One Man And His Shoes Tonight 8pm EST on Vice

Saw commercials for this the last couple of weeks. It almost looks like it's gonna be a gotcha type piece about kids getting robbed and shot for their shoes. Definitely didn't seem to be anything positive about the culture that's risen up around sneakers over the years. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I still don’t get how or why somebody would blame Nike or Michael Jordan for someone getting killed for a pair of Jordan’s. Blame the killer or killers that murdered the victim.
I don’t understand that either, call me skeptical but I feel, it’s more to those murders than just shoes

I still don’t get how or why somebody would blame Nike or Michael Jordan for someone getting killed for a pair of Jordan’s. Blame the killer or killers that murdered the victim.

People get car jacked and they don't blame the car companies.

I don't understand sending his family a pair of sneakers though. Pay for a funeral. Call the family. Write a letter.

People get car jacked and they don't blame the car companies.

I don't understand sending his family a pair of sneakers though. Pay for a funeral. Call the family. Write a letter.

That car jacked example was the best one yet. Like I said a few weeks ago if I kill and carjack then owner of a Ferrari, I highly doubt the family of the person killed or my friends and family is going to do a press conference and say Ferrari should make their cars more affordable to the general public.

Although it would have been “nice” for Michael Jordan to pay for the funeral he didn’t have to say or do anything. The killer or need to value life more over materials. That’s on that person.

First half was cool, second half was too long and bordered on exploitative. They could have covered that in 15 minutes and then gotten in to Nike's marketing and why they do it.

Not saying I agree but unlike jewelry, cars, or other clothing items that were and still are somewhat dangerous to wear (Marmot Jackets come to mind) Jordan's have a name and face attached to them so its a little easier for people to voice their frustrations since they have a human target. Seeing the people who made or designed the stuff is still somewhat new, wasn't always like this

They didn't even talk about the adjustments Nike made to supposedly combat some of the ****ery

• Moving release dates from Wednesdays (If I'm mistaken please correct me)
  • Stopping midnight launches at retailers
  • Physical raffles
  • Digital raffles
Felt like they went all in on the violence cause they know it would get most attention. A podcast I follow that has Jumpman on as a recurring host interviewed the guy that made this and he wasn't totally forthcoming when it came to some of this content

Last edited:
Not saying I agree but unlike jewelry, cars, or other clothing items that were and still are somewhat dangerous to wear (Marmot Jackets come to mind) Jordan's have a name and face attached to them so its a little easier for people to voice their frustrations since they have a human target. Seeing the people who made or designed the stuff is still somewhat new, wasn't always like this

Yeah it’s a little easier for people to for whatever blame Michael Jordan only cause of his name and his still alive but it’s lazy and counterproductive on that person’s end. If and when there is a trial......Michael Jordan isn’t on trial.....it’s the defendant.

Back
Top Bottom