Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

i know why you @'d club27 but dude has been long gone from NT right? unless he has a new SN.

i think cheers and taxi would be in my top favorite older shows.
breaking bad and lost would be among my favorite newer shows.

probably my most upsetting experience with watching tv shows was watching dexter go downhill after season 4 and then having the worst finale in the history of tv shows.

i know why you @'d club27 but dude has been long gone from NT right? unless he has a new SN.

i think cheers and taxi would be in my top favorite older shows.
breaking bad and lost would be among my favorite newer shows.

probably my most upsetting experience with watching tv shows was watching dexter go downhill after season 4 and then having the worst finale in the history of tv shows.
Just from memory True Blood and Entourage had one of the worst finales. If it wasn't for the finale Entourage would be in my top 5 of all time.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 @club27 @datboi81

Do you pay close attention to how certain folks run the ropes? Form, speed, # of steps?

If so, to who and why

is this the right--ah, **** it.

lot of variables involved there, for instance the big pros use a 20' squared circle (which I've never stepped foot in) and I imagine that changes things entirely...16s are more common in Mexico/with smaller feds and somebody like RoH will use an 18. hell, I've been in a 14' before.

I guess for me it was finding somebody with my general skeletal frame and watching the way he moved, so a lot of my focus goes into Booker T in WCW where the rings were 18', who usually takes 3 steps (with sort of a hop-turn on the left foot) from coast to coast and 4 from corner to corner.

borrowing a lot from him actually, his armwrench-hook kick and a few others.

anyway, at 6'4" I have pretty long legs so I go with 1 and a hop from center after 2 wasn't working out.

Just from memory True Blood and Entourage had one of the worst finales. If it wasn't for the finale Entourage would be in my top 5 of all time.
the entourage was pretty bad. they really rushed it. the movie wasn't so hot either.

i stopped watching true blood after 2 seasons.

I dunno, guys.

I'm really looking forward to the new Kingsman, and I look at the trailer and it looks fun.

But it just looks too ******* white for me. Like.....only white guys? And only the whitest of the white guys? For the Statesmen, who represent the American side to the Kingsmen? Not the actors, just the whole Walker Texas Ranger vibe. They have that one latino dude in there and I feel like he's just there to have one single non-white Statesman for the complainers.

The first movie was dope because of how much they were into the British genteel identity, and I definitely see how the American version of that would be these Statesmen, but I feel like they really missed the mark when they decided that was what the Statesmen are. Like...America is not as homogenous to choose such a singular identity, especially one so wrapped up in a parody of big dumb America that doesn't get done to Britain since it's their franchise.

Once i saw that they decided the most badass American spy dudes are cowboys from Texas i was turned off a bit. Looks like fun to watch, but...i don't care about what happens to Statesmen because I could never be one. I'm a black dude from the East Coast and I could never see myself wanting to root for the Statesman aside from them being the good guys in the movie. If this were real life, and those were really the Statesmen, I doubt I would even want them to win because i doubt they would do any of that fighting they're doing in the movie on behalf of my black ***.

But yea...looks dope and i'm prob gonna check it out.

I dunno, guys.

I'm really looking forward to the new Kingsman, and I look at the trailer and it looks fun.

But it just looks too ****ing white for me. Like.....only white guys? And only the whitest of the white guys? For the Statesmen, who represent the American side to the Kingsmen? Not the actors, just the whole Walker Texas Ranger vibe. They have that one latino dude in there and I feel like he's just there to have one single non-white Statesman for the complainers.

The first movie was dope because of how much they were into the British genteel identity, and I definitely see how the American version of that would be these Statesmen, but I feel like they really missed the mark when they decided that was what the Statesmen are. Like...America is not as homogenous to choose such a singular identity, especially one so wrapped up in a parody of big dumb America that doesn't get done to Britain since it's their franchise.

Once i saw that they decided the most badass American spy dudes are cowboys from Texas i was turned off a bit. Looks like fun to watch, but...i don't care about what happens to Statesmen because I could never be one. I'm a black dude from the East Coast and I could never see myself wanting to root for the Statesman aside from them being the good guys in the movie. If this were real life, and those were really the Statesmen, I doubt I would even want them to win because i doubt they would do any of that fighting they're doing in the movie on behalf of my black ***.

But yea...looks dope and i'm prob gonna check it out.
I just checked the trailer out, Halle Berry is in it man. However I won't be watching the movie because I don't watch Channing Tatum movies. I would love to check out that new Daniel Craig movie but Channing is in that as well. Nope.

In top action shows ever, Banshee and Strike Back have to be on that list. Cinemax did well with the consistency of lit episodes and beautiful naked women.

In no order

Soul Food
Friday Night Lights
One Tree Hill
Boondocks
Beverly Hills 90210
I'm not gonna criticize your list but you know those later seasons of One Tree Hill do not hold up. All those new lame characters trying to make up for 2 important characters. Never before seen siblings and **** :smh:

There's an argument the show ended when Lucas left town with Peyton and when th3 father ended up murdering his brother after that happy ending he was having with his baby moms.
How is Twilight Zone and Quantum Leap for someone that never watched them but has an interest in the subject matter?
The Twilight Zone is the godfather to most of the stuff like Black Mirror if you like that. Obviously some of it will be a bit dated due to eps dating back to the late 50s but the storytelling is top notch. They set the blueprint for a lot of on screen sci fi twists and genres. And imo the black and white has a charm and mystique to it in many eps.

I think Hulu has a lot of eps. So does Netflix I think (not sure if they still do). Your best bet if you end up liking it is during New Years or Halloween or Memorial day weekend or some other holiday for some reason the Syfy channel airs 2 day marathons :pimp:

top 5 shows

batman the animated series
the simpsons seasons 1 - 10
breaking bad
game of thrones
thats 70s show

I just checked the trailer out, Halle Berry is in it man. However I won't be watching the movie because I don't watch Channing Tatum movies. I would love to check out that new Daniel Craig movie but Channing is in that as well. Nope.

Like none of em?

You didn't even watch Tarantino's latest?

I have actors I don't like and try to avoid but if they're in my fav actors or director's movies I grin and bear it.

Crazy but respect to the more disciplined and far more strict.

watching Fate of the Furious right now
Scott Eastwood is a trash actor
noway Clint is the biological father :smh:

In top action shows ever, Banshee and Strike Back have to be on that list. Cinemax did well with the consistency of lit episodes and beautiful naked women.
I never could get around to watching Strike Back, I thought about it then it got canceled I believe. Then switched networks and I was like if it got canceled once it will get canceled again.
The film Detroit is getting really great reviews.
I was just telling the wife I plan on seeing it.

Like none of em?

You didn't even watch Tarantino's latest?
I caught the movie on a paid channel or something one day and didn't even know he was in it until the very end. I was like SOB, I would not have watched the movie if I knew he was in it. I don't think it was a bad movie, Tarantino films are in a category all by themselves.

I think Hulu has a lot of eps. So does Netflix I think (not sure if they still do). Your best bet if you end up liking it is during New Years or Halloween or Memorial day weekend or some other holiday for some reason the Syfy channel airs 2 day marathons :pimp:
I want to say Netflix has all the episodes, I start playing season one and only turn around to reply I am still watching. It will go through all of them, I eventually got tired of waiting for those marathons and bought the entire series on DVD years ago.

top 5 shows

batman the animated series
Man don't even get me started on animated TV shows man, Justice League was AMAZING. Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths was incredible. Owlman is a psycho.
watching Fate of the Furious right now
Scott Eastwood is a trash actor noway Clint is the biological father :smh:
I personally will hold off on calling him trash, I have to base it off the movie franchise he is playing in. I mean lets be honest nobody in that movie is getting nominated for ANY legit awards because of their role in that movie.

Eastwoods son is awful at acting. Im thinking maybe he started acting when he was a full grown adult because he looked like a mirror image of his pops. So he's prob still relatively new to the game.

But yeah I've seen 3 movies of his where he was the lead and He was trash in all of them. Did he even have 1 line of dialogue in suicide squad? There's a reason for that

MV5BMjI2MDMxMjI5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc4ODg4OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR119,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

this was a good one he was in

MV5BMGY0YTM3MjItZmExMy00NDgyLThjNzUtZWQ1MzY2NGRmMjZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzYyMzE1NjA@._V1_UY1200_CR89,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

anyone seen this? jamie lannister, shane from twd and ghost from power :wow:

Back
Top Bottom