Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sat and watched How To Be Single with my girl last night.

2/8 and I won't give it a 1 because Alison Brie was in it.

Few things:

-Everytime I see the commercial for The Girlfriend Experience I wished I would have watched it slower instead of burning through it in one weekend.

-The other day I noticed AntMan was in a New Avenger gif so I knew he was in the Movie. I just watched rewatched AntMan and at the end they decide to finish the Female suit for Hope. Is she in it?

-Had a hard time getting through Peaky Blinders s3 ep 1 so I need to rewatch, all I could think about the whole watch was rewatching Wentworth s3 ep1

Hope is not in it, no

Martin Scorsese’s mob picture The Irishman has landed at STX Entertainment in a huge deal for international rights that could be a recent record for Cannes. We’re hearing the buy could be worth as much as $50 million. It was struck very late Saturday night L.A. time after lengthy negotiations that went through the night and comes after Fabrica de Cine closed a deal with Paramount at week’s end to finance the film. That’s similar to the structure set last year at Cannes for Scorsese’s Silence — to the tune of some $100 million. Paramount will retain domestic on the picture, which hopes to reunite Scorsese with Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Harvey Keitel, as well as to team Al Pacino with Scorsese for the first time in their storied careers.

Watching the Alien film marathon on IFC right now.

Didn't know Fincher directed Aliens 3 and Whedon wrote Alien Resurrection. 
laugh.gif

Martin Scorsese’s mob picture The Irishman has landed at STX Entertainment in a huge deal for international rights that could be a recent record for Cannes. We’re hearing the buy could be worth as much as $50 million. It was struck very late Saturday night L.A. time after lengthy negotiations that went through the night and comes after Fabrica de Cine closed a deal with Paramount at week’s end to finance the film. That’s similar to the structure set last year at Cannes for Scorsese’s Silence — to the tune of some $100 million. Paramount will retain domestic on the picture, which hopes to reunite Scorsese with Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Harvey Keitel, as well as to team Al Pacino with Scorsese for the first time in their storied careers.

:pimp: it's truly picking up steam.

'Welcome to Leith' is one of the best documentaries I've seen in years. Amazing film. 8/8 would be higher if possible. I've never watched a doc that had so much suspense and tension, but I suppose when the subject is a white supremecist trying to overtake a small midwestern town, whose own mayor hadn't ever heard the concept of racism in his life, it's not too hard. Masterful filmmaking. How this doc didn't land even an Oscar nom is a crime in itself. The film didnt even influence and biases, or insert any narrative, the filmmakers simply recorded, interviewed, and pieced together the timeline to examine how crazy and sick these white supremecists are. Again, 8/8 perfect film.

Last edited:
'Welcome to Leith' is one of the best documentaries I've seen in years. Amazing film. 8/8 would be higher if possible. I've never watched a doc that had so much suspense and tension, but I suppose when the subject is a white supremecist trying to overtake a small midwestern town, whose own mayor hadn't ever heard the concept of racism in his life, it's not too hard. Masterful filmmaking. How this doc didn't land even an Oscar nom is a crime in itself.

Netflix or elsewhere?

Saw 7 Days In Hell. Andy Samberg was hilarious. Him having sex with the streakers was ridiculous. The female streaker was fire and would get all her club entrances and exit shot up.

'Welcome to Leith' is one of the best documentaries I've seen in years. Amazing film. 8/8 would be higher if possible. I've never watched a doc that had so much suspense and tension, but I suppose when the subject is a white supremecist trying to overtake a small midwestern town, whose own mayor hadn't ever heard the concept of racism in his life, it's not too hard. Masterful filmmaking. How this doc didn't land even an Oscar nom is a crime in itself.

Netflix or elsewhere?
Netflix I think. I was watching on a buddies Xbox.

Rogue Nation was really good. Really dug the British agent. 6.8/8

The Stanford Prison Experiment 6.5/8 Gotta be that guy but Zimbardo's The Lucifer Effect which is about the movie and other things was a great read.

Crudup was dope as Zimbardo's. I gotta say I only saw dude in one interview to promote the book so I never gave the author much thought when reading or watching this experiment. He was painted as a bit of a-hole the way he was driven by this phenomena. Crudup was good showing how far he was willing to go and how he was just frustrated being on the cusp of brilliance with pl questioning him and how far he let things go with the guards and prisoners.

Ellis was cool in this the way his character really tried to adapt the prison experinence and how he manipulated the prisoners.

As the experiment goes the guards got really ******* sick and while the prisoners fought back to start they got submissive, compliant, and obedient real quick

About to start watching episode 1 from the first season of Vikings.

Body. Is. Ready.
Another lucky ************

Enjoy :smokin

Netflix or elsewhere?
Netflix I think. I was watching on a buddies Xbox.
If it only debuted on Netflix that may be why it didn't get an Oscar nom. The academy don't watch Netflix :lol: (has been a slow road to accepting the worthiness of movies or docs that debut on there for several reasons). Also it's up to the studio to send/enter the movie to the academy for consideration.

Zik, the film came out over a year ago and had a theater run. Not a straight to Netflix deal. And I would imagine the studio sent it in for consideration, there's quite a bit of critical acclaim and reviews out there. Either way, awarded or not, the film is dope.

Penny Dreadful be so LIT! but they finally going really hard on the nastiness for me :lol: Go from a bloody 3sum to a vamp being devoured alive :smh: :x

Zik, the film came out over a year ago and had a theater run. Not a straight to Netflix deal. And I would imagine the studio sent it in for consideration, there's quite a bit of critical acclaim and reviews out there. Either way, awarded or not, the film is dope.
Okay. I wasn't sure and was just saying. I hadn't heard of it until it was brought up.

About to get on Penny Dreadful now.

Man Silicon Valley always come hard with the Music. 

That show is brilliant in so many ways.

Saw Zoolander 2 last night. Some funny parts but I see why it received the reviews it got
mean.gif
Yeah.. I didn't expect it to be as good as the first prior to the bad reviews.. and then once it got destroyed by critics and even fans too, that killed any excitement I had for it.

It was pretty bad. I could take a dumb storyline if the jokes were at least funny, but I barely even laughed a few times.

In for Abigail Spencer bae. Was that Patty from flash in the show trailer? She was looking damn fine.

Back
Top Bottom