Oldboy (2013) has an interesting cast

Just checked the IMDB and found some interesting actors.

Christopher Moltisanti and Benny Fazio (my man from Doogie Howser MD)

Lieutenant Daniels from The Wire

Ziggy! (The Wire)

The youngest Olsen sister

Some chick from WWE

and of course, Samuel L. and Brolin

That's pretty much it. Kinda weird, no? I know that movie didn't have many characters but the supporting actors are barely even  C-list. I have faith in Spike Lee to put his touch on it.

Last edited:
Wah wah Hollywood is remaking another movie, get over it. It happens and sometimes it's good. 

If a movie isn't an ensemble, a C list supporting cast isn't a big deal at all. And "the youngest Olsen sister" is going to be a star, she'll likely be great.

Here's how it works.

Best case scenario: Spike does his thing and provides an interesting interpretation and it's well received. But people still complain it's not as good as the original

Worst cast scenario: It's terrible and people get to cry about Hollywood "ruining" their favorite movies.

Either way, people get to complain

Last edited:
It's Spike Lee though. At least he will put his twist on it.

Look at what he did with 25th Hour. From what I've read he made some tweaks from the book and it was a helluva movie for me.

That so called Olsen sister is actually a pretty great actress, dont discount all of it so quickly.

Spike Lee 
frown.gif

Is there an interview with Spike Lee stating why he wants to remake this movie?

Seems like a weird choice for a Hollywood remake.

The young Olsen sister looks nice :smokin.

Wonder what the twist will be at the end? They might take it a different direction. Or maybe make it his long lost mother who was young when she had him and abandoned him :x :x :x.

When they were thinking of having Will Smith star in it, they should'v'e cast his daughter. :lol:

I recently watched Old Boy, movie was ****** up.

I Saw The Devil was probably more ****** up.

Any other movies on Netflix like this?

I recently watched Old Boy, movie was ****** up.

I Saw The Devil was probably more ****** up.

Any other movies on Netflix like this?
I think those are part of a trilogy the director made. There's one more I can't remember that I also have to watch.

If it ain broke don't fix it. Damn you Hollywood.

Any new news on how they plan to ruin The Raid?

I think those are part of a trilogy the director made. There's one more I can't remember that I also have to watch.

the trilogy is sympathy for mr vengeance, sympathy for lady vengeance( ive heard it both ways), and oldboy.

Anyway, Im not sure why you guys are upset. The movie is probably for people who havent seen the original, which is a majority of the US. I wonder if theyll do the hallway fight scene

Last edited:
ugh, hollywood doesn't create new movies anymore . . . they just copy of overseas or reboot old movies . . .

ugh, hollywood doesn't create new movies anymore . . . they just copy of overseas or reboot old movies . . .
I've stopped complaining about since that's just how it is now. I just want well done movies but a lot of movies now are just crap. I don't know if Hollywood is just lacking talented writers or they just don't want to give them a chance.

Just saw the trailer for I saw the devil. Looks damn good. Whats so jacked up about it tho?

Old Boy looks legit tho! 8)

Back
Top Bottom