Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speaking of which, can you name what movie these coffee cups were featured in?
1665517489463.jpeg

Yeah it was a Hangover formula they brought it back to Vegas and it was just okay.

Amsterdam...

Great cast, strong performances, well shot (if you like Russell's style and I do), great sets and sound... And after about 35 minutes I almost yelled out loud "WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS MOVIE???"

His theme is very clear. He says it multiple times directly. But the actual nuts and bolts of the plot and story was roughhhhhhhh. Definitely needed a rewrite or for someone to tell him to stop smelling his own farts and saying it's roses. Wildly pretentious at times but honestly just too long and took too long to get going. Needed a better structure. Not worth a theater watch in my opinion, but if you like his other work it's worth a watch. I think he is a good director but this one was a big whiff
THIS
if it wasn't for the strong cast, i don't think i could have sat through this one. they did their best with their scenes, but the story was poorly written

So I watched Terminator 2 in 4K for the first time since I watched it with my ears covered for the cursing back in 91. Not only does the movie look Amazing in 4K but it holds up extremely well. Arnold was very HANDSOME and the acting all around was great. I just don’t know why but IMO they couldn’t recreate the magic from T2 in the follow up movies.

So I watched Terminator 2 in 4K for the first time since I watched it with my ears covered for the cursing back in 91. Not only does the movie look Amazing in 4K but it holds up extremely well. Arnold was very HANDSOME and the acting all around was great. I just don’t know why but IMO they couldn’t recreate the magic from T2 in the follow up movies.

Sooooooooo many things had to go just right for this movie to be so good. Every decision was a gamble that paid off. The liquid metal cgi decision, Arnold being “good”, music choices, Furlong casting decision, the list is endless.

All those decisions made the movie a one in a million success that’s impossible to replicate.

Anyone watch the new Hellraiser? I caught it and I thought starting there and then going to the original might help me appreciate both better.

I would give it a 4.5/8

Anyone watch the new Hellraiser? I caught it and I thought starting there and then going to the original might help me appreciate both better.

I would give it a 4.5/8

What did you think of the original? Haven’t seen the new one yet.

I haven’t seen the original yet just the new one but I’ll watch it this month.

Well that’s good, let us know on the second one because I don’t know if I should keep going after the new one and the OG.

Currently …

A2161663-8B08-41E5-A2F8-896B592C254B.png

Solely because my son works at a Spirit Halloween store and we wanted to see how bad the movie is. It’s pretty bad; maybe a little less than Disney Channel movie quality. But some comically bad moments, so that’s amusing.

Feel bad this is the kind of gig Rachel Leigh Cook is getting these days, but I would happily comfort her in-person if she’s also sad about it.
:wink:

A segment of this youtube channel compares the difference between the movie version and the original book version. And since it’s Halloween here’s their video on The Thing (1982)

Here’s the entire playlist of what’s the difference

I would give it a 4.5/8
I came in just now to ask this and decided to check the thread first.
I hope it’s better than a 4/8 but then again, it’s a Clive Barker remake.
People in the 80’s and 90’s acted love Clive Barker was really cooking. All his ****s were trash if we wanna skip nostalgia and keep it real.

Back
Top Bottom