion, hence the opening screen capture. I knew there was something that prevented me from seeing that, and it was the 1617.

-foe
:lol: I definitely missed that text with the year but I did figure it was in the past.

The MK movie was alright.

Not a fan of this Cole dude.

You have all these iconic characters and you introduce this random jobber as the focal point of the movie?

Liu Kang didn't (almost) die for this.

Damn Oscars crept up on me quicker than usual.

I aint even make an attempt to watch all the movies for the best actors, actresses, film, adapted and original screenplay, etc.

Coming 2 America 4.5/8

Wasn't as bad as ppl said but it sure wasn't a worthy sequel to the classic. Lots of good cameos.

One Night In Miami 5.3/8

This was cool. Strange though. Movie wasn't quite uplifting or had a clear message. Half the movie has this dreaded impending doom of Malcolm X's demise and other half is X calling out Sam Cooke for not using his music to inspire the ppl.

And it would have a good enough ending with Cooke's A Change Gon Come but I made the mistake of looking up Cooke and then I found out when and how he died :smh: Just made the entire movie way more depressing.

Best Picture

THE FATHER
David Parfitt, Jean-Louis Livi and Philippe Carcassonne, Producers

JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH
Shaka King, Charles D. King and Ryan Coogler, Producers

MANK
Ceán Chaffin, Eric Roth and Douglas Urbanski, Producers

MINARI
Christina Oh, Producer

NOMADLAND
Frances McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey and Chloé Zhao, Producers

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
Ben Browning, Ashley Fox, Emerald Fennell and Josey McNamara, Producers

SOUND OF METAL
Bert Hamelinck and Sacha Ben Harroche, Producers

THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
Marc Platt and Stuart Besser, Producers

Best Actor

RIZ AHMED
Sound of Metal

CHADWICK BOSEMAN
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

ANTHONY HOPKINS
The Father

GARY OLDMAN
Mank

STEVEN YEUN
Minari

Best Actress

VIOLA DAVIS
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

ANDRA DAY
The United States vs. Billie Holiday

VANESSA KIRBY
Pieces of a Woman

FRANCES MCDORMAND
Nomadland

CAREY MULLIGAN
Promising Young Woman

Best Supporting Actor

SACHA BARON COHEN
The Trial of the Chicago 7

DANIEL KALUUYA
Judas and the Black Messiah

LESLIE ODOM, JR.
One Night in Miami...

PAUL RACI
Sound of Metal

LAKEITH STANFIELD
Judas and the Black Messiah

Best Supporting Actress

MARIA BAKALOVA
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

GLENN CLOSE
Hillbilly Elegy

OLIVIA COLMAN
The Father

AMANDA SEYFRIED
Mank

YUH-JUNG YOUN
Minari

BP: sound of metal
BA: Oldman
BActress: Davis
Supporting actor: Lakeith
SActress: none deserve it in this category

side discussion: The House That Jack Built is easily one of the best films I’ve seen in the last 5 years. I connect with it on every level.

I have a huge fascination with serial killers. And not just their crimes, but understanding their thought processes. With the narrations, this gives more insight into the killers mindset and motives than any other film.

so many layers to this movie, I won’t even begin to break down all the different meanings. I’ll just say, I’m very familiar with the 9 circles of Dante’s inferno and the story of divine comedy. Without going into all that boring stuff, I’ll keep it simple. This movie SLAPS. Don’t know how it took me so long to see it.

KALUUYA or STANFIELD - could of went either way. Movie wouldn't of been the same without either or.

Well deserved but I would of loved to see Lakeith get it

Back
Top Bottom