Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

NC-17? Last film rated NC-17 I ever saw was probably this:

1644693751826.jpeg

NC-17? Last film rated NC-17 I ever saw was probably this:

1644693751826.jpeg
The Dreamers, Blue is the Warmest Color are a couple more recent NC-17 movies I’ve seen.

Wikipedia has a list of all NC-17 movies, include films that were initially assigned NC-17 and then re-edited to get an R rating and it’s a good illustration of how much more accepting America is of depictions of violence compared to depictions of sex. :lol::rolleyes

American Pie initially got tagged NC-17. LOL.

The Dreamers, Blue is the Warmest Color are a couple more recent NC-17 movies I’ve seen.

Wikipedia has a list of all NC-17 movies, include films that were initially assigned NC-17 and then re-edited to get an R rating and it’s a good illustration of how much more accepting America is of depictions of violence compared to depictions of sex. :lol::rolleyes

American Pie initially got tagged NC-17. LOL.
I have seen the Wikipedia article you’ve mentioned, it’s an interesting read for sure.

I’ve actually read a lot of good film related information thanks to wikipedia. A lot of their articles are pretty thorough. (For example: Complete list of movies released during a specific year, when filming took place for a specific movie, critical reception etc.)

Look.......I'm not on board with red wings......but Ana De Armas, as Marilyn Monroe.......I get it.

It's Marilyn Monroe. Lookin like she did, in the 50's-60's. If Marilyn told you to eat, you ate.

Kimi 6/8

Solid movie. A lot of Soderbergh-isms throughout especially since he's been experimenting more as a director that you can pick up on. The style and tone definitely reminded me of his previous recent works like Unsane, High Flying Bird, The Laundromat, and Haywire.

Its funny cuz I gotta say I was not really interested in the first 40 min of the movie. Even when the plot kicked in. Character nor predicament drew me in. Can't even say I was entertained just following along curious to see where the plot goes.

Main character wasn't particularly likable but I did like how the plot drove this corporate conspiracy part well enough where you disliked the bad guys.

3rd act had me locked in though. Soderbergh just knows how to pay those things off. I can only imagine that one mention of what her father did was the only reason she was able to turn the tables like that.

Another thing the movie let me dwell on was not actors that I love and are my favorites and not even actors I can't stand and actively try not to see (cuz even then I make attempts to watch the movie to see if at least that's good) but I started thinking about actors I don't think about at all, don't like or dislike one way or the other and don't even factor in.

Zoe Kravitz is basically that. Never thought much of her as an actor. She's hot but if we're being honest I want to bang her mom more. She hasnt been or I haven't see a lot of her work and she's never left a big impression on me. Not a lot has changed after after this but she was cool as the main character overall. Think she has potential to be more of a chameleon and immerse herself in a wide range of characters or I could be wrong and she'll be typecast in to rather meek, shy, quiet character roles.

Last edited:
Watch The North Water, with Colin Farrell and Jack O’Donnell.

Prime has a video channel for it. It’s a 5-episode trip from your TV on board a whaling ship out on the Arctic. Farrell going full bore Penguin.

Back
Top Bottom