Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Licorice Pizza is probably tied with Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 for my movie of the year.

Such a fun film and my favorite PTA feature since there will be blood.

39ebfd7dac5be353417c5e3b597dfe3371e8311c.jpg

GOATed soundtrack too

No Country for Old Men. All that time spent... and the climax never panned out at the end :smh:

Still a good movie though.

nah.. movie had a perfect ending.. anticlimactic IF you’re looking for a certain big showdown ending

tommie lee Jones acknowledged the game ain’t in him no mo.. we literally saw an unstoppable force and dude said “I’m good” and walked away from the table still alive unlike most

to go back to Logan.. Logan could have done the smart thing and taken the no country for old men route, which would have meant him taking the kids and leaving and no big end game fight.. or he takes the Nebraska route, and he steps up and leads as professor X had been begging him to do all film

"I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world." --Sheriff Bell :emoji_fire:

Yeah I never had a problem with No Country's ending but I have heard of people not liking it.

No Country for Old Men is literally flawless from beginning to end. What was your issue with the ending?
It would've been nice to see them meet. I get that he didn't want no parts of it but still, it wasn't what I was expecting and hoping for. Movie still fire as is tho.

Licorice Pizza is probably tied with Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 for my movie of the year.

Such a fun film and my favorite PTA feature since there will be blood.

39ebfd7dac5be353417c5e3b597dfe3371e8311c.jpg

GOATed soundtrack too

Ah a man of culture and taste. Those two movies are in my top 3 of the year as well. Still a couple I want to peep though.

Might try to knock out West Side Story and Red Rocket before the end of the year

Yea, I liked Stillwater too. Damon did a good job selling the accent and character. I thought he'd butcher it. Chemistry was on point too like you said. Story was solid. Only thing I didn't like was the ending... felt rushed. Also didn't know it was loosely based on Amanda Knox till after the movie.
I mean that's why you have different taste.

I didn't care much for the movie and 70% for me is way to high of a rating.

But if you enjoyed it and think the movie is a 70% so beat it.

For me is 💩 ...

I mean that's why you have different taste.

I didn't care much for the movie and 70% for me is way to high of a rating.

But if you enjoyed it and think the movie is a 70% so beat it.

For me is 💩 ...
Didn't even argue or mentioned you :lol:

Anyways, I'd prolly give it like a 72%. Not far from 70 tho.

Didn't even argue or mentioned you :lol:

Anyways, I'd prolly give it like a 72%. Not far from 70 tho.
But the comment was of a comment to my initial comment.

72% of Damon good acting and chemistry with the girl?

Yet you found that other anticlimactic because they didn't meet?

Well ... no problem my guy no one is arguing. Just saying different taste.

But you gave it a 💩 for no reason

What didn't you like about it?
I disagree with the acting, the role itself wasn't complex. Yes he nailed the accent, bravo, everything else was all over the place. The chemistry with the little girl was iight at best ... that's why when he left and she was crying it was whatever .. nothing moved me.

The film (plot) itself was loosely on true events, which they could have taken more liberties to make it stronger instead .. the dude was useless besides the kidnapping.

There where wholes left unfulfilled, I dont like the robinhood PI that was breaking the law but at the sametime trying to turn him in.

Who the daughter deemed it a **** up and the director reinforced that he was a **** up. The weak *** connection with the biological ungreatful daughter. The fact that he knew his daughter was the key factor for the murdered and he didn't an eye. The way he threw the only good thing he had going for him. The way he again ****** up a little girls life etc.

**** was weak, plot was weak nothing remotely interesting for the majority of the movie etc.

For me is not a 70% rated movie.

Last edited:
I disagree with the acting, the role itself wasn't complex.

It was though if you watched it as a metaphor for America/Americans, which I think was what Tom McCarthy's intent was. It's not a You may have taken it too literally, like it was supposed to be "Taken." The Knox saga was just a vehicle for his metaphors and deeper themes about Americans/tourists/politics/etc.

Dr Oglethorpe casting is absolutely perfection!
Don’t Look Up is pure greatness!
This is GIF and Meme City, can’t wait.

Jocelyn- “Listen, we got a sighting of an NEO from Subaru Telescope”

Dr Oglethorpe- “Why you didn’t just report it to the Minor Planet Center?”………”uhhhh, that’s a Big BOY!”
:rofl:

Last edited:
Wasn’t too thrilled by the look of DLU’s trailer. The only thing I cared about in the trailer was Ariana Grande.

Back
Top Bottom