Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was sick as a dog this weekend fell asleep on the couch. Woke up to some religious undertones, movie called Stone was coming on with Bobby D, Ed Norton and Milla Jovovich.

Parole officer Jack Mabry (Robert De Niro) is just days from retirement and busy wrapping up the last few cases, including that of Gerald "Stone" Creeson (Edward Norton), a thug who burned his grandparents' house to cover up their murders. Creeson is desperate to get out of prison and will do anything to secure his parole, including telling his girlfriend to seduce Mabry. Creeson's manipulations awaken the monster within Mabry, leading to unexpected consequences for them both.

Movie was a huge time waste, feel like nobody was invested in this movie. Bobby D seemed like he finished Meet The Fockers and was like I am just going to give any leftover energy to the role. Ed had a ***ty accent and cornrows, instantly annoyed me. It says days away from retirement, they obviously don't actual days. Movie had to take place over weeks if not a couple months. Also there are no unexpected consequences, things happen just as the movie lines them up.

I was there for a milkshake last year. The pharmacy is at Wilmette and is a Graeter's Ice Cream shop now. Didn't take a pic of the Ice Cream store but took a pic of my Milkshake and the Church Kevin went to.
IMG_20210425_164514.jpg

home-alone-church2.png

IMG_20210425_163208.jpg
That’s cool. The scene with Kevin and Marley speaking to each other in church is my favorite in the whole film.

Listen guys. Just hear me out. This might be sacrilegious, but I’ve only seen Class Act maybe once in my life when I was little. I just watched it, and I didn’t remember a single thing from the movie.

Anyways, I didn’t realize how many cameos were in this. Also, I recognized a MILLION lines from famous rap lyrics I never knew came from this movie. Always heard this was a cult classic, hood staple, whatever you wanna call it. It’s just never on tv and my parents never watched it so I missed out. 17% on RT though :smh:

^^^ Yeah, I don’t know why Class Act doesn’t have a higher profile. Maybe because it’s the one-off, non-House Party Kid-n-Play movie.

Always Enjoyed Class Act. Even A Bit More So Than House Party.

Felt Like It Was On TV Every Saturday Afternoon/Evening In The 90s/Early 00s.

Underrated World War I or II movies?
Pretty sure it won best picture, so I don’t know if you can call it underrated, but my personal favorite WWII movie is Patton. I don’t see it played or hear about it much these days.

George Patton was a pretty fascinating dude and George C. Scott nails the role. Karl Malden is great too.

Finally saw The French Dispatch. I love W.A., but I wasn't feeling this swing he took. I enjoyed his traits, but the story didn't do much for me.
Some lol moments and I liked the easter eggs to previous films of his.
I hope he collabs with a studio for a narrative based game in the future.
image-asset.gif

Back
Top Bottom