Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

👀
Screenshot_20240328_182317_Facebook.jpg

👀
If they really wanted to sell it should’ve added this guy

1712007191614.gif

I WOULD’VE BEEN ALL IN

Because I didn’t grasp Dune [1984], I ended up reading the plot on wiki after watching the movie. Since Dune Part One is basically a remake of that movie. Since I basically watched them back-to-back, what I read was very much on top of mind. I also think movies in that 40 year span, book to film adaptations have gotten significantly better at explaining things to people that never read the book so there’s that too. Acting just not being terrible was also a great improvement and those were my two biggest complaints about the original film.

This movie isn’t perfect by any means (I disliked the overuse of the dream sequences and how they were shot) but I think it’s a solid sci-fi movie. Gonna have to scheme a way to watch Part Two in the next week or so
ADVERTISEMENT​
Fair enough. I did mention awhile back Dune 1 that it is an acquired taste. Thing about it is not just a sci-fi novel but expanded the genre which included, philosophy, religion, politics, mysticism, adventure. So it can be overwhelming. I myself didn't get into Dune not after a few discussions with some friends who became Dune book readers/followers. You will Really learn a lot from these fans. I might add that playing the games beforehand helped me identify who were involved or the general plot of what Dune was about. Compared to my friends, I'm not heavily invested only because I prefer the original works finished by Frank Herbert. While the follow-ups were still good, I just didn't like the direction it went maybe because of the idea that Frank might have done it differently with his final draft if he didn't pass away.

Told you guys before that I'm raising a cinephile. On the way home from school today, he asks me what some of my least favorite movies are. Said he knows what all my favorites are, but we never talk about the ones that missed for me.

- me: "Uuuummm... I wasn't expecting that but I mean good question. Off the top, Conspiracy Theory, Uncut Gems, Midsommar...
- him: *phone out, Googling*
- him: "Adam Sandler?! One of your least favorite?! Is he just not funny? Ooorr..."
- me: "Oh, Uncut Gems isn't a comedy. At aaallll. Sandler is a hustler and he just..."
- him: "Why is she crying?"
- me: "What?"
- him: "The thumbnail for Midsommar is some blonde chick crying."
- me: "Bruh..."
- me: *hears the trailer playing on his phone*
- me: "Yeah that was human intestines I saw on your phone real quick."
- him: 😳😳😳😳😳
- also him: "Would we have time to watch that tonight?"
- me: "WHAT?!"

I have no words for how much I hate all of you right now.
Whole thread.
I think I hate everyone, actually.
EVERYONE.

Ssssoooo, Midsommar it is.
This is fine.
Everything's fine.

Did you and your son watch Midsommar or not?

Did you and your son watch Midsommar or not?
He loved it.
The cliff scene, he started cracking up when the first chick jumps, and after they bash the face of the 2nd jumper, he goes "This is the best movie ever!!"

When bro tells Connie "Simon left on a train this morning" and then Connie goes "Wait, but why wouldn't he tell me?", he goes "Oh because Simon is very dead."

When the chick at the table has Mark follow her away, he goes "Welp, bye, Galley."

Movie's over. He goes "That was awwwweesome!!!"
I shed a tear and then questioned, well... everything.
*censored* this thread.

These have been around for years and I only just saw them for the first time with Dune. They should just put captions on the screen since dialogue is purposely hard to make out for anyone.

Late Night With the Devil
6/8

Very solid and fun wach. Doesn't overstay it's welcome and has a a couple fun curve balls it throws at you.

IMG_3869.jpeg

Too excited for this stupid *** movie about a faux civil war, that Jesse Plemons scene in the trailer sends me.

“We’re Americans.”

“Ok.What kind of Americans are you?”

Looks at little female “You don’t know?” (Scoffs)

Then the trailer shows him emptying the clip lmao

He loved it.
The cliff scene, he started cracking up when the first chick jumps, and after they bash the face of the 2nd jumper, he goes "This is the best movie ever!!"

When bro tells Connie "Simon left on a train this morning" and then Connie goes "Wait, but why wouldn't he tell me?", he goes "Oh because Simon is very dead."

When the chick at the table has Mark follow her away, he goes "Welp, bye, Galley."

Movie's over. He goes "That was awwwweesome!!!"
I shed a tear and then questioned, well... everything.
*censored* this thread.

Yeah thats about what I would expect from a high school boy watching an Ari Aster film :lol:

Everything Everywhere All At Once tonight.
- him: I need to redo my top 20, maybe even my top 10.
- me: 😳😳😳
-him: You didn't like it?! Or you just have no idea what was happening?

That was... a movie.
I...

So I just got home from the theaters

1712115912673.jpeg

Absolutely loved it and loved the visuals. Made me think of The Fall (which I absolutely adore). Haven’t felt the desire to want to buy another ticket immediately upon exiting the theater since Fury Road. Kinda want to read the books.

Everything Everywhere All At Once tonight.
- him: I need to redo my top 20, maybe even my top 10.
-him: You didn't like it?! Or you just have no idea what was happening?

That was... a movie.
I...

Can you please get me that Top 10/20? I'd love to see it.

Back
Top Bottom