Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMG_0187.jpeg

I said this in the DC thread but I have a feeling that people have movie fatigue from the pandemic which is being reflected in the box office struggles. Outside of Spiderman and Guardians, these movies are struggling but I will watch on 4K.

I figured that part, but I thought it was doing numbers before those 2.
The problem there is that it was released one week before those two movies came out and MI was sold as a movie that you really need to see on a premium format and it lost everything by its second weekend.

Again it was just a really bad release date.

They screwed up by not moving it to August.

The extra days didn't matter. Word of mouth didn't matter. Great reviews didn't matter. Just not enough days and not enough PLF screens.

A damn shame but even if you didn't think Barbieheimer was going to be THIS.. losing the screens was the biggest worry.

Megan, Fall, or Babylon? 👀

Megan? Iit's well chronicled my hesitation going into any horror.

Fall just looks like a 2 hour drama that accomplishes nothing.

Babylon just seems like a historical piece, and I generally struggle with enjoying those.

jpzx jpzx , do you know if the GOAT Laura Linney is in any of those?
(I am totally kidding, brw. That's not a knock on you or whatever. I actually appreciated your take in that conversation.)

Bronson ya weren’t even in it and still aren’t :lol:

I finished Cliffhanger, there are some gruesome deaths, like literally why it was rated R, the weird soccer guy, Leon fighting in the cave went full Hitmonlee :lol:, the girl in the cave doesn’t come over to help until Stallone pins the guy even though she’d been awake for a minute, Lithgow’s accent, Stallone in a T-shirt during a blizzard, Travers the rogue FBI agent just was absurdly overacting, there’s just so much more to comment on.

5/8

Want to watch A Time To Kill but don’t think I can make a 2hr 26min at 9:22 CT :lol:

Back
Top Bottom