On Jan 31, the Sole Collector forums will be shut down

they look aite... but the resell on those is crazy for no reason lol

They are limited to 400 pairs and have their number out of 400 stitched on each pair. I think I have #144/400. Anyway, they were only available to the people waiting in line for the event and it turned out to be the last event (Finals).

Faux lizard panels, 3M interior panels and commemorative keychain were a nice touch. My only regret is not getting a t shirt of that night.

Last edited:
389264_v1.gif
A1 response of the decade

Miss the forums. Had thousands o posts, was a mod, a usergroup leader (wanderlust) haha fun times
I remember that group. Team “Strictly Vintage” & “The Dreams” right here. Never changed my username, haha.

Last edited:
Never stepped foot over there once.

NT >

Same... never messed with their forums.

Been NT only for my sneaker stuff.

I did go to their site once though and they were asking way over going prices for some kicks I was like damn.

I didn't even know they had a forum until I saw dudes on NT roasting them over there :lol:

Some cool peeps migrated over from them though, well at least the ones that admit it, but there are some that came from ISS and they reek of cornballness and straight up insecurity.

I remember some dudes from here jumped over to ISS and I guess they like being praised for their limited kicks and just an all out attention they got from users on ISS. Whereas NT you had to have a little bit of thicker skin to adjust to the jokes and cracks you would get.

All love though, never had a problem with them, but I roll with Meth and NT and that's what it is.

Their forums were pretty solid. Bought a lot of stuff off of there. 2008-2009 was a fun year when the Lakers and Cavs were rollin over everyone and the Kobe IV and LeBron VI was on fire. Wow.

Last edited:
Damn I didn’t know they closed the forums. I joined and was on there for like 2 years before I found NT. Never looked back 😍

like 4-5 years ago someone on there PMed me to buy my account but I didn’t wanna sell it. Guess I should have

So someone was going to scam under your name with PayPal gift :lol:

I remember seeing the magazines being sold in places like Greenwich CT, but not Bed Stuy, Brooklyn, back when Bed Stuy was still all Black. If that book still existed, they'd might sell it there now. I'll never forget that when we rolled up that PUMA event, how shook the security team was....:rofl:

BTW, I guess this did NOT happen!

all images by Pete Forester

Last edited:
It’s great that those archives are still available, just to see the quackery that sole collector used to practice.

ISS was good for selling, but they weren’t true sneaker heads in terms of what the shoe represented.

You will find people who actually cares and knows about the history of Jordan, his career, and his journey here in NT. It just wasn’t about the shoes, but rather the legacy. Just look at Nelson’s instagram or even the Jordan section.

All people over at ISS cared for was grabbing grails and what was hot. ISS began dying once SBs started dying off. Don’t get me wrong, it’s worse today with the reselling but when it comes to being a true fan of sneakers, NT is the one.

ISS was good for selling, but they weren’t true sneaker heads in terms of what the shoe represented.

You will find people who actually cares and knows about the history of Jordan, his career, and his journey here in NT. It just wasn’t about the shoes, but rather the legacy. Just look at Nelson’s instagram or even the Jordan section.

All people over at ISS cared for was grabbing grails and what was hot. ISS began dying once SBs started dying off. Don’t get me wrong, it’s worse today with the reselling but when it comes to being a true fan of sneakers, NT is the one.
Nah, we had plenty of OG heads over there who knew their stuff and many with great collections. It was a mix of all types. I wouldn’t say “all” were hype beasts.

Nah, we had plenty of OG heads over there who knew their stuff and many with great collections. It was a mix of all types. I wouldn’t say “all” were hype beasts.

Maybe not all, but the majority were imo. I honestly believe that’s why NT is still up and running while other forums are all dead.

I used to be a mod over at Hypebeast forums and it pretty much died out for the same reason. Trends died out and people moved on.

That site simply tried to whiten up sneaker collecting, it is as simple as that. There was no culture other than one of consumption, then was stereotypically vanilla to the point of disgust. Truly a tribute to sticking your head in the sand, pretending that all is right in the world. Willful ignorance, until nike calls with a new product that was needed to be pushed. The story of how DePaula was pushed out by complex was both hilarious and just.

Maybe not all, but the majority were imo. I honestly believe that’s why NT is still up and running while other forums are all dead.

I used to be a mod over at Hypebeast forums and it pretty much died out for the same reason. Trends died out and people moved on.

Hard to even say the majority but I do know SC started to dwindle once social media platforms became the main focus for everyone. Complex bought them out and changed to a different format for comments and that was it for SC.

Never signed up for Hypebeast since the name alone was a turnoff for me. I knew about it from others sending me links to certain topics. There were so many sneaker forums in that time it’s funny. All good though as NT is the OG in my eyes, it’s only right they remain.

I know that those members who got swindled by the buy and sell mods, never got their money back. Saw one of the people who got robbed on facebook two years ago, talking about that wack site after the forums shut down. He said jvini simply kept making excuses about when the authorities would be involved, but it never happened.

I gotta find those Chuck E Cheese shots, such a really hip crowd they tried to promote......:lol:

Back
Top Bottom