Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Knocked this out tonight
1690435515711.jpeg

I’ve maybe watched a dozen Denzel movies and this gotta be one of his most unlikable characters.

Seriously. Name another sub-20% critics score movie where people propped up.
There’s a bunch of those

Why don’t you look it up?

Getting pretty familiar with your game now :lol:

Whoever is bothering to make a list of those movies, don’t. He’s just gonna dismiss it anyway.

just got back from oppenheimer. unintentionally ended up at a regular 2D show instead of IMAX or 70mm (don't ask :smh: :lol: )

7/8

liked the movie a lot. i love nolan's style and this was classic nolan. historical/true stories with historical significance based movies are some of the ones i enjoy most. going into this all i knew was oppenheimer made a bomb. i had no idea about him, his life, all the political tension and politics surrounding the actual project and scientists, or the aftermath and impact on his life. clearly the movie is the story of him and not solely the bomb so i'm fully on board with how the actual bomb/explosion(s) were a very minor part of the film. i actually prefer it that way, especially again since i went in not really knowing what went down before and after dropping the bombs. music was great. the contrast in color scenes v b&w v dull (prob the wrong word choice) was interesting and effective. i know it wasn't a military movie per se but i loved how the music wasn't all this RAH RAH GO MERIKA but rather more darker or tense. i know that's appropriate given it's a story of him and how **** the govt is/can be

somewhat random, but the scenes where oppenheimer was being questioned or in stressful situations and the room around him shook and you get the intense noise/sounds....straight from batman begins is the first thing to came to mind. when he inhales the plant in the mountains while training with raz.

would def like to see it again after reading some recaps and some background history on his life and the project

What does this one trial have to do with all of the other things he has done that can no longer be tried in court?

This like saying cuz Cosby was let out of prison he ain’t rape nobody :lol:

I didn’t actually know what all he’s been accused of. I thought “found not guilty of all charges” meant ALL charges. Didn’t realize he had allegations that could no longer be brought up in court.

What other things has he done? He went to prison for rape?

Last edited:
If you didn’t realize, the point was someone who wasn’t the leading actor that became the most praised after.

Laura Linney sucks. I’m kinda glad someone cares so much what I think about sad actor Laura Linney.

What in the world :lol:

Had to get caught up on this thread, and I’m dying laughing at your take on this man :lol:

Seems to be a heated argument already, I’ll just add nothing of value:

Who the hell is calling Laura Linney overrated in the world, besides YOU :lol:

Not once in my life have I heard this, other than you bringing it up.

So I read that statement, and I see if I can agree. And if I don’t agree, then maybe I see if I can understand where you are coming from with that statement.

I can’t. You’re grasping at straws trying to prove your point that “Laura Linney is overrated, not saying she’s bad. But she sucks.”

The opposite happened for me actually. I dig deeper into her career and found that I’ve UNDER APPRECIATED how talented this actress really is.

Wait, is that what you were trying to do? Reverse psychology us all? Say bad things so we’ll all get riled up, disagree, then see for ourselves how much she’s flown under the radar her whole career? Masterclass jpzx jpzx
IMG_1850.gif

Knocked this out tonight
1690435515711.jpeg

I’ve maybe watched a dozen Denzel movies and this gotta be one of his most unlikable characters.
Hell na. Loved this version :lol:

When he was doing lines and said “I’m back” 😃
Or when He’s drunk and he tells them to call his plug and says “he has cocaine” :rofl:

I still haven’t been back to the THEATRE since before COVID.
It just hits different now. It kind of disgusts me, shame too because that’s my UNDS grounds or where I’d wear shoes I want to appear DS, carpeted ground makes for an easier clean.
I think OPPENHEIMER is dragging me out Saturddy.
I already bought a ticket duo, that way I’m committed.
Probably it just committed to wasting $40

Would we not say Ed Norton wasn’t the best in Primal Fear? It’s certainly not unheard of to be the best thing out of a supporting role.
he is really good even as a villain. The Italian Job and The Score for example. loved both movies btw.

Back
Top Bottom