Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Watched Jim Jarmusch's Ghost Dog and the Lincoln Lawyer. Both solid films.

I really liked Lincoln Lawyer. It was like a great episode of Law & Order OG.

Heard they were gonna make it into a series.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

yes. i mean all of a sudden he turns around. felt like they were comparing Bale to Jesus and that was why he changed. yuck.

movie had alot of dope parts though. Ben foster is seriously underrated
The hell happened to this guy? This guy should have been the 2011 Ryan Gosling of 2008 (if that makes any sense).

Originally Posted by DubA169

yes. i mean all of a sudden he turns around. felt like they were comparing Bale to Jesus and that was why he changed. yuck.

movie had alot of dope parts though. Ben foster is seriously underrated
The hell happened to this guy? This guy should have been the 2011 Ryan Gosling of 2008 (if that makes any sense).

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I thought it was horrible.
When I saw the premise of the film over a year ago I was so hype, i thought it was a great subject to breach and with Michael Sheen Marissa Bello as the stars, i was sure it would be powerful.

The trailer was so good, I thought it was going to be great. But the film dragged, and was boring at times, it was attacked at the wrong angles.
One mans trash is another man's treasure, but I just don't get how someone can't appreciate that film. There was absolutely nothing to "like" about it if you catch my drift, but that was the purpose. The entire movie was somber and had virtually no points to rally around, however you gotta know what you're getting into and I undeniably feel like they attacked the right angles. What angles are you referring to, though?

They focused on the storyline of the parents attempting to continue their lives aware of what their son committed, trying to figure out why he did it/if they caused it, and if their relationship could survive the magnitude of such a devastating emotional blow. What did you want to see exactly? That's precisely what you should have expected.
ohwell.gif

In the end, they come to the realization that they'll never know accurately why he did it, but the quote that started the film and ended it "things would be different from now on, they didn't know if things would be better or worse, but for certain things would change." really emphasized that point.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I thought it was horrible.
When I saw the premise of the film over a year ago I was so hype, i thought it was a great subject to breach and with Michael Sheen Marissa Bello as the stars, i was sure it would be powerful.

The trailer was so good, I thought it was going to be great. But the film dragged, and was boring at times, it was attacked at the wrong angles.
One mans trash is another man's treasure, but I just don't get how someone can't appreciate that film. There was absolutely nothing to "like" about it if you catch my drift, but that was the purpose. The entire movie was somber and had virtually no points to rally around, however you gotta know what you're getting into and I undeniably feel like they attacked the right angles. What angles are you referring to, though?

They focused on the storyline of the parents attempting to continue their lives aware of what their son committed, trying to figure out why he did it/if they caused it, and if their relationship could survive the magnitude of such a devastating emotional blow. What did you want to see exactly? That's precisely what you should have expected.
ohwell.gif

In the end, they come to the realization that they'll never know accurately why he did it, but the quote that started the film and ended it "things would be different from now on, they didn't know if things would be better or worse, but for certain things would change." really emphasized that point.

Have you guys see Dream House? Don't bother. Reminiscent of Signs, The Others, Shutter Island, etc. Decent movie, but the reason I wouldn't recommend it is because I found it predictable… and I can't predict a DAMN thing in movies.
laugh.gif

Kev- i take it that's a 2nd V for Vendetta?

Have you guys see Dream House? Don't bother. Reminiscent of Signs, The Others, Shutter Island, etc. Decent movie, but the reason I wouldn't recommend it is because I found it predictable… and I can't predict a DAMN thing in movies.
laugh.gif

Kev- i take it that's a 2nd V for Vendetta?

No. 
laugh.gif

It was November 5th.
He urges the people of Britain to rise up against the oppressive government and meet him in one year, on 5 November, outside the Houses of Parliament, which he promises to destroy.

No. 
laugh.gif

It was November 5th.
He urges the people of Britain to rise up against the oppressive government and meet him in one year, on 5 November, outside the Houses of Parliament, which he promises to destroy.

laugh.gif
  Kev, you always beat me in here on Monday's.  I was just coming in to post. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love was really good.  I did not expect to like it, but I did indeed.  Kev, you are an Emma fan, you should check this out, though she's not quite in here as much as she was in Easy A. But still worthy, and if you like Gosling, easy choice here. 

30 minutes or Less, eh.  I liked it alright, but it wasn't what I expected.  To be honest, Social Zombie dude didn't act his @#$ off like he does in everything else I seen him in.  He was kind of reserved in fact.  His sidekick, now that kid was funny.  Someday I need to learn all these kids names, but I'm blank at the moment. 

The Ben Foster discussion, that kid blew me away in Alpha Dog, he MADE me like that movie alot.  He was so good.  I was shocked to see later he is the kid that played Angel in X-3. 
laugh.gif

And the Gosling comparison is on point, I def can see that run Foster should have had. 

Those of you that are Dexter fans or hanging on.......get. the. @#$%. back. on.  TRUST ME.  If you don't want spoilers, don't go into the thread in general, but trust me, season 6 is on pace to take over as best season there is..  I'm not kidding.  Now, they could flame out and go into the side of the mountain the last half, but so far, they are nailing this season.  I was jumpin up and down last night like I did when I seen Rita season 4.  I'm that serious. 

laugh.gif
  Kev, you always beat me in here on Monday's.  I was just coming in to post. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love was really good.  I did not expect to like it, but I did indeed.  Kev, you are an Emma fan, you should check this out, though she's not quite in here as much as she was in Easy A. But still worthy, and if you like Gosling, easy choice here. 

30 minutes or Less, eh.  I liked it alright, but it wasn't what I expected.  To be honest, Social Zombie dude didn't act his @#$ off like he does in everything else I seen him in.  He was kind of reserved in fact.  His sidekick, now that kid was funny.  Someday I need to learn all these kids names, but I'm blank at the moment. 

The Ben Foster discussion, that kid blew me away in Alpha Dog, he MADE me like that movie alot.  He was so good.  I was shocked to see later he is the kid that played Angel in X-3. 
laugh.gif

And the Gosling comparison is on point, I def can see that run Foster should have had. 

Those of you that are Dexter fans or hanging on.......get. the. @#$%. back. on.  TRUST ME.  If you don't want spoilers, don't go into the thread in general, but trust me, season 6 is on pace to take over as best season there is..  I'm not kidding.  Now, they could flame out and go into the side of the mountain the last half, but so far, they are nailing this season.  I was jumpin up and down last night like I did when I seen Rita season 4.  I'm that serious. 

It's been on my list.

I haven't seen a movie in theaters or even used Redbox in months. Like I said, it's been all about catching up on television for me lately.

I will make time for J. Edgar, though.

It's been on my list.

I haven't seen a movie in theaters or even used Redbox in months. Like I said, it's been all about catching up on television for me lately.

I will make time for J. Edgar, though.

J. Edgar currently boasting a 42% on Rotten Tomatoes 
sick.gif

Only twelve reviews (5 fresh, 7 rotten), but I expected more. Much more. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

J. Edgar currently boasting a 42% on Rotten Tomatoes 
sick.gif

Only twelve reviews (5 fresh, 7 rotten), but I expected more. Much more. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Forget Edgar, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
nerd.gif

...and Homeland is growing into my favorite Sunday show. Really good writing, great cast. It's like Rubicon and the Lives of Others mixed with 24.

There's still too much on Sundays and barely anything Mondays and Tuesdays.
30t6p3b.gif

Forget Edgar, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
nerd.gif

...and Homeland is growing into my favorite Sunday show. Really good writing, great cast. It's like Rubicon and the Lives of Others mixed with 24.

There's still too much on Sundays and barely anything Mondays and Tuesdays.
30t6p3b.gif

I has a bad feeling about Hoover. Eastwood is a very very overrated director. I mean extremely overrated.

I totally get the foster gosling comparison

I has a bad feeling about Hoover. Eastwood is a very very overrated director. I mean extremely overrated.

I totally get the foster gosling comparison

Back
Top Bottom