Oldboy (2013) has an interesting cast

i prefer Michael Bay to rape my favorite movies.
Lol
I just can't get with the "Americanized" remakes of korean or Japanese flicks
The eye
The ring
Now this
If they do Sympathy for Mr. Or Lady Vengence( Old Boy is part of the Vengence series) I will just die
Hell even the blatant ripe off that is The Hunger Games still irritates me...
Even though Spike is that dude, I can't get jiggy with this

but Mr vengeance isnt even that original really. Just a kidnapping gone awry. Now Lady vengeance sure.

And the Hunger games is based off the book. While yes, thats a blatant rip of Battle Royale( author refuses to dmit it), it isnt like Hollywood hired a screenwriter to steal the idea. The books are popular, itd be dumb not to make movies

Its more of a bastardized version of The Running Man (which she does say she got the idea from) and Battle Royale

I thought the original Korean version was a damn good flick. Although its not quite a movie I'm pressed to see periodically, I do highly recommend seeing it at least once.

From the trailer it looks like Spike is keeping it as close to the Korean version as possible.

Kinda find it interesting that Tarantino was a big fan of the original and here Spike is doing an American remake (it would've been hilarious if Jamie Foxx was Oh Dae Su)  :lol:

well originally it was speculated that Will smith was supposed to be the main character. But Will isnt the kind of actor to step too far out of his lane and try something like that. Same way he turned down Django

Will Smith was attached to this film when Steven Spielberg was mentioned as the possible director (2008?) but dropped out after Spielberg never came through.

When Spike was tapped to helm the film, Christian Bale was originally going to do it but backed out & it fell to Brolin.

Some folks don't like the misses Spike Lee has put out there but his hits are great. Do The Right Thing & Malcolm X notwithstanding, Lee has also proven himself with films like The 25th Hour & Inside Man.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

Last edited:
Been a minute since this thread was bumped. The premiere was on Monday. Tried getting tickets by signing up for the 40 Acres e-mail list but didn't win. Surprised that nothing has been written regarding impressions.

Been a minute since this thread was bumped. The premiere was on Monday. Tried getting tickets by signing up for the 40 Acres e-mail list but didn't win. Surprised that nothing has been written regarding impressions.
im thinking hollywood mad at him for his kickstarter campaign
i havent seen any promotion since he did that

Last edited:
Any more reviews?? Stick a fork in spike if this a dud, he haven't made a good movie since the early 90s

I thought it was ok. Brolin did a good job. They made some slight changes for reasoning, which to me threw it off. Of course it couldn't be as violent with the original with the MPAA.

I think Lee has been officially black balled in Hollywood
no type of promotion for this movie at all

the only time I saw anyone speaking of it as far as TV 

was when he was with Oprah when he was speaking
on how him and Tyler perry made peace 
and him and Sam Jackson are cool again
out of all the theaters in my city only three are showing this movie

more so i want to know where all the Spike Lee fans

are that was defending him and his views on Django

where yall at now fam 
grin.gif

I thought it was ok. Brolin did a good job. They made some slight changes for reasoning, which to me threw it off. Of course it couldn't be as violent with the original with the MPAA.
Im still going to heck it out im just kinda disappointed 

on the release not being that big 

I think Lee has been officially black balled in Hollywood

no type of promotion for this movie at all
the only time I saw anyone speaking of it as far as TV 
was when he was with Oprah when he was speaking

on how him and Tyler perry made peace 

and him and Sam Jackson are cool again

out of all the theaters in my city only three are showing this movie
more so i want to know where all the Spike Lee fans
are that was defending him and his views on Django
where yall at now fam >D

What does Spike and Django have to do with this?

He also complimented 12 Years and said it was the best movie of the year and how OUR story should have been told. Which I totally agree with.

This movie was never supposed to be a big budget movie. It's based around rape and violence.

What does Spike and Django have to do with this?

He also complimented 12 Years and said it was the best movie of the year and how OUR story should have been told. Which I totally agree with.

This movie was never supposed to be a big budget movie. It's based around rape and violence.
what does 12 years a slave have to do with this

anyway I still think that dude as a director is getting black balled

and has no backing in Hollywood
and just because of the content of the films doesn't mean a damn

thing i seen movies with more ****** up story lines get more promotion then this film

and back to what you asked the reason why I even said Django was because

when Lee made comments about the film it was plenty of people in that thread defending lee i simply asked where are those

same dudes at now since Lee has a new film out

dont understand where your confusion comes from but whatever (shoulder shrug)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom