Oh wow...my gf broke up w/me bc her grand parents don't approve of interracial relationships.

sorry but that sounds a little off to me (if that makes sense)

Honestly, i think it's possible that she just said that to you as an excuse to break up.
Obviously, I don't know the girl but the way you describe the situation sounds iffy to me. Like there was something more to it.

sorry but that sounds a little off to me (if that makes sense)

Honestly, i think it's possible that she just said that to you as an excuse to break up.
Obviously, I don't know the girl but the way you describe the situation sounds iffy to me. Like there was something more to it.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

My on again, off again broke it off for good because she couldn't deal with her family being mad at her for dating a brotha. Wow, I'm flabbergasted, at a loss for words. The last time we broke up it was because her grand parents ( on her father side) didn't approve of her dating a black man. Okay, so she's off at grad school and everything is going fine with us, but once she goes back home this pandora's box of sorts opens up. Apparently, her father has been having sleepless nights over this. Her mother thinks it's best to just break it off. I understand how something like this can tear a family apart (her racist grand parents didn't even attend their nieces wedding and have stopped speaking to her altogether; I can only imagine how they'd treat their grand daughter).

A part of me wants to scream to the heavens how life is not fair and how I thought we were more accepting of people since this is the 2010; another part of me wants to laugh at just how outrageous this is - my skin color of all things immediately and outright making me an unfit suitor for their grand daughter. It's really a shame when my skin color predetermines who I can and can't be with. And even though I know I'm black, I consider myself a person first. This is in West Virginia, if it matters.

What can you do? What the %*@+ can you do?

Fin.

What's her ethnicity sir?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

My on again, off again broke it off for good because she couldn't deal with her family being mad at her for dating a brotha. Wow, I'm flabbergasted, at a loss for words. The last time we broke up it was because her grand parents ( on her father side) didn't approve of her dating a black man. Okay, so she's off at grad school and everything is going fine with us, but once she goes back home this pandora's box of sorts opens up. Apparently, her father has been having sleepless nights over this. Her mother thinks it's best to just break it off. I understand how something like this can tear a family apart (her racist grand parents didn't even attend their nieces wedding and have stopped speaking to her altogether; I can only imagine how they'd treat their grand daughter).

A part of me wants to scream to the heavens how life is not fair and how I thought we were more accepting of people since this is the 2010; another part of me wants to laugh at just how outrageous this is - my skin color of all things immediately and outright making me an unfit suitor for their grand daughter. It's really a shame when my skin color predetermines who I can and can't be with. And even though I know I'm black, I consider myself a person first. This is in West Virginia, if it matters.

What can you do? What the %*@+ can you do?

Fin.

What's her ethnicity sir?

Same thing happened to my friend who is black and he was going out with this Asian chick and her grandparents said they would disown her if she continued to go out with my friend so they broke up

Same thing happened to my friend who is black and he was going out with this Asian chick and her grandparents said they would disown her if she continued to go out with my friend so they broke up

Imma tell yall now....The OP is NOT black. The #%@$ outta here. Didnt you say you was Asian before? Stop lying

Imma tell yall now....The OP is NOT black. The #%@$ outta here. Didnt you say you was Asian before? Stop lying

She's white.

I'm sure this is the only reason she broke it off. She was torn, but what had to be done, had to be done.

And to the poster above, I have nothing against "sistas", I just fell for someone outside of my race.

I may do it again. This won't change how I approach love in the least bit.

Thanks for all of the input.

She's white.

I'm sure this is the only reason she broke it off. She was torn, but what had to be done, had to be done.

And to the poster above, I have nothing against "sistas", I just fell for someone outside of my race.

I may do it again. This won't change how I approach love in the least bit.

Thanks for all of the input.

sucks for you but you take your ball and move on ..that just how life is black man gets no love period

sucks for you but you take your ball and move on ..that just how life is black man gets no love period

Originally Posted by you go boy

she sounds wack anyway

laugh.gif
 how

Back
Top Bottom