Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
That's hilarious, I can't believe you found the preview I posted back then.

And at some point this week, I begin Breaking Bad.  See what the hell ya'll be talkin about all the damn time. 

I knew one of yall put that on me.
laugh.gif

And
eyes.gif
... I'm getting tired of these late !$++++%+%*$%# getting to beast through the show the first time now.
30t6p3b.gif
Where were all yall 4 years ago, when dudes were like 'oh that's nice. Malcolm in the Middle dude...I might check that out one day...probably not tho'?
grin.gif

And I checked out new New Girl...I might could get into this, since it looks like everyone gets that Zooey's ******ed. And Lake Bell.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

^

And at some point this week, I begin Breaking Bad.  See what the hell ya'll be talkin about all the damn time. 

laugh.gif

And
eyes.gif
... I'm getting tired of these late !$++++%+%*$%# getting to beast through the show the first time now.
30t6p3b.gif
Where were all yall 4 years ago, when dudes were like 'oh that's nice. Malcolm in the Middle dude...I might check that out one day...probably not tho'?
grin.gif

And I checked out new New Girl...I might could get into this, since it looks like everyone gets that Zooey's ******ed. And Lake Bell.
smokin.gif

frown.gif
  Sorry man, I was never a TV guy, I never heard of nothing til really around the time we started talkin tv in the NBA thread last summer.  I was really only a movie guy, and maybe a little 24 sometimes only because of what?  Fox ads during football. 
laugh.gif

Dude here at work literally put Dexter season 1 in my hand, and said "go"  and I went.  Another dude at work literally put Sopranos in my hand and said "here" and I went.  So, now I'm putting forth the effort to see what's what. 

Listen to this pain I feel from last night.  Mad Men, seasons 1-3, 15 dollars each, BLU RAY right now at Best Buy.  And I put them down. 
tired.gif
  My damn wife talked me out of it, sayin what if I don't like the show, and I'm not exactly rich these days, but damn, 45 bucks for 3 years on blu ray? 
eek.gif

^

laugh.gif

And
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

smokin.gif

frown.gif
  Sorry man, I was never a TV guy, I never heard of nothing til really around the time we started talkin tv in the NBA thread last summer.  I was really only a movie guy, and maybe a little 24 sometimes only because of what?  Fox ads during football. 
laugh.gif

Dude here at work literally put Dexter season 1 in my hand, and said "go"  and I went.  Another dude at work literally put Sopranos in my hand and said "here" and I went.  So, now I'm putting forth the effort to see what's what. 

Listen to this pain I feel from last night.  Mad Men, seasons 1-3, 15 dollars each, BLU RAY right now at Best Buy.  And I put them down. 
tired.gif
  My damn wife talked me out of it, sayin what if I don't like the show, and I'm not exactly rich these days, but damn, 45 bucks for 3 years on blu ray? 
eek.gif

And
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

hipster_glasses_2.jpg

And
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

hipster_glasses_2.jpg

Watched X-Men: First Class the other night and I was blown away. I think it's now my 3rd favorite superhero movie behind the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. They got it RIGHT. Set the tone for whats to come. Aside from the special effects, the acting was SUPERB.

Got Captain America up next....

Watched X-Men: First Class the other night and I was blown away. I think it's now my 3rd favorite superhero movie behind the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. They got it RIGHT. Set the tone for whats to come. Aside from the special effects, the acting was SUPERB.

Got Captain America up next....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

100% agree I loved it 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

100% agree I loved it 

Originally Posted by University of Nike

And
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

hipster_glasses_2.jpg

88e70b0f-2bd2-4d92-8fcb-dc22f6e9195b.jpg

laugh.gif
jokes, I'm just mad yall don't have to wait for forever like I did.

Amanda Seyfried as Linda Lovelace
devil.gif
... I better watch Chloe again. (knew she'd blow up since V.Mars and Big Love
nerd.gif
grin.gif
)

And DubJs...you better lower your expectations on Cap. When it was done I kinda felt like nothing happened at all.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

And
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

hipster_glasses_2.jpg

88e70b0f-2bd2-4d92-8fcb-dc22f6e9195b.jpg

laugh.gif
jokes, I'm just mad yall don't have to wait for forever like I did.

Amanda Seyfried as Linda Lovelace
devil.gif
... I better watch Chloe again. (knew she'd blow up since V.Mars and Big Love
nerd.gif
grin.gif
)

And DubJs...you better lower your expectations on Cap. When it was done I kinda felt like nothing happened at all.

Watched In Time last night, pretty enjoyable, but the complaints I have are major about the film. They force fed too much information early on instead of letting the viewer piece it together. The ending was really poor, and came out of no where. Major plot holes too, but it was an enjoyable film. I love the premise, could have been executed better.

Watched In Time last night, pretty enjoyable, but the complaints I have are major about the film. They force fed too much information early on instead of letting the viewer piece it together. The ending was really poor, and came out of no where. Major plot holes too, but it was an enjoyable film. I love the premise, could have been executed better.

So Bond 23 is now officially, Skyfall. 

It will be a stand alone movie, it will NOT follow the Quantum storyline. 
frown.gif
  I'm kinda bummed about that, I was enjoying that direction, was hoping they would keep it moving. 

Either way, that cast is @#$%^&* ridiculous. 
smokin.gif

AHS last night.......we learn anything? 
ohwell.gif
  I liked the scene of all of them walking home in the morning so to speak. 
laugh.gif
  But the teenagers that got killed at school, and the kid not knowing who they were was a bit confusing.  The flashbacks were outstanding though, hope they show us that later. 
I'm starting to agree with Kev on Dylan McD.  The more they focus on him, and his acting, the more I cringe.  They better stick with the female leads for a while.  Kate Mara is workin well.  

So Bond 23 is now officially, Skyfall. 

It will be a stand alone movie, it will NOT follow the Quantum storyline. 
frown.gif
  I'm kinda bummed about that, I was enjoying that direction, was hoping they would keep it moving. 

Either way, that cast is @#$%^&* ridiculous. 
smokin.gif

AHS last night.......we learn anything? 
ohwell.gif
  I liked the scene of all of them walking home in the morning so to speak. 
laugh.gif
  But the teenagers that got killed at school, and the kid not knowing who they were was a bit confusing.  The flashbacks were outstanding though, hope they show us that later. 
I'm starting to agree with Kev on Dylan McD.  The more they focus on him, and his acting, the more I cringe.  They better stick with the female leads for a while.  Kate Mara is workin well.  

Saw In Time and The Rum Diary on Tuesday...

Both were pretty average. I was anticipating TRD a little more because I was hoping that it was going to be Jack Sparrow without a pirate costume, but it wasn't (my fault for giving it that label, it's actually a true story, I wasn't aware). In Time had an interesting concept, and I thought it was intriguing how everyone was the same age and how the time zones defined classes of society, etc. However, it just wasn't that fun. With a storyline like that, it should be fun.

Saw In Time and The Rum Diary on Tuesday...

Both were pretty average. I was anticipating TRD a little more because I was hoping that it was going to be Jack Sparrow without a pirate costume, but it wasn't (my fault for giving it that label, it's actually a true story, I wasn't aware). In Time had an interesting concept, and I thought it was intriguing how everyone was the same age and how the time zones defined classes of society, etc. However, it just wasn't that fun. With a storyline like that, it should be fun.

I'm starting to agree with Kev on Dylan McD.  The more they focus on him, and his acting, the more I cringe.  They better stick with the female leads for a while.
I think they are the two worst characters on the show. Anytime the secondary characters are the focus, everything is more enjoyable.

I liked the inclusion of the dead high schoolers. They are about the first characters on the show I have really felt sorry for or sensed any actual compassion from (besides the maid). Plus, the one kid's half-face, the fact that the dude who plays Tate and the girl who plays the cheerleader worked together on One Tree Hill (as teens with troubled pasts, no less) and the Columbine blueprint that Tate apparently used (targeting the popular crowd, asking the other girl if she believed in God before he shot her).

Anyway, we learned a few things that weren't completely surprising (about Tate and his mother). Maybe just because nothing could shock me at this point, because nothing makes enough sense to.

26 confirmed episodes. I have no idea how that plays out. If they move, there is no show. If a new family moves into the house, what could possibly happen any differently than is happening now? If they stay, how much more ridiculous backstory can the writers come up with? In my mind, there is no proper endgame.

I'm starting to agree with Kev on Dylan McD.  The more they focus on him, and his acting, the more I cringe.  They better stick with the female leads for a while.
I think they are the two worst characters on the show. Anytime the secondary characters are the focus, everything is more enjoyable.

I liked the inclusion of the dead high schoolers. They are about the first characters on the show I have really felt sorry for or sensed any actual compassion from (besides the maid). Plus, the one kid's half-face, the fact that the dude who plays Tate and the girl who plays the cheerleader worked together on One Tree Hill (as teens with troubled pasts, no less) and the Columbine blueprint that Tate apparently used (targeting the popular crowd, asking the other girl if she believed in God before he shot her).

Anyway, we learned a few things that weren't completely surprising (about Tate and his mother). Maybe just because nothing could shock me at this point, because nothing makes enough sense to.

26 confirmed episodes. I have no idea how that plays out. If they move, there is no show. If a new family moves into the house, what could possibly happen any differently than is happening now? If they stay, how much more ridiculous backstory can the writers come up with? In my mind, there is no proper endgame.

Two worst? 
nerd.gif
  I hope you don't mean Tammi Taylor, come on, she is doing fine work imo.  I really liked her and Kate playing with each other, I thought that was great.  And the way she broke down the realtor in the last episode. 
laugh.gif
  Don't give up on her yet. 

Was it Tate though?  Why doesn't he remember these kids?  That was the thing I liked.  They gave us flashes, but that kid has been pretty wicked so far, yet he was confused the whole time they were chasing him, why? 

My wife and I disagreed last night, is Jessica Lange alive or dead next door?  I say she is dead.  If she shot the maid, and her husband, what, she moved next @#$%^&* door to that house? 
laugh.gif
  But my wife thinks she is alive and maybe just watching over everything or something.  What do you think? 

Two worst? 
nerd.gif
  I hope you don't mean Tammi Taylor, come on, she is doing fine work imo.  I really liked her and Kate playing with each other, I thought that was great.  And the way she broke down the realtor in the last episode. 
laugh.gif
  Don't give up on her yet. 

Was it Tate though?  Why doesn't he remember these kids?  That was the thing I liked.  They gave us flashes, but that kid has been pretty wicked so far, yet he was confused the whole time they were chasing him, why? 

My wife and I disagreed last night, is Jessica Lange alive or dead next door?  I say she is dead.  If she shot the maid, and her husband, what, she moved next @#$%^&* door to that house? 
laugh.gif
  But my wife thinks she is alive and maybe just watching over everything or something.  What do you think? 

Attack the Block...
Tagline: "A teen gang in South London defend their block from an alien invasion."

They essentially have 3-4 genre's mashed in one film. A very solid watch. 7/10.

BTW, CP, not sure if you're still keeping track of 2011 films, but if you are:

50/50

Attack the Block

Bad Teacher

Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called 

Bridesmaids

Captain America: The First Avenger

Cedar Rapids

Contagion

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Drive

Fast Five

Green Lantern

Hangover II

Hanna

Hesher

The Ides of March

In Time

Limitless

Margin Call

Midnight in Paris

Rio

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Source Code

Submarine

Super

Super 8

The Adjustment Bureau

The Lincoln Lawyer

Tree of Life

Thor

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Win Win

X-Men: First Class

Your Highness

Attack the Block...
Tagline: "A teen gang in South London defend their block from an alien invasion."

They essentially have 3-4 genre's mashed in one film. A very solid watch. 7/10.

BTW, CP, not sure if you're still keeping track of 2011 films, but if you are:

50/50

Attack the Block

Bad Teacher

Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called 

Bridesmaids

Captain America: The First Avenger

Cedar Rapids

Contagion

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Drive

Fast Five

Green Lantern

Hangover II

Hanna

Hesher

The Ides of March

In Time

Limitless

Margin Call

Midnight in Paris

Rio

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Source Code

Submarine

Super

Super 8

The Adjustment Bureau

The Lincoln Lawyer

Tree of Life

Thor

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Win Win

X-Men: First Class

Your Highness

BTW, Target has 3 very good blu-ray's for $5 each. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition), 3:10 to Yuma (Bale & Crowe) and American Psycho.

BTW, Target has 3 very good blu-ray's for $5 each. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition), 3:10 to Yuma (Bale & Crowe) and American Psycho.

Back
Top Bottom