open sketch thread

^lol, its what I do...School was alright, dissapointing (you kno, $, lectures, etc)..heres a follow up to the tennis shoe, b4 I "render" it:

Before me there was many; after me there will be none. I am the one.​

i know what you mean, i just dodged a $2000 bullet...just try to stay focused b and keep and open mind...

the sketch looks good, more views...
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

heres my rendering for KGs Jordan XXII..

Inspired by motorcycling boots.. what u think?
2002x3l.jpg

Othieno, I can definietly see the motorcycle racing boot inspirtation in your shoe. But I think you translated your inspiration to litterally as I did with the first version of my Jordan XX2. Your shoe does not really have the profile of a basketball sneaker. I'd try slimming down the shoe, and maybe accomidate flexing a little better. Other than that I can see you put a lot of effort in, good job.

ak47celtics:

i kinda maybe took it too literally.. but i actually think it would work... if any brand.. jordan brand could make it work, if not for the cut of the shoe, i think it wouldn't be tooo far away from a basketball sneaker..

as for slimming down the shoe. i'm not quite sure what u mean.. i know that i actually like the fat lace area and pointy toebox.. but maybe it's just i who sees the beauty in it.. =)

anyhows.. i would love to see your first version of your rendering,, and the others too..

and thanx, for the kind words... it's jus fun when u having a good time..

You're right, if any brand could do it it would definitely be JB. I just think threre are some elements on motorcycle boots that you translated that would not actually work very well performance-wise on a basketball shoe the way you have them. Right now the strap at the ankle area would prevent flex and the shank would do as well. I think you could keep the boot translations (the straps, shank) if you slimmed them down (made them more sleek and stylized), and kept them out of the flex zones. Again, great effort, and I think you could really make this a unique shoe.

Here is the first version of my Jordan XX2, I have not yet completed the second version. It is inspired by the B2 stealth bomber, and as IYE2 noted a page back, the B2's shape is overly translated into the design.

167s75g.jpg

Youve impressed me once again Tokes! Clean job Celtics looks like 21+5. OthienoIve commented you on KG Im Johnny.
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Intresting bout the straps and shank.. i feel that the parts of the foot that flexes, are the parts that are not covered with straps.. as for the midfoot shank.. i believe it is in an area that helps stabilize a shoe, not limiting the flexibilty.. but hey.. i'm no expert.. shoulda paid more attention during biology classes=)

Johnny.. thanx for your comments on KG.. like i said.. probably took the whole boot thing too far.. what do u think of this more cut and slimmed down version? Also, would love to see your work... i'm sure i've seen it.. just haven't known that it was you..

206j2bt.jpg

ak47celtic: nice drawings.. like your drawing.. the shape of the shoe is very jordanesque.. nice angle view too, looks like the laces are not completely in the middle though.. overall, real nice..reminds me of a the 21s alot... maybe too much? seems like the numbered jordans almost never look alike...
would love too seethis drawing rendered.. coloured..
Do you have any finished renderings?

Othieno: The ankle strap normally on your shoe wouldn't prevent flex, but usually the instep is more of a veticle shape, so that the point at which the foot flexes (the point where your foot and leg meet) is not restrained. As for the shank, you're right it is generally in the right spot, but right now it extends out to under the ball of foot and would prevent flex since your shoe is double lasted. Just decrease the width of the shank and that problem will be taken care of.

About my XX2: Yeah the 21 connections are partly why I decided to do a second version, because as you said it does look TOO much like the 21, and that should be changed. I don't have any full renders but I will for the second version once I complete it.

dwade sketches...

207rpug.jpg

Quote:
i feel that the parts of the foot that flexes, are the parts that are not covered with straps.. as for the midfoot shank.. i believe it is in an area that helps stabilize a shoe, not limiting the flexibilty

man stop rejecting the critisism thats being given too you...you post your work so others can tell you what to improve and work on. If you think your rendering is all good in the hood, than dont ask for comments.

and no, im not mad doggie :smile:
smile.gif

LLAMAN11

Yep thats much better Othieno, I like those! Nice job Tokes, cool drawings. Are you entering KG this month? Hopefully Ill be as well, the only problem is I dont have a scanner or PS so itll be hard, but I put a lot of efort into it. Oh well Ill just post the sketches soon.

Just updating with an older rendering to get feedback on proportions... Am I off? i feel on!

208bklc.jpg

And I wasn't rejecting critisism... hope it didn't come out like that.. I was trying to understand where MY thinking had gone wrong.. enyhows.. nobody's mad :smile:
smile.gif

Tokes99: those sketches are beautiful.. i'm loving the rear-view.. and the coloured ones... man.. they really pop out... that's all markers right?
My favourite is the blue/yellow one right under wolverines head.. clean and simple as the previous wade..different views?

tomuch23inmyhead: that is cool.. i dont think i've seen any jordan shoe with such a large jumpman.. cool idea...

Tokes- Nice skecthes..I like the smoother/sleeker ones...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

thanks y'all, i do not know if i will enter but i always do some sketches regardless if i enter, i just don't usually post them on kg...it is markers, don't really use them all that much but i have a gang of them though so i figured i should probably start again with em'...

othieno, try not to worry too much on proportions, focus more on your the elements of your design. you want to be able to point to things on your design and their purpose. where proportions can be a big deal is when you high performance basket ball shoe looks more like a hiking boot...

Quote:
Hopefully Ill be as well, the only problem is I dont have a scanner or PS so itll be hard, but I put a lot of efort into it

that it all you can do, put the effort foward. honestly, the kg thing is not really as fun anymore...

heres my converse d-wade II oly. im thinking of submitting it to kg next month. it prolly needs more touch-up and all.

inspiration: spider-man

208wqiv.jpg

tell what you guys think.

this was my first ever drawing of a shoe
it is a jordan team shoe, inspired by the work'm and the team strong

I tried to do the rendering but I wasnt able to

comments are welcome, be they good or bad.

Tokes could you check out my drawing of the 22 Jordan on KG, Id be really grateful. Thanx in advance. Kicks La it looks good, my only problem it might only be me, but I see DW as the closest person to JOrdan and his shoeline too, so I thought it would be cool if his shoes were like Js everyone of them a whole different thing, but this might only be me. Clean job though. Chris, how old are you. A god start needs work but so do I and everybody else.Keep it up.

chrisl5mavs..Design-wsie that is actually prettty swweeeettt.....

Just don't actually DRAW it on pshop or whatever you used....

Draw it free hand with pen and paper...And then if you wanted scan it in and play with in it photoshop...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Tokes, do you work as a designer somewhere?

Nice stuff everyone. Tokes, if I had to choose just one, Id choose the most bottom sketch as its my favorite and seems to go well for Dwade and it also touches upon his first sig shoe.

arff23-thats what i did, idk if you can tell but the in the lines, you can see some of the pencil around it. i scanned it in and then did what i did with it.

thanks for the comment btw :D
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom