Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tommy C!

IMG_4887.jpeg

Recent viewing (Deep Fear). It was actually pretty good. :lol: If you’re in the mood for a late-night watch before you get some shut-eye and want to just chill, you can’t go wrong. Can’t go wrong with a pleasing, beautiful ocean setting. 🔥 The movie doesn’t even become a thriller until later on. By the way, the sharks hardly even have a significant contribution to the plot, so please don’t be misled by the poster. The two human villains were unnecessarily mean. :lol: Oh, and the leading actress in this one is absolutely gorgeous. I Read up on her, and apparently she dated Leonardo DiCaprio? Who knows. *shrugs* Anyhow, 4/8 for this one. Edit: Oh, and just one more thing: The special effects for the sharks were not good.
1721704824710.jpeg

Can someone give me like three or four paragraphs on why they thought Daisy Edgar-Jones sucked for Twisters? I want to see why

Rewatched every Evil Dead movie this past weekend. They're hard to rank, a pretty consistently good franchise.

Need to peep Ash vs Evil Dead

Can someone give me like three or four paragraphs on why they thought Daisy Edgar-Jones sucked for Twisters? I want to see why

I didn’t think she sucked, I thought she wasn’t a strong lead for this movie. Could be poorly written character, or could just be that she’s not talented enough for this role yet.

In a film that’s gonna make billions at the box office, I don’t feel like she had any part in that success. Swap her out and there’s either no difference or the movie does better. Where as if you swapped out Powell, you’d probably have a box office bomb.

Last edited:
Can’t act like I’m excited for Joker with how heavy handed and surface level deep the first one was. I don’t doubt the acting will be great again though. I'll catch it on streaming or something.

Really hope Deadpool doesn’t disappoint. I can easily see how Reynolds’ shtick may have lost its luster to some but I rewatched the second one a few days ago and still enjoyed it/laughed. I do have a soft spot for anything X Men though.

Back
Top Bottom