Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently, America’s new side ***** Tubi

First time watching

3F99F691-40C9-4A00-AE6D-84EC0A8DAD8F.jpeg

Blonde was a ROUGH watch.

I hope to God a lot of that wasn't true.

Film itself was strange, kinda messy, but there were some truly incredible shots.

Ana was breathtaking and I hope she gets a lot of love for her portrayal.

5/8

Ana 15/8

It's based off a fictional biography

It's a shame it wasn't a proper biopic that showcased her highs as well as her lows. You could still hit the tragic points but show that she was a talented actor and funny and charming and complicated. Instead she was a victim for 3 hours. Insane.

I remember when the Theranos stuff was going down, she seems most like a scam artist who was eventually going to get caught than anything else. As smart as someone can be to fool that many people, if the endgame eventually is you get caught then how clever was her endeavor really.

I first saw Misery when I was way too young. Left a mark on me.

Had me thinking if I ever become slightly famous for anything there's a rabid fan out there ready to make me their prisoner and break my legs.

Great movie though.
I've worked construction for years. I still think of that scene whenever I see a 4x4 block :lol:

Has anyone seen this? I've been itching for a good horror movie.
MV5BZmIwNjJhOGYtNDcyNi00Yjc4LThiNTktMDM2ZjFhM2YxMTljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg
Saw this in theaters. I was diggin it.
The Night House (2021)

I really liked this one. Had me at the edge of my seat at times. Not even gonna lie, I got chills a few times as well. Not scary spooky chills but suspense chills. Some scenes build up to a point where you're trying to figure out what's going on and they give you a sliver of something. I'm blaming it on the theater & speakers tho lol. The buildup and suspense was strong. Had some Invisible Man vibes too. Only wish they stretched the ending more. Other than that it was a solid movie. Great thriller.

Y’all ever check out Bravo’s “100 Scariest Movie Moments?” A very fun watch.

They covered that scene in Misery.

I remember when the Theranos stuff was going down, she seems most like a scam artist who was eventually going to get caught than anything else. As smart as someone can be to fool that many people, if the endgame eventually is you get caught then how clever was her endeavor really.
This sums up Elizabeth Holmes in less than 2minutes.

*Edit I forgot to drop the clip…

Last edited:
Damn I definitely don't recall y'all going that hard on the horror movies last October.

Or really this many horror flicks dropping.

Larry Ellis put the battery in Holmes back.
Big Brass Balls she had.
That’s impressive, the whole thing.

it was game over as soon as she decided to change her voice. also set back women in tech. terrible stories you hear from silicon valley

Idk what yall saw in Smile. Movie was about what I expected and I didn't expect much.

4/8 for not necessarily letting me down.
Everything through the birthday party scene

really was amazing, peaking there. Her with the the girl that is a phd student that kicks it off. The moment she got in the room when she was in the corner and the camera pans.

Then after Rose dials for help and she looks where she was and then camera pans to her where she actually is smiling with the vase shard.

Rose afterward seeing her in the kitchen in the black silhouette making her drop the wine glass the first time, and then out the window down at the hospital, her first day back, with the girl that cut her neck and committed suicide JUST barely in sight, was just a lot :lol:

Peaking at the birthday party

Right when you see the cat the first time she gets home, you wonder are they corny-gonna have this cat smile at her 0]

But no. So to me, the most haunting scene was at the birthday party and I think that build up was just amazing. You don’t know what happened to the cat but as she’s wrapping the train thing you just assume she’s going to freak out at the party or soon. When the kid pulled that out, and the phd student who slit her throat was sitting there smiling in the chair all formal’d up, I got sent :lol:

“Can’t you see her?! You have to see her! She did it!”

Just the simple act of her sitting there in the daylight where only one person could see her, I was not expecting it and couldn’t handle it :lol:

I think the first 2/3s of the movie were phenomenal I can see why you might’ve had problems with the last 40 minutes and its CGI there which was piss pooooor

MVP MVP get here

Last edited:
Just finished "The Night House". It had a good concept and definitely was inventive in certain aspects. I just wished that they gave more background and touched on some of story further. But it was definitely enjoyable and Rebecca Hall killed her role. This is one movie that I would like a part 2.

5.8/8.

Everything through the birthday party scene

really was amazing, peaking there. Her with the the girl that is a phd student that kicks it off. The moment she got in the room when she was in the corner and the camera pans.

Then after Rose dials for help and she looks where she was and then camera pans to her where she actually is smiling with the vase shard.

Rose afterward seeing her in the kitchen in the black silhouette making her drop the wine glass the first time, and then out the window down at the hospital, her first day back, with the girl that cut her neck and committed suicide JUST barely in sight, was just a lot :lol:

Peaking at the birthday party

Right when you see the cat the first time she gets home, you wonder are they corny-gonna have this cat smile at her 0]

But no. So to me, the most haunting scene was at the birthday party and I think that build up was just amazing. You don’t know what happened to the cat but as she’s wrapping the train thing you just assume she’s going to freak out at the party or soon. When the kid pulled that out, and the phd student who slit her throat was sitting there smiling in the chair all formal’d up, I got sent :lol:

“Can’t you see her?! You have to see her! She did it!”

Just the simple act of her sitting there in the daylight where only one person could see her, I was not expecting it and couldn’t handle it :lol:

I think the first 2/3s of the movie were phenomenal I can see why you might’ve had problems with the last 40 minutes and its CGI there which was piss pooooor

MVP MVP get here
Yeah there were was some good stuff that the actors could work with here, and the birthday scene was great. I found too much of it predictable tho, but in some instances that didn't necessarily work against it. The atmosphere was great, and the camera work (other than the overuse of an upside down panoramic shot) was great. The main actress was like the only consistently good part of the movie to me and she carried the sense of dread and insanity well. But the whole time I couldn't help but question decisions of EVERYBODY in the movie. The script needed like 2 or 3 more checks, and yeah the last act was a big pile of ideas that didn't end up working imo.

Back
Top Bottom