Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bit of everything out rn outside of artsy/Oscar bait

Monkey Man for the John Wick action style fans.

Godzilla V Kong for Blockbuster flick fans.

Dune 2 might be the best Sci-Fi flick of the last decade.

Ghostbusters for families

All the Spideys are back in theaters right now for the CBM crowd.

Kung Fu Panda for the kids.

First Omen for horror buffs
I need to catch up this week..

Already saw..
Dune 2
Kung fu panda
Godzilla × Kong

I thought Dune 2 was mid. It was a visual masterpiece, but that’s about it for me. Side piece McStank face was such a waste of a high paying actress.

Still excited for Dune Messiah.

6/8

Man, I’m just being honest with myself. It blew me away in imax but there’s no reason for me to watch this again. In the realm of sci-fi it ranks right there with Prometheus for me.

Like if I consider the list of good sci-fi films, this film is nowhere near that. Maybe within the last 5 years. People ain’t standing up in the theater and cheering this. It won’t be quoted. It’ll be forgotten…..like……tears in the rain…..

But yeah, I think everyone should go see this in theaters. But chill with the all-timer talk lol. This ain’t near Fury Road, Alien(s), THE MATRIX, Terminator, Blade Runner, 2001, Fifth Element etc. Best I can do is Star Trek 09’, Star Wars 15’ type tier.

That 3rd Act Of Monkey Man… Wooooo

1712445522989.gif

Tobey Maguire
Charlize Theron
Michael Caine
Delroy Lindo
Kieran Culkin
Paul Rudd
Erykah Badu
And just for the helluvit: Heavy D & JK Simmons

EE-LEET movie I just saw.

I mean I saw this a looooong time ago, but holy hell.

Thats a big if after how much of a dud the 4th was. A co-worker was telling me how bad 4 was but I couldn't help myself and was very disappointed even with low expectations. But yea no one asked for this...
they tried to do that empowerment b.s. again. that's what led to the the failure.

Was thrifting today and found a crate full of media and production pamphlets from a person that obviously attended movie premiers or worked in Hollywood in some way.

The books had a ton of production info. Would be cool if I had some sort of film memorabilia collection.
IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4019.gif

Edit* damn can’t even tag the homie Bronson anymore :frown:

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 48
Today. I was always intrigued by the series but never wanted to take the plunge and watch six seasons...that's a tall order for a soap opera :lol:

1712521581695.png

Also, I never realized that vampires are inherently bi-sexual until I listened to that Eli Roth/Tarantino interview. A lot of things make sense now

Monkey Man

it was very entertaining. Amazing visuals, fun action sequences. tons of style.

the story was a little rough, some of the editing choices...im not sure I agree with.

You can tell the movie was like reworked a ton in post...but ultimately it's def worth seeing.

Was already sold when they announced the cast + scenario but now I've gotta watch this even more :lol:

Can't take the opinions of studios too seriously these days with the stuff they greenlight and don't. The few times they land on certified bangers are often accidentally.

Hard to picture a lot of what are considered classics now, even being made or greenlit by these ultra-risk averse studio heads nowadays who live and die by existing IP's.

Last edited:
Wait just the marketing? Wild. a 200+ mill experiment. It's your money but sheesh, folks starving out here. Plus I can't act like I wouldn't fund expensive pet projects if I had it.

Wait just the marketing? Wild. a 200+ mill experiment. It's your money but sheesh, folks starving out here. Plus I can't act like I wouldn't fund expensive pet projects if I had it.
Yea it's his passion project that he was sitting on the idea for 45 years. Apparently he already pumped in 120M to get it made, had to sell a lot of his wine business in the process.

He was expecting a studio to fund 80-100m for the marketing budget but they're scared. Money better spent on Matrix 5 or more nostalgia bait prequels/reboots to decades old series I suppose :lol: >D

Was already sold when they announced the cast + scenario but now I've gotta watch this even more :lol:

Can't take the opinions of studios too seriously these days with the stuff they greenlight and don't. The few times they land on certified bangers are often accidentally.

Hard to picture a lot of what are considered classics now, even being made or greenlit by these ultra-risk averse studio heads nowadays who live and die by existing IP's.

Bro I just watched a vid on the details on this movie. It’s gone be INSANE if it gets made. So FFC is like Uber wealthy. But the bulk of his fortune comes from wine. He’s made far more money from his winery than he’s made in his film career. Dude sold his wine company for $500 milly and it’s rumored that he wants to use ALL of that money for the film. He wants it to be his lasting legacy. I don’t care how experimental the film is, it HAS to get made.

If Spielberg, Nolan, QT, Spike Lee, Fincher, say they want to make 1 last movie and the budget is “name your price” then you do whatever it takes to get it made :lol:

Back
Top Bottom