Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah I just don't think it's universal as a pre-req for liking paranormal movies, or a universal post-req for why you don't
If you're still commenting on what I said, that right there is not even in the ballpark of what I said.
Essentially I was taking about myself, something that dawned on me regarding why EYE don't enjoy devil/demon/spirit movies.
I know people look at them as biopics, not myth.
And they do. Like, that's not up for debate. A LOT of people, not some small, niche group.

Saw Dune 2 today.
I am, and I cannot overstate this,
S O C O N F U S E D.
I have all the questions, but I don't want a discussion that will spoil things.
Yes, saw Dune.
All the questions.

If you're still commenting on what I said, that right there is not even in the ballpark of what I said.
Essentially I was taking about myself, something that dawned on me regarding why EYE don't enjoy devil/demon/spirit movies.
I know people look at them as biopics, not myth.
And they do. Like, that's not up for debate. A LOT of people, not some small, niche group.
Man don't let other peoples misguided judgements or beliefs influence if you can enjoy a movie. Plenty of people hate Fast and Furious but do you think that stops C CP1708 from memorizing every new film word for word? Nah. Go into it with a clear conscience about it being some make believe along the lines of Star Wars and just sit back and take it in. People misconstrue films and music /constantly/. Dont let them ruin it for you.

If it sucks, it sucks. But not because some idiot in Bama or Idaho is lecturing a captive theater about the sins of man or w/e.

Road House (2024) is an above-average streaming watch. It does a pretty decent job of updating the story a bit, giving us many of the same beats, taking it a bit more seriously but really only by dropping the 80s camp for humor in a different way.

The first one is a cult classic for many reasons. Absurd lines, over-the-top villains, Dalton's ridiculous wardrobe, and the idea that bar bouncers are celebrities... plus Sam Elliott.

I'm glad they didn't try to capture what made that one such a classic but instead did their own thing. Adding in the UFC element made sense, Jake G is carrying the movie for most of the time, and the fight scenes are done well. You can tell care and attention was put into them, and I liked how they made it feel like an actual fight you were in, and some solid camera work. McGregor was a GTA villain (to steal from Reddit). He was pretty imposing as a villain, but his dialogue/voice was distracting and a weak point. Approaching it as a Western (directly said as much by characters) was interesting. I feel the movie needed to be a touch more serious or drop it down a bit and make it more over the top and silly. Worth a watch if you like Jake G, the OG, McGregor, solid action sequences, and are bored on a weeknight.

was suppose to ride a sandworm back to Arrakis today but missed my window. 4DX viewing was done and since there are new releases to cater the new movies, Dune 2s run on the 4DX is done. darn it. anyways, still have my free pass. might just use it for Furiosa instead.

That looks horrible, but watching the trailer gave me in epiphany.
I think a major reason why I hate devil/demon/spirit movies is because I know that people are watching it literally thinking that this *censored* could happen or is happening. I think people watch these as biopics, like me watching Winning Time or Bohemian Rhapsody.
Like, I enjoy the entire MCU, because I know none of that *censored* is real.
I know people watch stuff like this and apply it to bumps in the night that they can't explain so they think... this trailer.
😂😬🤦🏻‍♂️

You HATE something because of what YOU think other people think of said thing? Brother, this is not the way.

Saw Dune 2 today.
I am, and I cannot overstate this,
S O C O N F U S E D.
I have all the questions, but I don't want a discussion that will spoil things.
Yes, saw Dune.
All the questions.

there’s a 5 minute recap of dune 1 on youtube. highly highly recommend watching this. I would have been so confused by Dune 2 had i not seen it and understood the broader bigger picture of what was going on there.

Has anybody ever seen this film? Cast and screenshots makes me wanna check it out
IMG_3955.jpeg

You HATE something because of what YOU think other people think of said thing? Brother, this is not the way.
No.
That's an interesting interpretation, though.
We do this thing online where are we take what someone said, repackage it as something else, try to sell it back to them as what they said and then criticize them for our rewording of their words.
Wild. 😂

I'll check this out and get back to you jpzx jpzx Of course I don't have high expectations for any current horror movie but I need something to see this weekend :nerd:

And I won't get into the back and forth about the whole paranormal activity thing :lol:

But I will say, it is important to remember that occurrence has the ability to extend beyond one's belief.

Reactions: sb
No.
That's an interesting interpretation, though.
We do this thing online where are we take what someone said, repackage it as something else, try to sell it back to them as what they said and then criticize them for our rewording of their words.
Wild. 😂

It’s fun yes

I think a major reason why I hate devil/demon/spirit movies is because I know that people are watching it literally thinking that this *censored* could happen or is happening.

Man don't let other peoples misguided judgements or beliefs influence if you can enjoy a movie. Plenty of people hate Fast and Furious but do you think that stops C CP1708 from memorizing every new film word for word? Nah. Go into it with a clear conscience about it being some make believe along the lines of Star Wars and just sit back and take it in. People misconstrue films and music /constantly/. Dont let them ruin it for you.

If it sucks, it sucks. But not because some idiot in Bama or Idaho is lecturing a captive theater about the sins of man or w/e.

I, however, am a man of culture, and watch only the best of the best. Don't get yourself confused. :wink:

(He is right tho, Ska)

Have I missed any reviews of Road House?

Road House (2024) is an above-average streaming watch. It does a pretty decent job of updating the story a bit, giving us many of the same beats, taking it a bit more seriously but really only by dropping the 80s camp for humor in a different way.

The first one is a cult classic for many reasons. Absurd lines, over-the-top villains, Dalton's ridiculous wardrobe, and the idea that bar bouncers are celebrities... plus Sam Elliott.

I'm glad they didn't try to capture what made that one such a classic but instead did their own thing. Adding in the UFC element made sense, Jake G is carrying the movie for most of the time, and the fight scenes are done well. You can tell care and attention was put into them, and I liked how they made it feel like an actual fight you were in, and some solid camera work. McGregor was a GTA villain (to steal from Reddit). He was pretty imposing as a villain, but his dialogue/voice was distracting and a weak point. Approaching it as a Western (directly said as much by characters) was interesting. I feel the movie needed to be a touch more serious or drop it down a bit and make it more over the top and silly. Worth a watch if you like Jake G, the OG, McGregor, solid action sequences, and are bored on a weeknight.

was suppose to ride a sandworm back to Arrakis today but missed my window. 4DX viewing was done and since there are new releases to cater the new movies, Dune 2s run on the 4DX is done. darn it. anyways, still have my free pass. might just use it for Furiosa instead.
Yeah it's nice to be able to still catch these movies in theaters, but the tight window sometimes for premium formats stink

Ghostbusters was another solid release. They have done a great job balancing the new with the nostalgic. It might have been a few minutes long without anything happening, but was a very enjoyable watch. I hope they can do another. 5.5/8

Road House was better than I expected. If it wasn't for the name of the bar it wouldn't even really be connected. I didn't expect that. They went completely new and didn't just copycat the OG. Well done. A bit hokey, I struggled a lil on Dalton v Connor McGregor but I get it. Jake really is kind of a weird dude. :lol: This almost normalized him for me which says a lot. 5/8

Back
Top Bottom