Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Never watched a single episode of Seinfeld.

Strangely enough, keep seein Facebook vids of their behind the scenes stuff, some of it seemed legit funny. I'm considering.

Currently, first

IMG_4785.jpeg

Longlegs was pretty disturbing alright. But some parts dragged, I felt.

As awesome as Nicolas Cage is as an actor, it seems like his character was shortchanged during the writing process and he only had so much to work with.

I think Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of Hannibal Lecter has the stronger staying power. Same with Jodie Foster's Clarice Starling. Also, Silence of the Lambs had the better musical score. Howard Shore did his thing.

It seems like modern horror movies seem to overlook the score of the movie. A couple of horror films with scores that have stood out to me are:

Oculus
It Follows

Anyway, it was okay overall.

We talked about top tier action movies the last couple decades, most of us mentioned Mission Impossible Fallout.....I need The Gray Man to be included.

I just watched again, God damn I love that movie. Everyone crushed their roles. Dialogue was fun and action was elite and nonstop.

I'm mad this didn't get a theater release.

I need a sequel and a Blu-ray.

Oh my God.......

For no real reason I just watched the first 3-4 episodes of 90210 two nights ago.

To see the news of Shannen this morning really stings.

Brenda and Dylan together again hopefully. RIP 🙏

4.5/8 on Longlegs. Expertly crafted but it limps over the finish line. Plus the hype around it didn't help

honestly would've liked less Cage. The opening was fantastic but then the more we saw of him, the less of an impact he had in my opinion. I had trouble understanding what he was saying during the interrogation scene.

They spent so much time building up a sense of dread and ambiguity (which I thoroughly enjoyed) then it's all undone by the 3rd HAIL SATAN!

Oh my God.......

For no real reason I just watched the first 3-4 episodes of 90210 two nights ago.

To see the news of Shannen this morning really stings.

Brenda and Dylan together again hopefully. RIP 🙏
From what I understand, she’s basically been waiting to die for a while now. Cancer all throughout her body. Very sad :frown:

RIP.

What are some notable episodes? I’ve always been a season 4 guy myself.
To be fair, Season 4 probably is the best in terms of consistent quality from the first episode of the season to the last. But Season 6 is my personal favorite because I happen to really enjoy some of the ancillary recurring characters like the Costanzas and Newman and they got a lot of time in Season Six. Some notable episodes are:

The Big Salad (Jerry dates a girl that Newman dumped and can't get past it);

The Chinese Woman (Donna Chang; Karmer is "out there, Jerry and loving every minute of it!")

The Jimmy ("Jimmy's new in town"; "Jimmy is sweet on you": "Jimmy holds grudges!");

The Soup (Jerry accepts and Armani suit as gift from Kenny Bania and has to repay him with a "meal"; NOT the Soup Nazi episode though);

The Race (Jerry agrees to a rematch in a foot race with a guy he went to high school with);

The Scofflaw (Newman has extensive unpaid parking tickets);

The Doorman (Jerry has issues with the Doorman at the building where Elaine is staying; Kramer and Frank Costanza invent the "Bro/Manzere");

The Fusilli Jerry (intro to David Puddy, "Assman" license plate).

Back
Top Bottom