Olympic athlete banned from participating because of racist joke on Twitter

Voula-Papachristou-2.jpg

voula%20papachristou.jpg

she can call me whatever she wants lol.

Im pretty sure that dude is talking about acting like a professional.

look at his statement above the pic of the spaniards

voula-papachristou-tweet-.jpeg

replay that dumbass. im glad they made an example out of her. your a professional, act like it.
spanish-basketball-racist.jpg

remember THIS in bejing? your an olympian, set an example. I feel the same way about the USA team acting arrogant and over celebrating during the friendlies. act like a professional
Good point about team USA....clearly, racial insensitivity is the same as acting arrogant. 

take it easy, my point if you look back is that Olympians have a privilege and should act like professionals.

Not referring to that. I'm talking about his assessment of TEAM USA.

How do you act professional? How do you "over-celebrate"?

Sounds like somebody took their old grade school's coach about sportsmanship a little too much to heart.

Last edited:
A lot of Olympians are humble people and I'm glad she got taken care of. She sounds very selfish about the situation.

i agree. some olympians are trashmen and women or janitors and they manage to find the time to train. i think those with money forget the fact that they're blessed to be there.... thats why im happy dwayne wade is at home baking "bom" cakes instead of with the team in London.

Dwyane_Wade_Bom_Cake_medium.png

clown. there are people that would kill to be Olympians. and this dude is complaining that they're not getting paid enough and bakin cakes out here and this chick is slandering the motherland :smh:

Not referring to that. I'm talking about his assessment of TEAM USA.

How do you act professional? How do you "over-celebrate"?

Sounds like somebody took their old grade school's coach about sportsmanship a little too much to heart.

lol maybe, but to answer your question if your serious about a mature dialogue about this, i feel as though holding the bench back after an alley-oop when your up 40 is acting immature and unprofessional. you can clap and cheer your guys on but when you reach your arms out as if your holding your teammates back like from running on the floor after a dunk like your in the drew league this summer and not the OLYMPICS, that's when i think your over celebrating.

its just my opinion you dont have to agree. but if your representing the USA act like you've been there before. why can't we kick *** and be professional about it. theres no need to spike the football you know? thats what i meant.

Define professional. Because to to me it sounds like you're throwing out one of those cliche terms w/ no real basis behind it.

What is a professional way to celebrate?

as a black man I think this is taking the whole PC-thing too far. Let her compete, this is censorship on another level.

i agree. some olympians are trashmen and women or janitors and they manage to find the time to train. i think those with money forget the fact that they're blessed to be there.... thats why im happy dwayne wade is at home baking "bom" cakes instead of with the team in London.
Dwyane_Wade_Bom_Cake_medium.png

clown. there are people that would kill to be Olympians. and this dude is complaining that they're not getting paid enough and bakin cakes out here and this chick is slandering the motherland
mean.gif
You sound uninformed and foolish.  Wade is recovering from knee surgery but he should give up his PT just to be in London w/ everyone else?  What the hell kind of sense are you making? 

Define professional. Because to to me it sounds like you're throwing out one of those cliche terms w/ no real basis behind it.

I'd love to hear homie's definition of that as well. 

Last edited:
as a black man I think this is taking the whole PC-thing too far. Let her compete, this is censorship on another level.

As a black man i disagree with you. You have to think about the context in which it was said. If a white Olympian said a similar racial comment in the US, things would have maybe been worse. It would have been a huge public outrage.

People need to stop being so sensitive.

Legitimately the most over used, and misused term on NT when ever it comes to a race thread. Always one person no matter how bad the situation looks that says " People are too sensitive now a days". At what point does the sensitive defense not work?

These types of opinions are becoming more prevalent throughout financial strapped areas in Europe where African immigrants seem to stay.

From her response to the banning, she deserved it.

thats a clown question and i'm not interested in taking the bait.

While there may not be a such thing as professional celebration that your asking for, there is a such thing as excessive celebration and that's my only point to tie this back into the original topic. To celebrate excessively, to mock another culture, to act an *** is unprofessional and immature and not worthy of Olympic opportunity. which is why I believe its fine that she's not able to participate.

The USA basketball team has carried themselves in a great manner and represented the nation to the best of their ability....yet Wade gets labeled a clown and lumped in with European's that are blatantly belittling the humanity of other ethnic groups.

Dude has broken down his body to rep his country for free and still gets venom spit at him, while chilling at home, recovering and baking a cake :lol: :smh:

And i'm all for free speech but the Olympics are all about global brotherhood and the friendly competition as a means of bonding...these statements spit in the face of that whole premise.

The ban was warranted IMO.

Last edited:
thats a clown question and i'm not interested in taking the bait.
While there may not be a such thing as professional celebration that your asking for, there is a such thing as excessive celebration and that's my only point to tie this back into the original topic. To celebrate excessively, to mock another culture, to act an *** is unprofessional and immature and not worthy of Olympic opportunity. which is why I believe its fine that she's not able to participate.

And how has the USA basketball team celebrated more extremely than any other team?

Spain was trying to start fights in the last exhibition game and team USA remained calm and professional...no one said a thing.

You're reaching and looking thirsty to criticize NBA players in the process.

Back
Top Bottom