OK, What's To Be Done About WorldStarHipHop?

The creation of the World Wide Web attracted so many people to use computers. Facebook brought so many people to the internet. And once people saw their first ignorant/conspiracy/propaganda/celebrity video, they were hooked on a new form of crack. Truthfully, If it wasn't for the Facebook explosion, I wonder if Worldstar would have the success it has today. The fact of the matter is, SOCIETY LOVES CONTROVERSY. It can't be stopped!

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Well, in that case, your main issue seems to be the platform, which in a sense is baseless, can the same teen not upload a video on twitter? Facebook? Or youtube? I mean, really I hate to go the camron route, but where are the parents? Atleast its original.
See the light through the tunnel, the issue isn't world star, the issue is kids having access to world star, which last time I checked was on who? I am all about positive influences, but I am all for amendments as well. 

Their parents are too busy looking at WSHH, to do any actual parenting.

Or, in plenty of other cases...
...working.
At the end of the day, it's a purely philosophical/socio-economical question:
Do you want your kids to live in a society where this is allowed? 

In our society, our constitution states that there is freedom of speech, religion and press, where one can argue that it is deteriorating our country. Yeah it's great to have the freedom to search these sites, but at what cost? 

The same people who value their freedom on the internet are the ones creating backlash against sites like WorldStarHipHop. You can only do so much. If you don't like it, you have the freedom to not look at it. 

To the OP, if you feel so strongly against WSHH, coming on Niketalk to complain about it won't do much. Call your congressman/Senator and support the SOPA or CISPA bill. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Worldstar isn't the problem. 
Shut it down...and ILP will become even more popular.  Or another 3 sites will pop up the same day. 

The issue is with people who seek & create the content.

All Worldstar is, is a platform.  And to be to quite frankly honest...I don't blame the dude Q for getting that paper off something that someone else would have done anyway.
I agree to a point.
but in an interview Q said he has extorted (and enjoyed it) a teenage girl to take her video down.

seems like he enjoys posting videos he knows people don't want up (some as the dumb snitch on themselves directors, some as the unsuspecting prey)
That's foul. 
I don't have an issue with creating a platform.  But extorting someone (a teenager) is 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Well, in that case, your main issue seems to be the platform, which in a sense is baseless, can the same teen not upload a video on twitter? Facebook? Or youtube? I mean, really I hate to go the camron route, but where are the parents? Atleast its original.
See the light through the tunnel, the issue isn't world star, the issue is kids having access to world star, which last time I checked was on who? I am all about positive influences, but I am all for amendments as well. 
Agreed.

And like it was said before, just stop going to the site if you think it's that bad.  If the site doesn't get hits or views, it will slowly die. 

But the funny thing to me are the NT'ers on their moral high-horses fronting like they don't go to the site or others that are just as bad or worse.  It's always interesting to see folks on NT post youtube vids of things that are specifically shown on WSHH
laugh.gif

Justice Cage concurring in part,
Low brow entertainment will always be a part of American culture - that I won't deny...

...like I said, I watched the same activities everyday on "Jerry Springer" back when I was in high school - and as you mentioned, "Cops" was no different.

However, those shows were comprised of legal adults - even the spoiled teens on Maury are accompanied by their terrible parents.

Couple days back I saw a video on WSHH of a 7th grade girl fighting the mother of one of her classmates...

...think about that for a second.

Minor children taping their fights and uploading them to WSHH for the whole world to see...

...so it's safe to say that those children are not only familiar with the site, they frequent it quite often.

Here's the problem: the site also contains explicit material that's only a click away behind a bull @$!$ "Are You 18?" prompt...

...so in a sense WSHH is one-stop shop for minor children to be exposed to filth and have their own filth exploited.

What's stopping a child from going to the site to see his classmates fighting and then clicking a video of woman +%*%+$#$ in a man's mouth?

Nothing.

And you made a lot of good points....specifically the one about people enjoying low-brow entertainment. 

However, I think this isn't moreso a WSHH problem, but mostly an INTERNET problem.  You bring up the "Are You 18?" prompt, but there are countless other filthy sites out there that do the same thing.  WSHH, as bad as it may seem, isn't breaking any rules. 

I get as much enjoyment watching a wshh fight that I do watching a UFC fight...
laugh.gif

It's all entertainment...

Like others have said... Raise your Children correctly, Problem solved...

i'm more mad that I dont own the site 
laugh.gif
i mean its basic and its certainly not the first or last of its kind but it caught on like wildfire and some young people are getting paid off it-

exploitation of ignorance? yea...but at the end of the day like most have said its just a platform...if it wasnt them it would be another site

i'm still trying to figure out how this internet phenomena works - it has to be more than just luck/grind or whatever...like twitter, facebook, tumblr, instagram are heavy right now but it would be laughable to tell somebody to hit your migente or myspace or hi5 page
laugh.gif
people replicate the same ideas or take pieces of ones that were already out and then bam they spread and become a part of the culture- crazy to me

WSHH is just the most popular unifying platform available on the internet; remove it and it'll be replaced just as quickly.

There is a strong demand for that low brow material and there's nothing we can really do about that. But it's not my belief that the internet notoriety and general demand for that kind of content is causing so much violence; that's been there from the start. The prospect of e-fame overnight I'm sure is tempting but I don't think it's enough to explain the violence in the sheer quantity that we see it.

In my opinion, WSHH and sites like it expose serious issues in the African American community. The level of violence and conflict that we see as routinely as we do is not normal in any sense. Some are afraid to say it for fear of being called racist, but these conflicts are symptoms of more serious issues in the black community in America that need to be addressed.

Most people don’t like it when I say this.  It makes them angry.  In the “era of colorblindness

haven't been on worldstar in a long time but if thats what they're posting now I'm glad i haven't i thought it was ridiculous before but dam...

on some depraved level, it's genius for whoever owns it to profit off the stupidity of others.

i've never visited it though. not my thing.

op is referring to this video? hahaha that's messed up 4real.

Ratchetness in this video is crazy

OP you are whats wrong with everything going on in this World today. You are searching for a scapegoat, while turning a blind eye to the root of the problem. I have said this before, sites like Worldstar only display what us as human beings are doing, if we never partook in these acts then they wouldn't have anything to post. Simple enough. But you would rather find something to point the finger at, just like in our schools instead of blame the parent(s) we put the blame on our teachers, and so on....

Originally Posted by MonStar1

ya'll are missing the point. Youtube doesn't advertise or market hood videos. Its all based on your viewer history if you are a signed in. WSHH showcases these videos. Thats not good for anybody. Also Youtube has rules and guidelines. I seen a chick get a train ran on her on WSHH but you cant see that on Youtube maybe Dailymotion. But once again if a hood video is on youtube or dailymotion its one of millions. If its on WSHH then its showcased and highlighted.

WSHH is the same as drugs in the black community.

That's a spot on analysis of it. I had never watched a WSHH vid until I started seeing loads of them referenced on here, and the only ones I even really watch
myself are Wakengo/booty vids
laugh.gif

One I came across and watched in disgust was that UCA (Central Ark) frat party where those girls were stomping all over this other girl, and that's only cause

I have friends who either went there and were telling me about it. That site strictly goes after that demographic, and is a haven for racist bigots to [nearly] confirm

their views.

worldstar was designed to make black people look terrible, i seen some wild %@#% on there from fights , to women sucking !%$$@ while on the phone with their husbands, at my college all you see is people using all the computers not for school work but to watch wshh, it was entertaining at first but now, nah b, do white people even watch world star?

I literally have NOT typed in worldstarhiphop in my browser in over 2 years.

I've been preaching this to people in real life, like my boys - and they laugh at me calling me soft, "you can't handle these videos"
indifferent.gif
. That's not even the point. Nothing beneficial comes out of watching ignorance, and allowing a company like WSHH to profit off of.

I despise WSHH. I don't support any exploiting of unnecessary humiliation, such as the video OP was referring too.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Only one thing you can really do. Stop going to the site. I havent been there in years
Thats all I can think of.

Not sure, but gotta believe some of these things would have happen regardless if there was a camera or not so I would think with the videos, maybe some of these people are at least getting arrested for their actions.

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

worldstar was designed to make black people look terrible, i seen some wild %@#% on there from fights , to women sucking !%$$@ while on the phone with their husbands, at my college all you see is people using all the computers not for school work but to watch wshh, it was entertaining at first but now, nah b, do white people even watch world star?

Most large internet forums that allow that kind of content have a dedicated WSHH threads filled with nothing but vids and hateful racial remarks.

I have never went to Worldstar... only clicked a few videos I saw posted on here.

This thread REALLY peaked my curiosity, so I just went on.

The first video I saw was of a 100 year old woman riding shotgun in a car playing with a young boys @#&*

This CANNOT be real life 
tired.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

To piggyback off of what MoMatik is saying, you can also find those SAME hateful remarks on youtube.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

Most large internet forums that allow that kind of content have a dedicated WSHH threads filled with nothing but vids and hateful racial remarks.
yeah forgot about that
30t6p3b.gif

WOW that girl got her !+% whooped
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
But i've seen worse.

Dudes are funny btw. The internet cant and shouldnt be censored in any way. WSHH is a legit business.

I'm never having kids btw
laugh.gif
Its a cold world

Back
Top Bottom