Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bought the book for myself as a little Christmas present. Gonna break it open on an upcoming vacation.

I just finished it myself. This may be the only time (from what I have read/seen) that a 10/10 book was successfully adapted to a 10/10 movie.

Even though it's a pretty direct adaptation, there are certain brief moments in the book that are emphasized in the film to perfection (the one above, and others). The director had a hell of an eye to identify all of those scenes within the book, without missing.

I can't heap too much praise on the director after the hell he put the cast and crew through, though. But that's another story in itself :lol:

Tonight...of course

1703635133452.png

4/8 on Ferrari, I was disappointed I didn’t see any driving from Adam Driver.

To be more straight, he was great, Cruz and Woodley were good but there was something missing about their performances that I can’t exactly pinpoint.

There was one scene that made me and the stranger next to me that I wasn’t with gasp and you’ll know it when you see it. The person I was with took it in stride weirdly :lol:

4/8 on Ferrari, I was disappointed I didn’t see any driving from Adam Driver.

To be more straight, he was great, Cruz and Woodley were good but there was something missing about their performances that I can’t exactly pinpoint.

There was one scene that made me and the stranger next to me that I wasn’t with gasp and you’ll know it when you see it. The person I was with took it in stride weirdly :lol:
Think the 4/8 helped me decide to see Iron Claw tonight

Came out of Ferrari… I liked it. Late stage Mann is not for everyone (i.e Miami Vice 2006 to now) but I enjoy him taking subject matter that appeals to dads and gives them an arthouse-esque flair that you can’t get anywhere else. The racing scenes at night are so damn beautiful.

Penelope Cruz might just be my favorite performance this year, up there with Ruffalo in Poor Things and Cillian in Oppenheimer.

This movie legitimately has the most shocking and brutal car crash I have seen put on screen and whatever I say won’t do it justice.

“Two objects cannot occupy the same point in space.”

IMG_3853.jpeg

It’s worth seeing and by itself is good because of Adam Driver’s performance.

Cruz was great in the toy car and condition scenes, but I think Driver blew everyone away—it’s hard to think about anything else but him when you come away from the movie.

It’s worth seeing and by itself is good because of Adam Driver’s performance.

Cruz was great in the toy car and condition scenes, but I think Driver blew everyone away—it’s hard to think about anything else but him when you come away from the movie.
prolly has the best racing scenes i ever seen

i saw it standard and could still feel the engines roar across italy

I came away from Ferrari being widely impressed by Cruz's performance and I felt like I needed more out of driver. I also have been going into movies really blind recently, so I suppose I didn't expect this to be focused on what it was focused on. Honestly, I don't even think I saw a trailer for it. I kind of thought it'd be more about the rise of Ferrari rather than one point in there journey. I also didn't think it would be as focus on his relationships. I felt like the movie was a really understated performance and subtle in a lot of ways there were a couple of strong scenes from Driver but overall, I don't know if I loved his portrayal even if it was accurate

Maybe this was dumb on my part but I expected more driving and I think the movie really picked up when it was focused a little more of the action

I guess I needed more time with these characters to feel more invested in their struggle and it just feels like we're dropped into a moment in their lives, which I suppose was the point, but I didn't come away. Strongly moved I suppose. I thought this was a biopic telling his story rather than one moment I needed something in between Napoleon and this movie 68 out of 100. I would watch again on streaming but I'm not dying to see it again

Any of you watch Slow Horses and recommend it?

i watch it. on the second season. it’s not great honestly but it’s good enough for me to keep going with it. it’s funny cuz someone everyone seems like B grade except the actor who plays Sirius Black from
Harrr Potter. He’s top notch.

do any of yall listen to the Ringer's Midnight Boys podcast??? They rate their movies on a /12 scale! What the hell!

I'm ****ing pissed about this situation. Man did nothing wrong, from what I read only tested negative for weed for all the tests they gave him. Still harassed him publicly and privately, for months, incessantly, and he finally broke. And this happened. Over WEED.

**** Korean celebrity culture. The country needs to fix so much of itself. For as prideful as Koreans are, and I myself can be damn prideful, they need to look in the mirror and recognize the terrible **** they as a society do. This isn't the only case of suicide like this, which is why I'm ranting. Just the latest. ****.

Back
Top Bottom