Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anti-trust laws effectively being toothless is also a big issue these days...we see it's effects magnified in the film industry

It doesn't look like it's gonna change anytime soon either, just look at the rumors of Sony buying up Paramount this week :lol: :smh:

My small theater I been goin to for 25+ years is a Coming Attractions theater. A couple weeks ago IMDB stopped listing it as near my house. (It's literally 5 minutes away) I asked the theater about it today, they said it's because Coming Attractions might be going out of business soon. :frown:

I told them I will try to come more often...... (They laughed, they see me 2-3 times a week :lol: )

Opening day today for Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.......I sat in the theater alone. :frown: :smh:
Loved the movie tho. Everyone was great. I believe some in this thread would call Eiza a butta face. Those people are stupid. Imo, of course. No offense. She is 🔥🔥🔥 :lol:

Now I'm going back to see Abigail with my daughter. :smokin

Abigail was pretty decent.

For one, seeing Angus one final time. :frown:

Two, seeing Melissa Berrera again. :pimp:

Decent setup/lore building, had a very Eli Roth vibe to it, very small cast but allowed each member to get time. If this film does a smidge of business I could see a sequel. It's not elite or anything but it was fun.

Sadly.......my daughter and I the only two in the theater, opening day. :frown: ****

5.5/8

^Abigail was cool. had some :lol: moments
they showed it in the smaller auditorium and there were a handful of people

Opening day today for Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.......I sat in the theater alone. :frown: :smh:
Loved the movie tho. Everyone was great. I believe some in this thread would call Eiza a butta face. Those people are stupid. Imo, of course. No offense. She is 🔥🔥🔥 :lol:
They're... blind then.

This is a movie few will see and everyone should see. Crazy. Henry Cavill used to be a one-track Superman dude for me... his laughing at unexpected moments and command of the screen in this :oo

I was overwhelmed by how much I liked it.

Just watched

1713591290914.jpeg

I dug it and it’s more smartly written that it lets on

I am beyond excited for Hit man. Powell is a star and Linklater is absolutely one of my favorite directors

I'm on a very long stretch for work so I've been missing out on some movies but my next days off I might do a couple of double features so I can catch up

Does Grey get a bad rep?
If you like it and enjoy it, who cares what people think :lol:
Show was on the air for 20 years, so clearly there’s a ton of people who like it a lot. Wifey and I watched the first couple seasons when it first dropped, but lost interest.

A little too melodramatic for my taste. My wife was working as nurse in a hospital back then and eventually got turned off by what she views as a lack of realism in the medical content.

All that said, I can say objectively that it was a well made show and I get why it had a devoted fan base.

Well damn!!! I forced myself to watch the whole thing. I love love love the 1999 Matt Damon version, so I didn’t want to ruin that for me.

I did enjoy the series but I hated a few artistic choices. For one, I don’t agree with the creators decision to film entirely in black and white. His reason was that he thought vibrant colors didn’t match the tone of the Tom Ripley character. I think being filmed in one of the most vibrant colorful cities in the world is a shame. It was distracting. I found myself trying to use my imagination to paint the scenes, and that took me out of the story a bit. There were some epic b&w still shots, I agree. But SOME of the colors needed to be seen.

Another distraction was the character of Freddie. In the film, it was the legendary Phillip Seymour Hoffman. They went full 180 and went with a nepo baby non-binary. And while I’m all for inclusion, I just don’t think they were any good at acting. For such an important and charismatic character, it needed more talent in the role. Felt gimmicky.

Anyways it was a solid viewing. Shows you the exact happenings from the film, but also a backstory on how Tom Ripley became who he became in the film. And also the events after Dickie………disappears.

It’s slow and meticulous, but pretty rewarding if you liked the movie. I have a lot of questions and discussions stewing in my brain. Might have to visit the Netflix thread unless you guys get through it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom