Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seriously.. I cannot name the last "classic" comedy..

Hell I can't name any comedies?

I read an interview recently with Sean William Scott (aka Stiffler) and he himself said “they don’t make the kind of movies anymore that made me famous, so I’ve had to try different things.”

I was like, damn, even the actors know it.

So I had to quit Crazy Stupid Love earlier, right when Josh Groban hit the screen, if you guys know when that is. Emergency came up, had to bail on the movie, just started over about an hour ago, straight from the beginning.

Just got past the scene with Marissa Tomei, Julianne Moore, and Steve Carrell in the classroom.

Obviously I don't know how this is going to end but I know I hate the movie so far because it's so much of what I hate in relationships. Ask me if you want and you'll get the full rant, but eff what this movie represents so far.

Let's see how it ends.

*edit* I think Ryan Gosling is absolutely crushing his role, for sure. Eff this movie, though.

darthska darthska The end all ties it together hope you see that, I know what you mean about relationships but it seems like a continuation of Andy from 40 Y.O. Virgin, but yeah we were on the subject of Gosling and that is one of my favorite roles of his so if you dig it for that then that’s at least something.

It depresses me what has become of the comedy genre in movies.

I’ watching I Love You Man right now and it’s such a smart, funny movie. The studios just don’t make this kind of movie anymore :frown:

This is all facts. They were talking about this on the Always Sunny Podcast a couple days ago. Talking about Charlie Day’s new movie. Said something like they’re really not sure why Hollywood is so afraid to put those good comedies in theaters anymore. People NEED to have those experiences in theaters they said. So yeah for sure the actors know it also.

So I had to quit Crazy Stupid Love earlier, right when Josh Groban hit the screen, if you guys know when that is. Emergency came up, had to bail on the movie, just started over about an hour ago, straight from the beginning.

Just got past the scene with Marissa Tomei, Julianne Moore, and Steve Carrell in the classroom.

Obviously I don't know how this is going to end but I know I hate the movie so far because it's so much of what I hate in relationships. Ask me if you want and you'll get the full rant, but eff what this movie represents so far.

Let's see how it ends.

*edit* I think Ryan Gosling is absolutely crushing his role, for sure. Eff this movie, though.

Come back when you're finished. :nerd:

Man, all this Gosling talk and the lack of good comedies, and granted it was 7 years ago now but to me The Nice Guys is one of the funniest movies ever made. That movie might be my 2nd favorite of all-time and fav comedy for sure. That **** is perfection

Come back when you're finished. :nerd:
Just now.

Effffffffffff

That movie.

Loved Ryan Gosling.

I'm way too jaded to have enjoyed that colossal piece of ***. If I actually give my full take on the whole movie, I can start an end my entire review with 3 very simple words: Love? Stupid. Crazy. That's it. That's the review of the movie.

If you guys are in awesome relationships and you love this movie because you love romcoms and everything, let me be quiet and let you live your best lives. I'm not cut for that ****, because...

... nah let me be quiet. #darthscrooge

Robbie went straight to the bathroom after graduation at the end of the movie; straight to the bathroom. Bruh couldn't wait until home.

Just now.

Effffffffffff

That movie.

Loved Ryan Gosling.

I'm way too jaded to have enjoyed that colossal piece of ***. If I actually give my full take on the whole movie, I can start an end my entire review with 3 very simple words: Love? Stupid. Crazy. That's it. That's the review of the movie.

If you guys are in awesome relationships and you love this movie because you love romcoms and everything, let me be quiet anlicet you live your best lives. I'm not cut for that ****, because...

... nah let me be quiet.

Robbie went straight to the bathroom after graduation at the end of the movie; straight to the bathroom. Bruh couldn't wait until home.

But the movie was awesome, right? The performances and situations were well done. The comedy was great. The relationship between Gosling and Carrell. The realness of a 25+ year relationship etc. (I'm at 27 myself)

Emma's best friend herself shoulda won an Oscar :lol:

779DD6CD-A4F8-47A0-8450-C84889EBDCB8.gif

BF827C48-73C4-4D1C-91D4-2C8B30CE39F5.gif

Bro I promise I'm not after anything sideways. 🤣

So a common psychological theme is the correlation between how we view water and our mothers. Obviously, there's water in all 3 of the scenes that you 2 quoted, but there's a specific element that I'm just curious about regarding those 3 scenes, and I'm wondering if you get along with your mother. :smile: No harm.
Very cool. Are you talking about rain? And yes, we get along great. What does it symbolize?

But Ultimately, I agree with Cali in that while we like those gifs, we love the movie visually at various moments from start to finish. Right from that beautiful green Warner Bros. logo

1685849796210.gif

And I LOVE The Shape of Water

But the movie was awesome, right?
You'll have better luck squeezing blood from a turnip. That movie is everything I hate about romcoms.

I think it's well chronicled how much I hate the horror genre overall with a few exceptions that you guys have put me on to. My 2nd least favorite genre is definitely romcoms. Hate them; HATE them. That movie is why.

You'll have better luck squeezing blood from a turnip. That movie is everything I hate about romcoms.

I think it's well chronicled how much I hate the horror genre overall with a few exceptions that you guys have put me on to. My 2nd least favorite genre is definitely romcoms. Hate them; HATE them. That movie is why.

Fair enough.

Hear me out with Gosling now, lets pivot. Fracture or Drive. Please find either.

Back
Top Bottom