Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

u4hmn5nfellc1.webp

this happened to me. I only got suspended and got a bad record although management did something wrong and violated the privacy clause when they sent word of mouth when I transferred to another site. thank goodness the manager of the site I transferred to was open-minded. got great feedback from co-workers in the new site and the manager wondered how I got into that kind of trouble from the previous site.

Adam Sandler should be doing primarily dramatic roles now. That is what he’s best at at this stage. He has had a huge Netflix double-digit film deal for a while which has included several genres (I have read some have hit with kids like Hubie Halloween, or that murder mystery bit with couples, etc.).

Spaceman won’t be for everybody (I hate spiders), the movie’s a slow burn.

But Sandler hits more at these than comedies now, and he has the disposition to continue that. He gave us the dramatic talent in spurts before, but moving forward that should be his focus.

Leslie Nielsen went from drama to comedy with Airplane, Naked Gun, etc. Liam Neeson is going from drama, to action, now to comedy with the new Naked Gun. Actors gotta transition for their longevity.

All right fellas, we're gonna make camp, rest up. Y'all might be in for a treat. You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone.

Dune 2:

Holy War at the beach.

Overall, I loved it. It is visually beautiful without question but it noticeably lacks great dialogue which hurts the film imo. The Matrix had Morpheus or the Marovingian to carry narration and great lines of the story, the most interesting pieces of this film were the stars' facial expressions over anything they said. (Maybe outside of Witch-speak which was awesome)

Zendaya was dominant, Chalamet was really good but my God, Austin Butler. He was ELECTRIC and he made John Wick look like he talks too much. Amazing screen presence.

Villanueve was incredible with his visuals but Tarantino has better dialogue in his end credits than this 3 hour film and that's with source material to go off of. Makes his statements this week even more revealing given he knew he was gonna hear about it this month.

That's all nitpicky tho, it really was gorgeous, and his sound was elite as usual, not quite Prisoners or Sicario level, but close enough.

7/8

Dune 2:

Holy War at the beach.

Overall, I loved it. It is visually beautiful without question but it noticeably lacks great dialogue which hurts the film imo. The Matrix had Morpheus or the Marovingian to carry narration and great lines of the story, the most interesting pieces of this film were the stars' facial expressions over anything they said. (Maybe outside of Witch-speak which was awesome)

Zendaya was dominant, Chalamet was really good but my God, Austin Butler. He was ELECTRIC and he made John Wick look like he talks too much. Amazing screen presence.

Villanueve was incredible with his visuals but Tarantino has better dialogue in his end credits than this 3 hour film and that's with source material to go off of. Makes his statements this week even more revealing given he knew he was gonna hear about it this month.

That's all nitpicky tho, it really was gorgeous, and his sound was elite as usual, not quite Prisoners or Sicario level, but close enough.

7/8
I just read the first four words of each paragraph, which is safe and helps thank YA

I tried to be vague/delicate as I could. But it's a fun watch. Just under 3 hours that felt like an hour. Total compliment.

Oscars post, almost a week out from the show:

I always have a goal of watching all the Oscar Best Picture noms but the only year I did ALL was 2015, 2018 and 2019 I think,

I really wish I had seen The Zone of Interest, because I might put that two behind Oppenheimer. Based on vague descriptions, I already know I’m going to love it.

Here are the odds, the only race seems for Best Lead Actress, and I haven’t seen the The Holdovers which is a shame because I had Peacock until the end of February :lol:

IMG_3364.jpeg
IMG_3366.jpeg
IMG_3367.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3370.jpeg
IMG_3371.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg

Yeah that's what happens when you make a jumbled mess where you got high on your own farts

Babylon needed someone there to ask him "what do you want to convey here" and then edit that down and focus. It was just too all over the place.

Haven’t seen it since I heard in the lead up, that it was a drug-addled thang, but in the aftermath of people saying they saw it:

“Babylon is the most polarizing film in recent history.”

First Man is a movie I’d watch first.

Damian Chazelle since La La Land in 2016 hasn’t hit the mainstream much.

babylon was weird, especially the dungeon party scenes. I love Margot though and she was great in it. That critical drinker guy on youtube sounded like an idiot and said Margot isn't a star and can't be the focus of a successful movie. he said that while acknowledging Barbie earned a billion dollars. To be honest, it is difficult for even popular stars to continuously have hits unless they already established a popular franchise. Someone can be a star and flourish in roles but not be a box office draw.

babylon was weird, especially the dungeon party scenes. I love Margot though and she was great in it. That critical drinker guy on youtube sounded like an idiot and said Margot isn't a star and can't be the focus of a successful movie. he said that while acknowledging Barbie earned a billion dollars. To be honest, it is difficult for even popular stars to continuously have hits unless they already established a popular franchise. Someone can be a star and flourish in roles but not be a box office draw.
She was easily the best part

I think Babylon from another director would have been good.

If Chazelle continues to be a good to great director and in 10-15 years he makes Babylon... I can see it. A sweeping epic telling a story of Hollywood from a veteran experienced director telling a gigantic story. I think he just missed the mark and needed a better editor or collaborator to be checking him.

Back
Top Bottom