Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Started Yesterday........Homeland.

The TV Show.
The First SEASON was EPIC televisiion...
I never finished, quit at like the 4th or 5th Season....boredom mainly.

I quit a bunch of shows in that 2year time frame, and they were all like 3-5 Seasons in, AMERICANS I did the same.
That show is Amazing to start though

Season one of Homeland was really good and had an all time season finale. I lost interest after season two and never finished the series.

IMG_3266.jpeg

I used to rank Anderson as one of my favorite directors... but I still haven't seen the French Dispatch and couldn't stay awake through Grand Budapest.. I am far less excited than I should be for a new Wes Anderson movie.

Yeah he’s mostly a miss for me, The French Dispatch frankly sucked. Isle of Dogs was a slog for me, an attempt at another Fantastic Mr. Fox and I generally hate when people go back to a well that worked as it never works the same.

I have to rewatch The Life Aquatic and Tennenbaums again to really lock in my opinion on him, I’m willing to let those change it. Bottle Rocket is simple and underrated but probably rooted in because I love the Wilson brothers.

I thought this was going to be a W but I’m underwhelmed by the reviews, critics and audience wise.

I’m a big WA guy. Seen all of his movies and like to love all of them. The French Dispatch was definitely one of his weaker offerings in my opinion, but had its merits. A lot of beautiful cinematography in that one, which I enjoyed. Not something I’m itching to rewatch though.

I’m a little surprised and I guess somewhat dismayed by the RT audience score for Asteroid City, but I still have high hopes for it personally.

I’ve seen all his movies up to Grand Budapest. Or Moonrise Kingdom, I forget which was more recent.

Been meaning to catch up but I feel like I gotta be in a certain mood for his movies. That being said, he hasn’t made anything I dislike yet.

I’ve seen all his movies up to Grand Budapest. Or Moonrise Kingdom, I forget which was more recent.

Been meaning to catch up but I feel like I gotta be in a certain mood for his movies. That being said, he hasn’t made anything I dislike yet.
Grand Budapest was after Moonrise Kingdom.

Then Isle of Dogs, followed by French Dispatch and the newest one.

This must be decent.
They remade it a little over a decade later.
Cult Classic film?
Tonight’s Viewing.
I want to watch something that takes zero effort.
IMG_2635.png

Been slowly watching Wes Anderson movies over the past year.

Bottle Rocket was meh
Royal Tenembaums was solid
Life Aquatic was meh
Darjeeling Unlimited was okay

I haven’t seen them in years but I remember liking Rushmore, Grand Budapest, & Moonrise Kingdom. Haven’t seen the others.

He’s definitely a vibes and aesthetic director though so I’m not watching for amazing acting or writing. Usually just want to see the setting and quirky characters he creates.

Back
Top Bottom