Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just finished watching Deliverance, and while it started off well, it eventually turned into a Tubi production. I’m not even upset—it just became both cringe and unintentionally comical at the same time.
Which is weird, because horrors can't typically be described that way, especially supernatural horrors.

Pulp Fiction remains my favorite QT film by a large margin. I will readily admit that my feelings are fueled by nostalgia, but I don’t think that makes them less valid.

Seeing it at Isla Vista Theater in 1994, with the packed crowd completely into it, and the sounds of empty bottles rolling toward the screen every few minutes and maybe a little weed smoke in the air, is one of those moviegoing experiences that will be ingrained in my memory forever.

Jackie Brown (1997) still my personal favorite from QT.

It’s like a love letter to LA, even after damn near 30 years it captures the feel and vibe of inner-city los angeles perfectly

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

Also, Robert Forster was GOATed

Jackie Brown (1997) still my personal favorite from QT.

It’s like a love letter to LA, even after damn near 30 years it captures the feel and vibe of inner-city los angeles perfectly

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

Also, Robert Forster was GOATed

The older I get, the higher up on my QT list this goes. It’s a masterpiece and getting closer to being his best imo. It’s just one of those films you have to watch as an adult to fully appreciate.

And I think it’s the only Tarantino film that doesn’t go all wacko, revenge-pron, off the rails, bizarro ending. Just solid beginning middle and end with the perfect ending. It’s Once Upon a time without the hippie mass murder. Immaculate vibes, 8/8 visuals, 8/8 story, 8/8 acting.

Kinda want this poster

IMG_5411.jpeg

Today (Tubi).

I was told this was the worst movie of all time…it didn’t live up to that title

1729034115587.jpeg
Now that you've seen that, if you haven't already, you might want to check out "Ed Wood", which is a Tim Burton-directed, fictionalized portrayal of the making of Plan 9 from Outer Space starring Johnny Depp. Martin Landau plays Bela Lugosi and is fantastic in it.

Dang it was really that bad? I watched maybe 30 minutes and it was kinda boring to me so I didn’t finish.
Just starting Licorice Pizza and... I have... I have questions. I have questions that I need answered very quickly.

Because... wtaf is going on here? 👀
Licorice Pizza might be the worst Oscar nominee I've ever seen.
All over the place, absolutely horrible character development, constant unanswered questions, directionless plot, like it takes itself as abstract art when really it's just a toddler's painting with super expensive video equipment.
"No, it's about these Hollywood people..." nobody cares.
"You don't get it." Right. Exactly what toddler's parents say.
And I read a few articles about people being appalled that Alena didn't win something. For what?! She was mid AF.
2.3/8
Licorice Pizza is definitely not wholesome. Is it super sexually explicit, drugs everywhere, gory blood scenes? No, but it's not wholesome.
it's just a waste of 2 hrs, man. The title literally has nothing to do with the movie. At all. Not one thing. Of course the title has a meaning, but nothing connects that meaning to the movie.
Licorice Pizza; 2.3/8, pedo weird
There are so many movies that if I were just told a little bit more about them, I wouldn't have wasted my time (I'm looking at you, Licorice Pizza).
🤮

Dang it was really that bad? I watched maybe 30 minutes and it was kinda boring to me so I didn’t finish.

I didn’t think it was poorly made though. Like The Room bad? Battlefield Earth bad? Gigli bad? The Love Guru bad?
**** was about a grown woman and a 15yr old.
The director said “the film doesn’t have a provocative bone in its body”…..so I guess that’s that.
They tried it and “succeeded”
**** was heaped with praise and damn near won the OSCAR
She was his coming of age whatever and they did it all like it was “normal”.
**** the “if the roles were reversed and the guy was 25 and she was 15” convo, **** was an OD weird desensitization of Terrible behavior for both predator grooming and racism.

Back
Top Bottom