Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching "Her" for first time since I saw it in the theaters. Forgot how sweet but weird this movie is. Also this movie and The Jungle Book proves Scarlett is quite seductive from her voice alone.

Just finished watching Prisoners. Amazing performances by Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. Roger Deakins did Roger Deakins things with the cinematography as well.

Blade Runner might be the most overrated movie in history.
Really? I thought it was regarded as a cult classic.

That label entails that it isn't widely praised especially not to the point to be overrated.

Then againthings have progressed and lame hipsters and millenials who grew up thinking they're suppose to love it may have tainted the word by mouth pool to the point it appears to be overrated

Watching "Her" for first time since I saw it in the theaters. Forgot how sweet but weird this movie is. Also this movie and The Jungle Book proves Scarlett is quite seductive from her voice alone.

Yup, especially the last part.. between that, black mirror and ex machina the world is headed for a weird place

As a Black Mirror Stan I appreciated the artistic vision behind HER but I wouldn't watch it again, just wasn't enjoyable.

Black Mirror episodes can be just as disturbing yet I've watched many of them at least twice. Her wasn't as weird as BM episodes but it was far more uncomfortable and awkward to watch.

Watching some of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

These monkeys gay yo. Softer than their excrement.

I would've been wiped these simians out.

watch the final cut.
i don't think it's overrated. imo one of the best sci-fi movies of all time.

I consider it one of the greatest of all time, but I can def see why some people seeing it for the first time might not like it. The thing is, it came out like 30 years ago and still holds up well. Also, it wasn't received well AT ALL if I remember. I think it tanked at the B.O., there were some serious editing problems, Ridley was pissed about something the studio did to him, and Harrison Ford bashed it pretty hard (might have said he hated working on it more than any other movie.)

That being said, there's just some sort of magic to it that I think is unparalleled in film. Like an accidental greatness about it, word to the image of the Virgin Mary randomly appearing on a newborn calf. It wasn't planned, but you recognize it when you see it

I fell asleep the first 3 times I tried to watch it. The storyline is so plodding, uninteresting and cliche. It's set on Earth in 2019 and it's hard to suspend your disbelief because it's so off the mark. The cinematography is stunning but at times it's too much, seems more for show than to facilitate the story line. Neon umbrella handles and crashing through 10 plate glass windows just because. Acting is sketchy as **** and there are so many different version because Ridley Scott tried to piece it together and cover up storyline and script holes in post production. None of the versions hit the mark. It's bombed on release for good reason. Movie sucks.

I watched the 2016 movie Kickboxer : Vengeance. It wasn't bad. Dug Bautista as Tong Po and Asian chick in the movie

But then I watched the 1989 Kickboxer movie right after. Much better movie. Enjoyed it just as much all those years ago when I watched it

Currently watching Wonder Woman, not the least bit impressed. I will say it has some funny/entertaining parts. However the CGI is so blatantly bad which is a hallmark in the DCU. Chris Pine was basically being just Captain Kirk and it was kind of annoying.

I was hoping to like the movie but DCU in my eyes has gotten it wrong every time since Bale left as Batman. Although Gal Gadot isn't physically what I think WW should look like she plays the role well. 5/10

First Blade Runner slander and now saying Kickboxer over Bloodsport? I'm triggered

That cute Asian chick in Kickboxer, the training scenes with the eagle and the tree stretches, Tong Po kicking the asbestos out of that pillar and fists dipped in glass....come on bruhs!

Back
Top Bottom