Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Screenshot_20240520_075435_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240520_075625_IMDb.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my girl had me watching this and the good doctor. initially both were interesting but i got bored after the first couple seasons of both :lol:

The Good Doctor is galaxies better, and I say that as I'm on season 18 of Grey. 😂🙃
#sendhelp

i'd agree. good doctor way more tolerable. i got so ****ing sick of meredith and her daddy issues midway thru season 2 i had enough. told my girl she's on her own there...which coincided with the start of the NHL seasons so it was actually perfect, timing wise :lol:

So after watching The Hand That Rocks The Cradle the other day, it dawned on me.

The mid-late 80s is often seen as the end of the greatest of era of horror. Ironically, this coincides with the beginning of a stellar era for thriller films.

IMO, starting with Fatal Attraction until about the mid-90s, some of the most memorable movies ever were produced from that genre. Even if you go beyond the usual suspects (pun intended), people will remember how much fun those movies were.

So after watching The Hand That Rocks The Cradle the other day, it dawned on me.

The mid-late 80s is often seen as the end of the greatest of era of horror. Ironically, this coincides with the beginning of a stellar era for thriller films.

IMO, starting with Fatal Attraction until about the mid-90s, some of the most memorable movies ever were produced from that genre. Even if you go beyond the usual suspects (pun intended), people will remember how much fun those movies were.
movie that scared every man in america.

YES!!!
All of the continued storylines!!
Little Mrs. Sunshine 🔥
It's Still A Wonderful Life 🔥
Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe 🔥
Little Shop of More Horrors 🔥
Weirder Science 🔥
Brunch Club 🔥
Goonie2 🔥
Everything Everywhere Except Never 🔥
Howard the Duck 2 🔥
More Treasure in the Sierra Madre 🔥
In Double Time 🔥

Fall Guy was solid. buuut

the set up doesn't all the way land, I don't really buy the stakes of the relationship,
and the action scenes are good, but tbh they are little disappointing. its def below David Leitch usual standard.

Gosling is very good, good chemistry with blunt, but im not surprised it's not a hit.

It’s a damn shame we could only get ONE mad max movie with Charlize and Hardy in our lifetimes. They should have been churning these out like Pirates of the Caribbean movies man. Tom Hardy should have gotten a Captain Jack Sparrow type run at the character. 1 performance wasn’t enough

So.....randomly, I decided to watch Top Gun Maverick again.......man....... They absolutely CRUSHED this film. I don't know what I gave it in 2021 but I'm disappointed in myself if I didn't 8/8 it.

Brilliant work, every detail. Perfect blend of nostalgic angle + mix of new(er) version, ie dogfight football vs volleyball, singles + doubles jet versions, then the Cruise as Viper callbacks.
Scene with Ice was absolutely flawless and emotional both serious and with humor.

Hollywood needs to study this film and teach it in college curriculums.

It was also a great standalone action movie. Then you tie in it being a decades old sequel and making Maverick this enormously sympathetic hero, it was masterful.

I don't think I have found many flaws in it.

It’s a damn shame we could only get ONE mad max movie with Charlize and Hardy in our lifetimes. They should have been churning these out like Pirates of the Caribbean movies man. Tom Hardy should have gotten a Captain Jack Sparrow type run at the character. 1 performance wasn’t enough

Apparently Hardy was a pain in the *** to work with on set for this and Theron had huge issues with him

Back
Top Bottom