Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

still think sound of metal was better than Nomadland. but whatevs. shoutout to Zhao winning best director. 2nd woman ever to do it. and shoutout to China for censoring the news coverage of her win across their social media.

I haven’t seen it and I don’t say this as a criticism, but Nomadland just seems like such an Oscars movie. :lol:

What did you guys think of these movies? I liked all 3. Let Him Go was a good ol classic revenge movie for me. News of the World took me on a good journey. And Synchronic was the type of trippy film I like. All a great watch.

News Of The World was good, wholesome, and, just, when you need a Hanks experience - a good one to fire up. 6/8.

I really thought there were great scenes in Nobody, but mostly found it hard to take seriously. And hated the jazz club music during the fight scenes. Bee Movie: YA LIKE JAZZ? No.

It took a while to get going, and the change in character just seemed too absurd. A lot to appreciate, but wasn’t an overall whole there to like. 3/8.

walkingBred walkingBred Plot Hole: Did he really have any reason to beat the living **** out of the people on the city bus?
You mean why he fought them initially? I think why he fought them initially was pretty clear. But as far as him going as far as he did, they kept coming at him for more so he kept going.

I think you might have taken the movie too seriously. It's just a fun action movie with some comedy. Some of it is meant to be a little absurd. But the "change" in character isn't really a change in character. That's who he really was the whole time. He was just suppressing it.

The difference between the character he was 'while' suppressing it, and the one he became, was too absurd to not take me out of the movie.

Where his family lost faith in him as a protector after the break-in, but even before that, his wife and he had gone cold on each other (we find out), and beyond that, he wasn't getting any respect whatsoever at the office, continually walked over (THIS IS YOUR MAN WHO TAKES ON THE RUSSIAN MOB)... so from that guy, we go to the guy he became/was all along?

How can I suspend reality that far?

I am fine not taking John Wick too seriously, because the difference between the guy he was and became was not that sharply delineated. It was believable enough, where it doesn't take you out of the absurdity and enjoyment. Wick still carried that quiet dominance everywhere he went even before he turned :lol:, like how he handled Alfie Allen at the gas station when their initial encounter took place.

And no, the character in Nobody didn't really need to fight the five of them for not paying to get on the bus or stepping on someone's book. I mean, stay on the bus to make sure nothing happens to the girl until her stop, sure.

The difference between the character he was 'while' suppressing it, and the one he became, was too absurd to not take me out of the movie.

Where his family lost faith in him as a protector after the break-in, but even before that, his wife and he had gone cold on each other (we find out), and beyond that, he wasn't getting any respect whatsoever at the office, continually walked over (THIS IS YOUR MAN WHO TAKES ON THE RUSSIAN MOB)... so from that guy, we go to the guy he became/was all along?

How can I suspend reality that far?

I am fine not taking John Wick too seriously, because the difference between the guy he was and became was not that sharply delineated. It was believable enough, where it doesn't take you out of the absurdity and enjoyment. Wick still carried that quiet dominance everywhere he went even before he turned :lol:, like how he handled Alfie Allen at the gas station when their initial encounter took place.

And no, the character in Nobody didn't really need to fight the five of them for not paying to get on the bus or stepping on someone's book. I mean, stay on the bus to make sure nothing happens to the girl until her stop, sure.
Yea, I didn't take it that seriously. Bus scene was fire for me tho. Screw those guys :lol:

The bus scene was essentially the killing the dog scene in Wick.

That was what "brought him back".

Then he went after the Russian Mob.

The dog scene wasn't something Wick could prevent, it happened 'to' him. So he came out of his assassin hibernation (what the dog meant re: his wife).

More understandable than: Because he couldn't get revenge on the young couple with the child, Odenkirk comes out of his shell even though those five dudes didn't take something from him personally (or anyone else for that matter yet).

B0779D5B-413C-4DA6-9C3A-945320DC6548.png

I liked Nobody for what it was but don't see it being this franchise type vehicle like say John Wick or even Taken. Wouldn't be surprised to see it get at least one sequel though and would of course watch it.

Yoooooooo basic tv has changed so much.

I'm watching the Resident and they are straight up showing doctors amputate a woman's leg off. Sawing away at her right under the knee :smh:

Now some other doctors are performing surgery in a room after being hit by a tornado where they perform brain surgery and they're showing how they pull the jagged metal obect out of his head.

Never would've seen this 20 years ago.

Last edited:
The dog scene wasn't something Wick could prevent, it happened 'to' him. So he came out of his assassin hibernation (what the dog meant re: his wife).

More understandable than: Because he couldn't get revenge on the young couple with the child, Odenkirk comes out of his shell even though those five dudes didn't take something from him personally (or anyone else for that matter yet).
I think he was just tired of being walked over knowing he could handle anyone that steps in his way and seeing that on the bus was the last straw.

Back
Top Bottom