OK so Drakes first week sales are 460k...

Well considering the album leaked about 3 weeks in advance, and in this climate, 460K is a great first week.

Well considering the album leaked about 3 weeks in advance, and in this climate, 460K is a great first week.

Just because someone drops what you are expecting doesn't make it good. They must exceed expectations... For me it exceeded expectation for only a good album.. Not a great album..I was expecting average/ok from it..

But from expectations of the 700 page thread for Drake..It should have been a classic to the way some people here and everywhere hyped him up, and it just wasn't that...

By no circumstances is it a flop..I think anything over 100k is not a flop and exceptions for under that for some people..

Btw, I really do hate Karaoke.... Fancy I kind of enjoy but I know why people hate it..

Just because someone drops what you are expecting doesn't make it good. They must exceed expectations... For me it exceeded expectation for only a good album.. Not a great album..I was expecting average/ok from it..

But from expectations of the 700 page thread for Drake..It should have been a classic to the way some people here and everywhere hyped him up, and it just wasn't that...

By no circumstances is it a flop..I think anything over 100k is not a flop and exceptions for under that for some people..

Btw, I really do hate Karaoke.... Fancy I kind of enjoy but I know why people hate it..

Originally Posted by dstn4fme1

all that money behind him and to do 460? that is a flop IMO but nevertheless i like the album. its thorough. just my 2cents
All what money?  40 produced 85% of the album by himself and had a hand in the other 15%.  It was also mixed in house.  Everything, I mean EVERYTHING was done in house, just as his past mixtapes were. 

Ya'll _'s is
laugh.gif
to me.

Originally Posted by dstn4fme1

all that money behind him and to do 460? that is a flop IMO but nevertheless i like the album. its thorough. just my 2cents
All what money?  40 produced 85% of the album by himself and had a hand in the other 15%.  It was also mixed in house.  Everything, I mean EVERYTHING was done in house, just as his past mixtapes were. 

Ya'll _'s is
laugh.gif
to me.

Depending on how much was spent on making the album, 460k could very well be a flop. As far as sales go, that was a very fair album release no matter what the specifics (hype, debut, etc.).

Depending on how much was spent on making the album, 460k could very well be a flop. As far as sales go, that was a very fair album release no matter what the specifics (hype, debut, etc.).

Aside from all the hype, how many new artists in the rap game are gonna do anything close to 460K in today's market?

Aside from all the hype, how many new artists in the rap game are gonna do anything close to 460K in today's market?

Back
Top Bottom