Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

We can make a screenplay off the Harlem Shake Story from years ago.
I agree. The story fits the bill in regards to “filmmaking 101”

To quote the talented movie expert Mike Stoklasa:

“You see, in most movies the audience needs a character to connect with. Typically, this character is something called a protagonist. So in addition to being like an everyday lad, usually the protagonist is someone that’s down in their luck, in a bad place in their lives, or someone where everything just doesn’t always go perfectly for them.

Eventually they’ll be confronted with some kind of obstacle or struggle that they got to deal with, and if we like them, we hope they succeed! The drama in the film is the result of us rooting for them against opposition.

Eventually our protagonist will find themselves in the lowest point, where it seems like all is lost. But eventually, they’ll pull through and conquer whatever force opposes them.

It’s satisfying when our hero gets ahead from where they started off at. They make like a change. This is called an “arc.” Often, too, they’ll get the girl at the end as icing on the cake.”

Last edited:
“But with this place, I wanted to show them something that wasn’t an illusion. Something that they could…see and touch”

1724704504536.gif

I’m officially hooked on Dexter. I can tell it’s gonna be a wild ride. On the season 1 finale today.

Couple things I hope happen: I want Stankface McGee to be murked ASAP.
IMG_5092.jpeg

Just having the fart sniffing face on all the time. He needs to go.

His gf Rita is mad lame and manipulative. Turning Dex into a super simp. She gotta go.

Lastly, I hope Dexter gets to be more brutal next season. He’s only picked off like 3 people this whole season. Those are rookie numbers, im gonna need him to step it up.

Also, the Icetruck Killer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lighting money on fire? This gonna do numbers on streaming, you know how many people liked Ocean’s 11

I don’t get it though - how many people are going to sign up to Apple just because of that movie?

I guess they just need to keep new stuff coming - but that’s a lot of monthly subscribers just to pay off that one movie.

Yoooooooo this if from DEXTER?!!!! How could I not see it until now?!!!!

IMG_5093.jpeg
I ssooooo wanted to post that gif when you said you were going to start, but the gif itself is a spoiler to someone just starting the series, because then you learn that Doaks eventually corners Dexter. 😂😬

All the memes afterwards. 😂😂🤣

ngl this trailer gave me goosebumps. Reeve was everything to me as a kid. Can't wait to see this.

“And then she said the words that saved my life: you’re still you and I love you” 🥺

“I think a Hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles” 💯

whats-a-characters-scene-that-made-you-think-they-just-like-v0-b35yqu005yqc1.jpg

Never saw the 4th one either :lol:, never thought it was necessary at all.

3 was also the last movie that I saw in theatres my sister before she passed and it was the absolute perfect ending so didn't really wanna ruin the poignancy of it

Back
Top Bottom