Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Saw Oppenheimer in IMAX 70 mm yesterday at providence place. 10 am showing. My seat was F5 so I was to the right side. Wish I could upload a video I took showing just how large the screen was compared to the seating. I felt like an ant and Oppenheimer was a giant in some shots. And it was so crisp. I could see every pore on his skin. The first 5 minutes I was tripping out because there’s a montage with lots of quick shots and I felt like my brain/eyes couldn’t process everything because the screen was so large. I was thinking to myself like idk if I can watch this for 3 hrs :rofl: But I got used to it quick and my eyes adjusted. 10/10. Def best movie experience I’ve ever had. Need to see it at least one more time but sitting directly in the middle.
E8EFB6D2-B1C1-4FFD-B9A5-F7CA412B8E6D.jpeg

Literally how it felt watching it

2E9F885C-1BD7-4B44-A6B0-0A7610762498.jpeg
0D1C83E4-7C0C-4FE3-9204-E7A9A913C245.jpeg

For those of you that remember, I started the Batman trilogy with my son a couple weeks back, obviously with Batman Begins.

Oppenheimer yesterday.

The Dark Knight tonight.

Am I doing it right?

What movie has she elevated: Where you come away saying she was the best?
How many movies was she the star of or even supporting actress?

You want to see great acting from her go watch The Big C, Ozark, John Adams, Savages, etc.

To call her overrated seems misinformed or just dumb. Who or where is she being rated so highly? :nerd:

will he be a working actor again, or is he guilty no matter what, in the public eye? House of cards byke?
IMG_1845.jpeg
What does this one trial have to do with all of the other things he has done that can no longer be tried in court?

This like saying cuz Cosby was let out of prison he ain’t rape nobody :lol:

View attachment 3153721

I tried to tell yall in the Marvel thread.
every person i know who worked with this dude hates his guts. :lol:
Who cares tho? :lol:

Last edited:
She gets too many good parts for someone that has never come out as the best. Think of this guy

IMG_0172.jpeg

Joseph Quinn. Less screen time than the mains, but came away as the lightning sensation. Doja Cat was hitting him up.

I’ve never been like, “Laura Linney is the best thing in this.”

Which of these movies should I watch tonight: The Verdict (1982) or Cliffhanger (1993)?

John Wick 4
Buddies….
Caine, lol he was cold with the ding ding doorbell deals.
This World, man don’t cross paths with this crowd.

She gets too many good parts for someone that has never come out as the best. Think of this guy

IMG_0172.jpeg

Joseph Quinn. Less screen time than the mains, but came away as the lightning sensation. Doja Cat was hitting him up.

I’ve never been like, “Laura Linney is the best thing in this.”

Which of these movies should I watch tonight: The Verdict (1982) or Cliffhanger (1993)?
You just posted a ****ing nobody in comparison and name dropped Dojo Cat as if she matters at all :lol:

Laura Linney gets good parts cuz she is a good actor.

Watch The Verdict

You just posted a ****ing nobody in comparison and name dropped Dojo Cat as if she matters at all :lol:

Laura Linney gets good parts cuz she is a good actor.

Watch The Verdict
“She’s a good actor” is a great argument.

That “****ing nobody” is going to be in Gladiator 2 as one of the main supporting actors and is starring in the next Quiet Place movie with Lupita Nyong’o.

So ima go with Cliffhanger.

“She’s a good actor” is a great argument.
It’s not an argument. It’s the explanation.

You’re saying she gets too many good roles based off of what? What exactly are these roles? :nerd: Cuz it seems like regardless for you she doesn’t leave you saying she was the best actor when you’re done. So even after naming movies and tv shows where she was great you’re not going to agree anyway.

So there’s no point in me arguing it
That “****ing nobody” is going to be in Gladiator 2 as one of the main supporting actors and is starring in the next Quiet Place movie with Lupita Nyong’o.

So ima go with Cliffhanger.
Ah yes, Gladiator 2. A movie that shouldn’t be made but will be cuz Hollywood is bankrupt of creativity.

Still a ****ing nobody to me. The comparison still doesn’t make a my ****ing sense.

Like how did you think Linney even become a notable actor? She was in something. Ppl really liked it. Hollywood made note of it and then she was continued to be cast in more things.

I’m still waiting for where or who is rating so highly for her to be overrated.

1690422512537.gif

Have fun

Tell Pedro Pascal and Denzel that Gladiator 2 shouldn’t be made, Joseph Quinn as a supporting actor. That movie sounds like no one has signed on lmao

Laura Linney has never left a project as the best one aside from a damn TV show called The Big C which anyone can get nowadays. Trash second lead.

you’re asking me why they cast her that much? No that’s what I’m asking you :lol: don’t ask me for your argument

Reread my post. Cuz I definitely didn’t ask that :lol:

And again I don’t have an argument.

“You’re saying she gets too many good roles based off of what? What exactly are these roles

Like how did you think Linney even become a notable actor? She was in something. Ppl really liked it. Hollywood made note of it and then she was continued to be cast in more things.”

You’re asking me why do I think she got those roles here. That’s what I’m asking you, not what Hollywood took note of. And I’m saying every single notable movie or prestige TV, Ozark, Primal Fear, Mystic River, Dave, Love Actually, you didn’t come out saying she was the best thing. Usually, for prominent people that get roles repeatedly, there’s one performance you can look to and say, “He or she was the best.”

Tell Pedro Pascal and Denzel that Gladiator 2 shouldn’t be made, Joseph Quinn as a supporting actor. That movie sounds like no one has signed on lmao
Keep pretending sequels decades after the OG with some named actors slapped on it are the wave.

That’s another check for Denzel and most of the movies he’s been doing the past few years.
Laura Linney has never left a project as the best one aside from a damn TV show called The Big C which anyone can get nowadays. Trash second lead.
Again, the basis for your entire stance is flawed.

You said she was overrated. Who is overrating her? You said she gets too many good roles? What are these good roles? :nerd:

You’re speaking as if Laura Linney is some A-list multi nominated and multi academy award winner that is actually a fraud that isn’t actually a good actor.

If that’s how you feel just say that. You’d be wrong but I wouldn’t waste time arguing what you think is a good performance from her.

Jesus not worth it. She’s overrated because of the roles she gotten for three decades now, it doesn’t have to be Alan Sepinwell saying she’s good. It’s the actuality of the roles someone gets.

“You’re saying she gets too many good roles based off of what? What exactly are these roles

Like how did you think Linney even become a notable actor? She was in something. Ppl really liked it. Hollywood made note of it and then she was continued to be cast in more things.”

You’re asking me why do I think she got those roles here.
First I asked you what these roles are.

You still haven’t answered

You’re bringing up this other guy and talking about him being in Gladiator 2 as if those same circumstances aren’t how it usually happens for most actors who have careers in acting.

The thing is you didn’t like her acting in Primal Fear or Congo or w/e early movie she was in that was her big break that led to her being in more movies and tv shows.

It’s not like Laura Linney was getting nothing but leading lady roles in the 90s or something. She’s not even rated that highly to begin with.

That’s what makes a lot of your stance weird.

But yeah Dojo Cat.
Jesus not worth it. She’s overrated because of the roles she gotten for three decades now, it doesn’t have to be Alan Sepinwell saying she’s good. It’s the actuality of the roles someone gets.
This doesn’t make sense.

Cuz if that’s the case the majority of actors with a career past 5 years is overrated.

And then the word overrated doesn’t mean anything. That’s just the norm.

Last edited:
I literally named the movies since the 90s she’s in without being the best in. I can’t do this anymore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom